It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Hack, Scary if True

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Correct the Record is a Hillary-campaign super-pac that is dedicated to "fighting the lies" on the Internet. What it is, is a battalion of paid trolls whose job it is to disrupt, demoralize, and defame any Trump supporters and message boards. They communicate using a secure messaging software called "slack" pictured above.

We were able to get some monitoring software onto a junior analyst's laptop to take a look inside the slack-channel where they were doing work. What we found was startling. In the fall-out from last night's debate, they are beginning a new campaign of targeted harassment (or worse) against the "ring leaders" of the decentralized online Trump movement.
original site

They have screen shots of conversations plus a written transcript. If this is true it is scary stuff. Some veiled treats mentioning Seth Rich.

Really need someone to see if this is legit before discussing. The only other place it is posted is onRense He has a screen shot of part of the conversation near the top of his page. The original conversation is quite long and I could only copy all or none...I chose none

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Maybe it's legit, maybe not, but the sources seem incredibly dubious. I'll wait for others' opinions...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Yep. I would prefer it go directly to the hoax bin.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yes, CTR have gotten a little aggressive lately on social media.

They're easy to ignore though.

Admire, your sig choked me up a little bit.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Yeah, I've seen this floating around a bit, got me to thinking.

If legit, who are the players?

Brock is obvious, but fink seems like a big deal too. Could it be this Fink:

BlackRock

Larry Fink
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Imo, sounds contrived. Names too many names, drops NSA, programs to invade trump supporters or "thought leaders" and Rich Seth...

So the word is tell everyone if they support Tump, the NSA and Hillary co are going to "Rich Seth" you.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The handle was 'efink'. His middle name is Douglas but could be misleading. He would certainly be in the right position.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just like the movies...only

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

There was another handle "ekim" which I took for "mike" backwards, until brock, or someone, started referring to them as "kim."

So I am thinking "e" is a prefix for use in this chat.

Anyway, something I just found which makes me think this may be legit:

From your link:

efink [6:07 AM]

one sec.

[6:10]

okay. guys, this is 18-2381 stuff. Got it?

You know what I think this is referencing?

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

cornell

As you said in your OP, "If this is true it is scary stuff."

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I can understand why treason wouldn't bother them. It all depends on who you are.

FoxAcid seems to be major spam. Sounds like possibly placing incriminating evidence on a computer.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

YEah, it looks nasty:

[6:18]

We have the use of an NSA intrusion package. We are going to find the thought leaders. the meme-generators. the #-posters. I need a target analysis for reddit, twitter, and the chans by tomorrow 5 PM.

[6:18]

You will monitor, identify, and using the FA software set we have, identify/dox.

cshaw [6:18 AM]

that will dox them??

efink [6:20 AM]

It will man-on-the-side for the anon boards and intercept traffic. We can use that for IP addresses and loading tracking software and magic lantern onto their devices. Once we have them compromised

Thing is, this is entirely plausible. And then they casually throw in the Set Rich reference.

ekim [6:30 AM]

I'm on it. Do you know what brock is going to do with them? I do kind of want to know, sir.

efink [6:31 AM]

google Seth Rich and shut up about it.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

So if they don't get sufficiently spooked and back off someone may get hurt.

It is ugly. However, the fact the the info is out there could actually spook CTR enough to try other tactics.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I believe it. This is the kind of traitorous nasty stuff one can expect from anything or anyone connected to the Clintons. Everyone should vote for Trump for the sake of our future as America.
edit on 10-1-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So, I read through that entire "conversation".

To me, it seems like it is all written by one person. Same "speaking" style from all the different users.

Plus, it seems too hollywood...like something someone would write something how they think secret hackers work.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So the word is tell everyone if they support Tump, the NSA and Hillary co are going to "Rich Seth" you.

Not quite.
One was telling the other to quit asking questions... then referred to Seth Rich.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I didn't notice the same language but perhaps people who communicate with each other a lot get in sync.

What I did notice that seems too convenient was the many issues touched on.

Cognitive tests, who was she this time, with back and fort joking and then the plot when all joking stopped.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I checked the reference to 'We the Pizza'.
Two locations: Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.
Another in Arlington, VA.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: kruphix

I didn't notice the same language but perhaps people who communicate with each other a lot get in sync.

What I did notice that seems too convenient was the many issues touched on.

Cognitive tests, who was she this time, with back and fort joking and then the plot when all joking stopped.

That is what I would expect them to talk about after the debate.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

efink is backwards for knife, just dropping this.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There's seems to be an unbrella organisation called WIDS, (WARWICK INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY) University of Warwick, England. It is aimed at students.

"Who are we?

We are the Warwick International Development Society (WIDS). We aspire to be the largest student society at the University of Warwick, where our global citizens will become the leaders of tomorrow. Together, we will create a legacy of positive change and learn, care and act to positively impact issues in international development."

What do we do?

We hold an International Development Summit, and a speaker and discussion series, which allows global citizens to hear from and interact with high-profile speakers. We have created career programmes for our members. These include our International Development Exhibition careers fair and our International Internship Scheme. We are also introducing a development art exhibition, “Contrasting Perspectives”. Finally, we are completely revamping the WIDS media publications, and creating an opportunity for members to get tangibly involved in discussing development issues. Finally, for the first time ever, we are creating opportunities to volunteer locally in Coventry, and abroad on our brand new International Development Tour.

What sets us apart?

We hold the largest summit of it’s kind in the United Kingdom, and our ability to bring members and high-profile individuals together is unparalleled. We are focused on furthering the intellectual, humanitarian and career prospects of our members, and we encourage them to be active global citizens.
Past Featured Speakers at our International Development Summit include:

Richard Jolly, Honourary Professor and Research Associate of the Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex. Former Trustee for OXFAM and former Chairman of the UN Association of the UK. Previously Assistant Secretary General of the UN with senior positions in UNICEF and the UNDP

Abdel Bari Atwan, Editor-in-Chief at Rai al-Youm. Former Editor-in-Chief of al-Quds al-Arabi

Bilahari Kausikan, Former Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Singapore

Luis Alberto Lacalle Herrera, President of Uruguay (1990-1995)

Patrick Low, Chief Economist of the World Trade Organistion

Mahmoud Mohieldin, Managing Director, World Bank

Jeffrey Sachs, Director of the Earth Institute, Columbia

Meghnad Desai, Emeritus Professor, London School of Economics and Political Science

Alan Winters, Professor, University of Sussex; former Chief Economist, DfID
Nick Dearden, Director of World Development Movement
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This could be a forum being used by students, not as intended, and as you can see from the above, politics are very much part of the agenda. Anyway everybody keep looking.

www.warwicksu.com...

edit on 1-10-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join