It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS!! Is it our time to REVOLT? If so... HOW?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Well, we know we absolutely cannot go up against an army like the US.

We know we need change but wont get it with the current Government.

How does a government survive when the ones governing don't pay and play? This is the only option to a peaceful and legal revolt. We have to stop paying into the system in every way. A "strike" so to speak.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalan

I read up on this book and I can't wait to purchase it.

This is where I see our future. We will govern our self and have a free market by barter/trade. We will have people in our communities who provide medical and dental for trade as well. Forget the FED, forget taxes, forget it all ... the system is too far gone to have any change be felt by the average American.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

I read up on this book and I can't wait to purchase it.

This is where I see our future. We will govern our self and have a free market by barter/trade. We will have people in our communities who provide medical and dental for trade as well. Forget the FED, forget taxes, forget it all ... the system is too far gone to have any change be felt by the average American.

That is pretty much spot on.

The basic premise of free market anarchism, is that the market can do a better job of providing government services (such as security and arbitration during disputes), at a lower cost and higher quality--without the monopoly associated with said government services.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I don't know how, wish I did

Five Abolitionist Methods that will Help End the State

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

So how do we begin this in a way that will take over the masses quickly and effectively?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

So how do we begin this in a way that will take over the masses quickly and effectively?

I'm definitely in favor of people having the freedom to organize themselves as they see fit. So, local communities would become the focal point of modern life.

For instance, you could go to Columbus Ohio, and everyone there has declared themselves to be a monarchy. You go to Cincinnati Ohio, and they live in communes with no state and no currency. Maybe Cleveland adopts free market anarchism.

The best way to anarchy is locally. Study. Find the type of organization that you think you would enjoy the most. Find like-minded people and do it. Build your communes, or trade in capitalist markets and utilize cryptocurrencies.

The choices we have as far as how we can reorganize into microsocities is endless.

My plan for action concerning free market anarchism is as follows:

1. Free market anarchists pick city X as the place that they begin moving to en masse. Living together locally has the benefit that your neighbors will have the same values as you. This is super important for community-building.

2. Abandon all state programs/services in favor of private options that do the same thing. For instance, an example of a private security option in lieu of relying on government police, would be something like the PeaceKeeper app, and settling disputes with private arbiters, homeschooling your kids or sending them to private schools. This is, ultimately, the "put your money where your mouth is" approach. If we reject the state, then let us reject it through our actions.

3. If you want to be free, live free. No longer seek out government permission for activities that you have the right to engage in (driver's licenses, licenses to carry a concealed weapon, business permits, marriage licenses, worker's permits, fishing/hunting etc). YOU are the embodiment of freedom, be an example to others, live propaganda of the deed.This is where step #1 becomes super important: your local community, who shares your values, will aid in your defense. While I am an individualist, we absolutely have to work together if we are going to succeed in toppling leviathan.

4. Stop paying taxes. No more property, sales, income, inheritance, estate taxes--or any other tax under the sun. Government absolutely requires taxation to function. Take away it's ability to function: don't pay into it. This is where local community becomes important again. Getting around taxation within a community who agrees with your values, would be way easier to achieve, as opposed to trying such a feat when everyone is scattered. We could have an entire community utilizing Bitcoin, or gold and silver, as a currency--which would succeed in us being able to eliminate paying taxes, especially if we're buying/selling/trading within our local community.

That is effectively using peaceful, counter-economics to simultaneously live as an example of absolute freedom, and to help abolish the state.

Anything that you can do before you've achieved step #1 is one small victory for you, and for us. As far as "where should we go," free market anarchists have two very good options. The first option is Acapulco Mexico, which has been dubbed "Anarchopulca Mexico," because it has become a major gathering point for free market anarchists. The second option is New Hampshire who has become host to the "Free State Project." Libertarians, from free market anarchists to Ron Paul tier minarchists, have been moving to that state for quite some time--to make it the "Libertarian" state of the Union. It would be the perfect place for free market anarchist communities to start popping-up.

And there is always the 3rd option: find people who live near you, who are already savvy to free market anarchism, and begin the process of turning the community you already live in, into the type of society you'd like to be in.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Dalan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

WOW! Thank you for taking time to share all that information.

That's inspiring and exactly what I wanted to hear. A real solution.

I'm going to start by educating myself on the concept and possibly buy a bunch of those books you linked me to. Be a perfect gift to give to my family for Christmas.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You should make all of that (and then some) a thread! People shouldn't be supporting slavery to this system any longer. We need to start from the ground up to have a good foundation and it starts with a plan. lol We need spokespersons in every city.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join