It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I've done some calculations regarding the hacked WADA database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Do you remember that WADA hacking scandal with 5 separate batches of leaked information? I thought the hack was an abortive one. But then I did the math. It's verifiable.

We've got 107 athletes, 23 countries, and 29 disciplines.

Most of "diseased" athletes live in the USA: 23,36% of the total number of athletes from the list (GB occupies the second place: 21,50%, respectively, so together these two countries give 44,86% of all "diseased" athletes). By "diseased" I mean those who have taken illegal drugs for therapeutic purposes, that is officially called Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE). For the sake of brevity, let’s call it “exemptions”.

Just curious, which discipline (taking US athletes only) had the greatest number of "exemptions"? Swimming.

Which country was the leader in swimming in Rio? USA.

Which discipline was the most important for the USA in terms of medals (33 of 121, see more). Swimming.

So:
1. Team USA won the overall medal count.
2. Team USA won the swimming medal count.
3. Swimming for Team USA was №1 medal-winning discipline.

At the same time:
1. Team USA won the overall "exemptions" count.
2. Swimming athletes had the greatest number of "exemptions" (for Team USA).

WADA, "We are impartial, objective, balanced and transparent."
For sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

I didn't know drugs to help people with asthma or Anaphylaxis, for example, were illegal...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I didn't know drugs to help people with asthma or Anaphylaxis, for example, were illegal...

Amazing the amount of elite level athletes that suffer with Asthma.

Cycling which is the sport i participate in is riff with TUE's and just plan old doping.

If a athlete needs meds to perform such as Bradley wiggins claiming Asthma in the lead up to the 2012 tour de france yet he was winning major races in the build up, give me a break. It is noted that using the steroid treatment he was on if it really was for Asthma was so strong he would not have a career if he really did need that stuff.

Same as Sharapova and the Heart meds..

TUE's are used to get around regulation, Lance Armstrong used one just after his come back and when he was pinged. He simply got the Doctor to write a back dated percription and no more was heard until he admitted guilt.

Personally if a Athlete is using a TUE make it public, f#ck the reasons these people are making millions of $$ and it is the athletes that do not bend the rules that suffer.

At the moment if you do not dope you do not cope, sponsors want winners not also rans..

RA
edit on 1-10-2016 by slider1982 because: SP

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm not drawing conclusions, I am not an expert. I'm just pointing out the figures that (perhaps) speak for themselves.

BTW, how did you like UKAD's confession that 53 of 366 athletes (14,48%, virtually every seventh) took therapeutic drugs? Every seventh is a lot or a little?

edit on 2016 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I'd hazard a guess that those doing the wrong thing, aren't on the TUE list.

Unless you are insinuating what the OP is and believe that the governing bodies are in on it?

Then I would have to ask, why would they have such a list in the first place?

This all just sounds like sour grapes from Russian apologists.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

What about the other countries?

You should also be presenting the numbers of athletes each country had participating.

Then have the percentage of swimmers in each country that received the "exemption"

Is there a correlation to swimmers overall needing exemptions? Are swimmers more prone to asthma and other such conditions?

These answers might provide better context.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'd hazard a guess that those doing the wrong thing, aren't on the TUE list.

Unless you are insinuating what the OP is and believe that the governing bodies are in on it?

Then I would have to ask, why would they have such a list in the first place?

This all just sounds like sour grapes from Russian apologists.

TUE's where so a athlete who say was coming back from aggressive treatment after surgery could take a banned substance for recovery (example).. It has been turned into a farce and loop hole where full fit athletes use the TUE to micro dose in many instances to gain a edge. 1-2% increase at the top is a massive amount.

Sure people will be on the proper hot sauce but that does not take away that numerous athletes are blatantly bending the rules claiming illness or disease to get steroids into their system. This has been known for years it is only recently the data can confirm the theory.

It will burst a bubble for many people that their hero is infact just a dopped up cheat using a system that was designed for athletes to get healthy again after injury when infact they just go to a doctor and say their lungs hurt and get steroids for Asthma.. It is that easy to get a TUE..

As I said make it public, either sit out if the athlete "is that ill" or have everyone know you have had the steroid injection. That should stop the athlete that gets ill the same time each year before their big event..

Of course the governing bodies are in on it, The UCI in cycling was known to turn a blind eye to doping, case in point Armstrong again. Everyone knew that the ping he had early on was from a banned substance the UCI came to him and the team and informed them to "tone it down". Look at the Armstrong lie documentry or any on him.

Tennis is the same, they even have a policy (or they did) of not disclosing a drug ban as it damaged the reputation of the sport, case in point Agassi when he was caught and was out with s 6 month "injury" that he later admitted was a drugs ban. The rumour mill was churning also for Nadal who suddenly had a 6 month "injury" lay off and had never been the same since and who's body type has changed. It has all the haul marks of being busted for Steroids.

Sir Dave Brailsford the Team Sky managed and a big part of British Cycling and Olympic setup is Bradley Wiggins team manager, they had a no needle policy yet Bradley Wiggins was having steroid injections leading into his biggest races??..

Yes the governing bodies know what goes on..

RA
edit on 1-10-2016 by slider1982 because: SP

edit on 1-10-2016 by slider1982 because: Added

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I'd hazard a guess that those doing the wrong thing, aren't on the TUE list. Unless you are insinuating what the OP is and believe that the governing bodies are in on it? Then I would have to ask, why would they have such a list in the first place? This all just sounds like sour grapes from Russian apologists.

They have to have a list because of drug testing, obviously. Otherwise, you're suggesting they'd simply break their own rules on a case by case basis in favor of their preferred athletes. Imagine if they got caught doing that? Imagine a whistle blower saying 'I was ordered to edit lab results for _____ _____.' With this approach, there was no such risk.

What is the "wrong thing" anyway? If you know what some of this stuff is, it looks wrong. The athlete's medical files were secret, so it wasn't open for debate. Thus keeping the individual medical files secret was the workaround; some countries were much more aggressive in asking for obviously helpful exemptions, which were quietly granted.

As in, exposing them has surely shocked a lot of countries about what 'therapeutic use' their own athletes might be able to get away with. I'm not sure if all countries could review all individual files, but that seems to me to be obviously necessary for fair competition.

top topics

join