It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Illuminati good or evil

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: MamaJ

I missed that joke
I dont understand what "4h" is

And now I have just rubbed my eyes after chopping up Chilli

I just caused you intense pain with no physical contact... do not doubt my power.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

I did but never again lol

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think the "illuminati" don't exist.. or should i say don't exist as an actual secret society. I think the term is pretty much used to sum up all of the shadow "government" or secret societies that do bad to this world out of greed or some spiritual devotion.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jufak

The label "Illuminati" is convienetly used by many conspiricy theorists but it is pure rumour
Which secret societies do you believe do bad to this world?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: imjack

.....the Illuminati (which never made it to the United States)....

Is that what you actually believe Augustus? Like seriously?

The foundation of Weishaupt's secret society was obviously based on Freemasonry, right? Its also a documented fact that Weishaupt's used Freemasonry lodges to recruit members for his "group', correct?

Seems to me that a devoted Freemason should have a fairly strong opinion of the Illuminati, whether they still exist or not... But the only opinion you've actually expressed in this thread about the Illuminati, came across as rather coy to me.

in your opinion, whats the 13 step pyramid on the US dollar bill signify, if its not an Illuminati symbol?

Come on mate, I'm not asking for the key to true enlightenment here... just a straight up opinion of what is, rather than a coy opinion of what isn't... lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Freemasonry exists outside of the US and has done for longer than it has existed in the US.

Weishaupt most likely recruited from Germany, considering that's where he was born and died (Bavaria is southeastern Germany).

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Ummm, yeah I know...

Anyway..... Weishaupt's established his "group" on May 1st 1776, the US declared independence on July 4th 1776... It would've been well known at the time that the US as a country was a rising star, a super power in its infancy.

Seems to me that it would've been extremely short sighted of Weishaupt's and his members to not attempt to get in on that from the ground floor... considering what he was attempting to achieve.

In fact, I'd even go so far as to say a person would be accusing Weishaupt's of being stupid, if they claim he never established his "group" in the US... I mean, why wouldn't he have?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Adam Weishapt's was a Mason when he concieved the Illuminati
However Masons rejected the Illuminati as a group within them ... so that never happened

The Illuminati had hundreds of prominent members throughout Europe before being outlawed

They had Masons and even had members of the Catholic Church amongst their ranks

Like Masons you are free to be a member of other organisations
But in the Lodge you leave such things at the door
As Masonary takes precedence and quite rightly too

The same applied to the Illuminati

It is rumoured the Illuminati made it to Virginia but that is just what it is a unproven rumour
Thomas Jefferson, Mozart and many others were accused of being Illuminati but nothing has ever been proven
So it can only be considered as heresay and rumour

edit on 4-10-2016 by artistpoet because: typos

edit on 4-10-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Because there's no evidence that it ended up in the US. By 1778 (2 years after him making the group and US independence) there was (reportedly) only 27 members.

The main, what you could call, competition, was the Prussian Rosicrucians.

So, no, there's no indication that the Bavarian Illuminati made it out of Europe, let alone to the US.
edit on 4102016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: InachMarbank

G is Grace, the Flaming Star is the Torch of Reason. Those who possess this knowledge are indeed Illuminati. Adam Weishaupt

Every human is guided by an inner compass that points toward the Light, revealing truth and direction when faced with decisions.

Illuminati

I asked if anyone thinks light means flesh.
Not sure if you answered that...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Light is light, flesh is flesh

Feel free to make what ever point/s you are trying to get at

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Like, totally seriously, bro, fer sure.

The Bavarian Illuminati, which the Original Poster is discussing, are from Bavaria, which, last time I consulted a map, is located in Germany.

The foundation of Weishaupt's secret society was obviously based on Freemasonry, right?

Correct.

Its also a documented fact that Weishaupt's used Freemasonry lodges to recruit members for his "group', correct?

Correct, in Europe.

Seems to me that a devoted Freemason should have a fairly strong opinion of the Illuminati, whether they still exist or not... But the only opinion you've actually expressed in this thread about the Illuminati, came across as rather coy to me.

I have made my opinion pretty well known on this point in nine years. The Bavarian Illuminati has been defunct since the 1700's and I do not believe there is a successor group.

in your opinion, whats the 13 step pyramid on the US dollar bill signify, if its not an Illuminati symbol?

The 13 United States colonies, duh. The history of the Great Seal's design committee is pretty well documented. There are several threads on that subject in this forum.

Come on mate, I'm not asking for the key to true enlightenment here... just a straight up opinion of what is, rather than a coy opinion of what isn't... lol.

Not seeing how me saying that I think being anti-Vatican or anti-monarch is being coy, I think that is pretty blunt.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: artistpoet

You have no hard proof, but others might...and do.
the illuminati is good because they do bad stuff to make great into fun and keep innocence from seeing evil

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Light is light, flesh is flesh

Feel free to make what ever point/s you are trying to get at the earth is filled with molten rock that has never seen light but when it emerges from the core it glows with light.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

So it can only be considered as heresay and rumour

Hearsay and rumour is all I'd ever expect when clicking on an Illuminati thread... everyone likes a good story to ponder.

I remember first hearing about the Illuminati... It was back in 2004 when I went on an obsessive anti-Iraq war trip... which brought me to my first conspiracy theory interest.... 911. I remember watching 911 conspiracy videos where there was a guy talking in a hypnotic voice, talking about how 911 was an inside job, which was orchestrated by the evil Illuminati and how they want to enslave humanity, blah, blah, blah...

I became fanatic with anti-establishment views... A really angry hippy, in other words.

But anyway, I grew out of it, I guess... bitterness and hate is spiritually draining and only hurts yourself, in the end.

I'm still convinced they exist and influence every aspect of our lives, though Hollywood and the media... But I'm ok with it now, tbh.

Living in a western society ain't so bad... We're probably a lot better off than any of the people who were from any culture that came before us, at least.

I mean lets face it, if it wasn't the Illuminati, It'd be the Church!

Let em have there chunk of the pie and little secret theories of who & what humanity is... I'll just do my daily 8 hours hard labour... do my time... then find out WTF this is by my own self.

I'm a very patient person.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

the earth is filled with molten rock that has never seen light but when it emerges from the core it glows with light

Sorry I am not understanding the point you trying to make

Are you saying the body has light within

There are many aspects to "Light"
Both scientific and metaphorical

I am not trying to be awkward ... I just would like to understand your point

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I used to consider The Illuminati as my enemy based on heresay and rumour
Until I came upon the writings of Adam Weishaupt

I found a like mind in him ... though I am a nobody
His ideas and reasoning
His understanding of the Human Condition
His own humanity in wanting to put an end to the tyranny he observed around him
To create a better world through reason and morality
He was an extraordinary Man in an extraordinary time of history

Today I see his echoes both in Masonary and also the group I belong to
And another unamed group

I keep saying this but it is truth I hold dear
"A rose by any other name is still a rose"

To me it does not matter what hat you wear
Or the face you show the world
It is what is in your soul that truly matters

Yes I believe the Illuminati exist it is an idea as old as Humanity itself
Though it's name may change throughout history and the time to come
It is what I term as "The Work of Ages"

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: imjack

.....the Illuminati (which never made it to the United States)....

The foundation of Weishaupt's secret society was obviously based on Freemasonry, right? Its also a documented fact that Weishaupt's used Freemasonry lodges to recruit members for his "group', correct?

The birth of liberty created 13 realms one of which created created earth where the bill of rights was crated to ratify the constitution uniting the 13 original colonies then the beast who is the only man the earth made said earth is one thing I am one thing are you my daughter?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mysticalmetalhippie
According to you.

a reply to: artistpoet
en.wikipedia.org...

Some members of the Bavarian Illuminati were Masons, but that group was plagued with internal issues and they started falling apart before the governments banned them.

1782 Congress of Wilhelmsbad: www.travelingtemplar.com/2013/07/the-1782-congress-of-wilhelmsbad.html

The Illuminati is an interesting group to study, but anymore the word "Illuminati" is a catchword for conspiracy theorists.

Rather than the 13 original colonies?

You're applying the modern notion of a "global cabal/NWO" onto what the Bavarian Illuminati was about.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

Thank you KSigMason I was hoping you would show up on this thread

Thanks for the link re: 4-H

Their Pledge

"I pledge my head to clearer thinking,
My heart to greater loyalty,
My hands to larger service,
and my health to better living,
for my club, my community, my country, and my world*

Reminds me of a more recent organisation I came across
Based in Virginia I believe

Luminari

www.luminari.org...

I had a look at your Traveling Templar Blog/Site
I was looking for anything you have studied/written regarding The Bavarian Illuminati/Adam Weishaupt

Could not find any ... Unless you can direct me to where I may find such

Regards
a/p

edit on 5-10-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join