It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Globalization is a good thing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Globalization in some form is inevitable. The only real question is how it comes about and what form it takes. By simply fighting the concept of globalization in all it's possible forms, to a degree, we force it to come about through the shadows and backroom deals.

Perhaps it's time we take control of the narrative and stop trying to fight it, so we can bring it into the light and direct it. As we are currently going, it's happening whether we like it or not, and we have no real clue what form it will take, just hints that we can parcel out from the subterfuge used to hide it's form from us.

We're all out of the loop, that desperately needs to change.

Our current strategy is delay and deny globalism vs. whatever shady form of globalism they are forcing on us under our noses.

I don't think this will work out for us.

Time to pull our heads out of our ass and change our strategy up to what form globalism should take and trying to force them to open up that discussion with us in the light of day.

That's just my thoughts though.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Globalization also includes Regime changes and World Government controlled by unelected Special Interests. Let alone Global Corporate Monopolies harvesting wealth and resources from countries to countries. So no, it is not good, unless you are a member of the Bilderbergs.

Ah, the Bilderbergs.. well, their influence is vastly overestimated. In my country and in most of Europe, we, the current elite - the folks that are members of a political party - we rule our world. And boy, would we be glad to have more people join us! But alas, most people like to comment but not to be responsible.

Are you a member of a political party? If not - why not? That's the elite that is ruling you, the 1-2 percent of all people that decide for you. Not the Bilderbergs.. whomever invented that lie was either a clever disinformant or just an idiot. No, dear man, it are the political parties that rule our world. Join one, rule.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Globalization in some form is inevitable. The only real question is how it comes about and what form it takes. By simply fighting the concept of globalization in all it's possible forms, to a degree, we force it to come about through the shadows and backroom deals.

I totally agree, as I said before: it can't be stopped, unless we make the Internet disappear, close all borders tightly, eliminate radio transmissions, do not trade anymore globally - in short: create a massive amount of GDR lookalikes. And even then: the GDR walls came tumbling down too, you simply can't stop information, unless half of your population monitors the other half. And it will be a cold day in hell before half of the population unites against the other (though in the US they're getting close ..)

We're all out of the loop, that desperately needs to change.

Actually, I don't feel "out of the loop". Out of control, yes, frequently - but that's perfectly understandable - I'm just ONE person on a planet inhabited by many billions. Folks whom I will never meet, never get to know, whom in overwhelming masses are strangers to me. O boy - who knows what they're up to

Globalisation is mostly a personal matter. The difference with the old world of yesteryear is that the 50 people that really matter to you and that you really know do not necessarily come from your own city, village or nation anymore - they are probably all over the world and so even on your personal scale you will have to cope with globalization. But believe me, friends, we are NOT in control. But we are "in the loop" - open your browser, read the newspaper, listen to the radio, talk to the folks near you, mail, chat, skype, app .. you are in the loop.

Our current strategy is delay and deny globalism vs. whatever shady form of globalism they are forcing on us under our noses.

I don't think there is some kind of master-plan. Yes, there are shady people, but most of the decisions we see made for us are made by people that really work hard to get the best result for all of us. And the decisionmakers always cheer participation, they WANT you to join them! It is our own decision NOT to, and leave it to them - and then, invariably, complain if we don't like what they did. Also, the key word here is "compromise" - you won't get it your way. Never.

Time to pull our heads out of our ass and change our strategy up to what form globalism should take and trying to force them to open up that discussion with us in the light of day.

Indeed. My advice: join the decisionmakers! Become a member of a political party that supports worldwide cooperation and globalisation. Help rule our world. But always realise that you are but one in billions. You won't get it your way - ever - but you will be able to make the world a slightly better place.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

National Sovereignty Assures there will Always be a Bastion of Freedom SOMEWHERE in the World .

Also many a tyrant has also claimed sovereignty over an area of land and it's peoples
I am talking about self soveriegnty ... a Human Right that comes with responsibility
The free choice to follow those deemed fit, or not to follow those deemed unfit

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Globalization has been around for many decades, and is one of the reasons why the population increased significantly worldwide together with production output.

The catch, unfortunately, is fallout from limits to growth.

(post by NorvinHobbs14 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Moin, Moin!

I disagree and agree at the same time, but first things first.
In short, I think we'd need a few things to make it happen the good way:

- open source everything
- direct democracy
- basic income for everyone

The long version of an anwer is in this utopia thread over here. I'm too lazy to write all that down again, sorry. Lots of interesting thoughts right there, give it a try.

Stars and flags for you anyway, all in for the Magna Frisia 2.0.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Globalization is not a good thing? Do those who want globalisation want their living standards to go through the floor and turn to crap because that's what will happen.

Already welfare systems for individuals are continuously being dismantled. This is not to say that governments do not believe in welfare systems because its patently obvious that do believe in welfare, corporate welfare.

Govt are merely moving the welfare system away from individuals and on to corporations. In a glabalised world, welfare systems for individuals will dissappear once the objective of flooding the entire first world with 2nd and 3rd world people has been achieved.

I can only assume that the OP considers themselves as either a member of the 1% or they are confident they will become one of the 1% because if they are not, I'm sure they will come to deeply regret ever having supported a globalised world.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
I am all in favour of a world council where all nations and tribes are represented
Where world issues affecting the Human Race can be discussed

But that's simply a pie-in-the-sky version of globalism. The reality is more like:

www.youtube.com...

or this:

www.reddit.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Globalization only works if there is parity between its members. Otherwise it's just a massive income redistribution scheme.

Moreover, the world is healthier with its diversity. Globalization tends to eliminate that diversity.
edit on 2-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

You don't need globalization to have economic hitmen. Banana republics were probably easier to develop and manage without globalization.

Before the world was sticking their noses into what was going on in some tiny country the superpowers only had to install the governments of their choice with little or no repercussions.
edit on 2-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Globalization tends to eliminate that diversity.

That would be true if it were carried out like the old empires trying to bring civilization to the poor sods of the world.

I don't think it would apply in today's world. Too much importance placed on keeping traditions alive and having others respect them.

edit on 2-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join