It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad casualty of guns and stupid people in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I do not like to make this thread, but find it necessary to do.

493 REASONS (children age 0 to 11 killed/injured 2016) guns in the hand of public is a bad idea, every thing from accident to deliberate murder of children age 0 to 11.
These are the sad casualties of today's America.

An additional 2300 CASES 2016 age 12 to 17 killed or injured.

I know you love your guns and i know there are a lot or responsible gun owners, but these numbers clearly shows something needs to be done, no family or children deserve this violence, and still it happens every day in America.

Here are a few examples, just from September out of 47 cases.

SOURCE

MILWAUKEE -- A 4-year-old boy was killed in a shooting on Milwaukee's north side Friday evening, police say. It happened just before 6:00 p.m. in the 2100 block of N. 15th St. Police say the boy was shot inside a home by a gun fired inside the same home.

SOURCE

(It was a) senseless act of violence committed by cowards with guns," Stockton police spokesman Joe Silva said. "Anytime there is a loss of life, it's a tragedy. But, when it involves a 3-year-old little girl, that hits the whole community really hard."

SOURCE

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - Birmingham Mayor William Bell reacted to Saturday’s fatal shooting in Ensley while joining Police Chief A.C. Roper in announcing an arrest in the case. Bell said the death of 4-year-old Rodriquez Ferguson 'makes no sense.'

SOURCE

RIVIERA BEACH (CBS12) — The family of four-year old Amirra Jacques on Monday, struggled to understand how the little girl picked up a loaded gun, and killed herself while playing with the weapon. Amirra's 25-year old uncle and a 16-year old boy who lives in the family's home, are charged with the girl's death.

edit on 1-10-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Just been looking at that , i think they was around 500 deaths in England and Wales last year due to gun crime , poor kids .

Sort your # America and pull your head out your ass , and don't give it the GUNS AINT THE PROBLEM BS .

THEY ARE THE PROBLEM !

But I suppose it's only your problem when , it's on your door step !

Live in the paranoid denial lives , those who don't think guns are a problem .

edit on 1-10-2016 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

What is your point ?

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Well, Ill say this...gunsafe.
Just buy a damn gunsafe and use it. Nothing more extreme needs to occur.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

What is your point ?

Check my edit , you sum it up perfect !

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

i think they was around 500 deaths in England and Wales last year due to gun crime

I see your edit, do you have a source for that, as that i do not believe.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It should be common sense to have a gun safe so you can lock up your weapons if you are not around. You can always take them out before night but it´s much more easier and convenient to just put it in a drawer. So accidents happen.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Sorry that's gun crime AND knife crime .

edit on 1-10-2016 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

+44 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Why do you people insist on punishing gun owners? Is it a phobia with you? Why aren't you screaming about cars, drinking and driving or drugs? Those kill far more kids than guns, but you're quiet on those. Why is that?
Fact of the matter is, accidents happen. Stupid parents don't lock up their guns and a child gets hold of it. While that a terrible thing, it's no reason to punish "me".
You want to stop gangs from shooting people? Forget the guns and worry about the reasons those gangs are there to begin with. Taking my guns or making tougher laws, is going to accomplish nothing. Look at Chicago. Some of the toughest gun laws in the nation and people are still shooting each other left and right. And by the way, that is gang violence. Stop trying to make it sound like if you take my gun they won't have one.
More whining and hand wringing over a much more complicated issue than just an inanimate object.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Why aren't you screaming about cars, drinking and driving or drugs?

That is very simple, those are different problems running next to gun violence, you don't make one problem go away by mentioning other problems.

Accidents, deliberate murder and self inflicted damage is different problems which should be taken care of individually.

If you wanna discuss these problems feel free to make a thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I look at firearms as a tool, not a necessity to just have, I believe that all owners of firearms need to be trained at all ages to understand the lethalness of what they are holding and the power behind and consequences for miss using them.

I have to compare GUNS like a book of matches, how many kids had grown up playing with matches and starting their home on fire or even worst, at a young age I would let me kids start the fire for me, I showed them how to do it, my brother-in-law came over and we where going to sit outside and have a few drinks I sent my boys out to start the fire and he question me " your letting them start the fire" I said yes, because they understand how to and I don't have to worry about them playing with matches in the house or woods.

So Guns are like Matches (fire) most kids don't understand and need to be taught the dangers in both.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21317987]Mianeye

It is always a sad thing to hear about young children being shot and killed. However after following the sources provided a common thread emerged in most. The shooters were NOT upstanding citizens using guns for their own protection, but instead were convicted felons, gang members and the likes. The problem is not the guns but the people using them. We tried to initiate a solution to this problem (stop and frisk) but since the bulk of the problem exist in predominantly poor underprivileged neighborhoods police were accused of targeting minorities and the program was stopped. If it is predominantly minorities that are carrying illegal weapons and committing these atrocities then yes there will be a higher number of them arrested. If we do not allow our police to do their job because the majority of offenders are minorities then we will never get past this without the government stepping in and ordering a police state and taking guns away from everyone. This is what the criminals would love to see since their weapons are obtained illegally anyway they will be the only ones with them.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

When it comes to avoiding accidents i agree, but children are shot everyday in deliberate murder, that's the elephant in the china shop.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
OK,how do you stop the death by beatings?There are more by hands than guns by the FBI statistics.So when you solve that then we can pursue your gun deaths.Maybe you should get rid of human nature,people will always kill each other,if not by gun then car bombs,cars into crowds,poison gas,or swords,hell it`s went on since there were people and won`t stop as long as we exist.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Well, Ill say this...gunsafe.
Just buy a damn gunsafe and use it. Nothing more extreme needs to occur.

Well that's logic out of the window. Unless you can tell me what mythical scenario exists that would require a gun "for defense" but enough time to be able to open the safe!!! Love to know the mythical burglar who will stop his actions and wait for you to open your safe to get your gun. Now if you have time to open the safe then we enter pre-meditated territory.......oops.

Today I will head into Glasgow on a train, no guns. I wall pass cops in the station, no guns. Some of the cops will chat to folks, no guns. There will be some pished people (always are in Glasgow), no guns. I will still be walking safely, no guns. Sauchiehall Street will mobbed, as per usual, with street stalls, buskers, no guns.

Thank F. I'm having a long Italian lunch-dinner this afternoon in Glasgow. Safe without guns.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Again it's a different topic, i'll bet you 3000 children has not been killed or injured by hand in 2016 in America, if you could provide a source i will believe you...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Guns are tools ... They can be used to save lives or take them if used incorrectly. So here in the US the number of gun deaths have been for the most part steadily declining for decades. Yes we have about 11k gun homicides but how many people are saved by them in defensive gun use? Even the left leaning National Crime and Victimization Survey pegs that number over 100k a year. Guns are tools use it correctly and it can give you joy, bring you food, perhaps even save your life, ensure your freedom or liberate your nation. Use it incorrectly or giving it to the wrong people, it could take everything away.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61
I would have to agree with you, and to push it a little further, how many of those gun totting thugs leave the weapons unattended at home and the kids that don't have any clue what it is picks it up and shots it ( the Book of matches thing), or the thugs have a know history and other thugs go out and shot up their homes because that thug did something against the other thugs, I lost my self on that one but thugs against thugs that don't care about the outcome of the innocent lives in the homes. And most of the time you will find out that the firearm was an Illegally acquired. We need to address the illegally acquired issue, not add more laws since the ones we have real only work for those that follow the laws, thugs will not follow the laws to get what they want, and they don't care about the innocent by standards when it come to their actions.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

what do you suggest?

Please lay out how your plan will work.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Total number of gun violence incidents 42000 2016, defensive use with guns 1300.

SOURCE

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join