It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad casualty of guns and stupid people in America

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: SudoNim

Yes, it took a hyperbolic path right over it.

If you take action to make something not happen, and that action can be seen as directly responsible for your success, then you can lay claim to success.

i.e., my kid hasn't shot someone because i keep access to my guns under strict control, so my methods are successful. Its not because he repels tigers.

So if I keep a tiger locked in my house and it doesn't kill my children because I have strict controls, ipso facto it shouldn't kill anyone's children if they used strict controls and should therefore be encouraged?

Your logic is flawed and quite frankly arrogant.

Millions of "irresponsible" people have easy access to guns which endanger their families lives and all you can say is, "I consider myself responsible".

What?

You shouldn't do metaphors.

I thought by using metaphors and dumbing it down you'd maybe understand, hold on let me see if I can explain it in pretty pictures for you.

I'd say it's pretty clear that what you thought was "oh crap, I need to get personal with my posts because I don't have a valid point to make and I can't bear to lose!"

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I guess you simply will not be able to understand. It's okay, people who have different cultures do not always understand things from another culture. I lived literally all around the world when I was growing up, and while I learned a lot about the other cultures I was exposed to, sometimes I just did not understand some things, because I was not born and raised there.

With freedom comes responsibility. Our constitution gives us the freedom to own firearms. If you own one, it comes with responsibilities.

We have other freedoms that one should be responsible with like free speech, the right to vote and the right to assembly. Each of those, if abused or not done in a responsible way, cold lead to very bad things happening.

As a culture, Americans pride themselves in being free, and having to the freedom to do what we want and own what we want. It's part of our culture and has been for a very, very long time.

What really grates and angers most of us is when people start trying to dictate what we can and can not have, what we are free to do and not free to do, and how we should live our lives.

It's even more grating when non-US citizens start spouting off about it. I really don't care about their opinion. They don't live here. They are not really going to care about my opinion about where they live. So I don't even try, because I'm pretty sure it's none of my business, unless they ask for my opinion.

Many of your posts are rather revealing in their narrow way of thinking: You think we're stupid, you think that the majority of the time that people buy guns here is because they have an irrational fear or are trying to compensate for something. You think that all Americans are the same.

I think the funniest thing to me though is: The fact that you're here at a conspiracy sight, telling it's members that they shouldn't be afraid of anything, and to never arm themselves.

But hey, apparently you are smarter than all of us Americans so I bow before you superior logic.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Yes, using freedom to do wrong is bad, I think we all accept that valid point.

Looking back, I don't see much "logic (a term thrown around this site like a hot potato)" from anyone.

I am pro constitutional rights, although today they seem more like a general guide line to be interpreted and twisted to make any point being made.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful Damn good post.Some people cannot understand the enjoyment from hitting a distant target, taking a game animal cleanly for the table,oiling your great grandfathers shotgun and the great memories it brings.And yes, we always should keep our guns secure and not where children can get them.Treat them all like they are loaded and cocked even when you know they are unloaded and accidents are very unlikely.And it`s not just 2`nd amendment rights the left is attacking,they want utter control over every person.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

If you take action to make something not happen, and that action can be seen as directly responsible for your success, then you can lay claim to success.

i.e., my kid hasn't shot someone because i keep access to my guns under strict control, so my methods are successful. Its not because he repels tigers.

So if I keep a tiger locked in my house and it doesn't kill my children because I have strict controls, ipso facto it shouldn't kill anyone's children if they used strict controls and should therefore be encouraged?

Millions of "irresponsible" people have easy access to guns which endanger their families lives and all you can say is, "I consider myself responsible".

What?

I thought by using metaphors and dumbing it down you'd maybe understand, hold on let me see if I can explain it in pretty pictures for you.

I'd say it's pretty clear that what you thought was "oh crap, I need to get personal with my posts because I don't have a valid point to make and I can't bear to lose!"

Whereas your post above has valid topic points and isn't personal at all... oh wait.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
in very young children 2 years or below more drown in buckets than by firearms. should we ban buckets? children of all ages are over 10 times more likely to drown than be killed by a gun.

im sure shopkins alone account for more deaths in children via choking than gun violence.

what contributes more to america, the second amendment or shopkins?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
in very young children 2 years or below more drown in buckets than by firearms. should we ban buckets? children of all ages are over 10 times more likely to drown than be killed by a gun.

im sure shopkins alone account for more deaths in children via choking than gun violence.

what contributes more to america, the second amendment or shopkins?

But we need buckets. If buckets didn't have any use, they wouldn't be there.
What part of that are you struggling with?

By responding with an argument about other objects that have caused death you are completely deflecting from the issue.

Are you claiming that guns are safer than buckets?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

inherently they are no different. that is correct. They are both inanimate objects used by animated objects to complete a task. i.e., "tools".

Set a bucket on a table next to a gun sitting on the table, and what you have are 2 objects completely incapable of doing anything but sitting on that table, until acted upon by an exterior force.

That exterior force, in this discussion, is humans. Humans are the will, and the action. They are what needs to be addressed. Fear of inanimate objects is irrational.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

What purpose does a gun have in your home?

There seems to be such a strong correlation between Americans and fear of not having a gun.

Such paranoid and scared people. No wonder the world considers America a joke. I mean look at the elections.

I have one because I want one.

Do you think my nationality has anything to do with this? You would be sorely mistaken.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Whereas your post above has valid topic points and isn't personal at all... oh wait.

If you beat a hornets nest with a stick, you bound to get stung. Should not be surprised by it.

My personal view, is that firearms fundamentals, law, safety, and training should be a mandatory course in American education such as Math and writing, with progressions through each grade. Some may view my opinion and suggestions as extreme, but it would empower America's citizens for generations and the threats of foreign invasions or even domestic insurrections through the State Department (like the last eight years) would remain unlikely.

Many people, including children, successfully defend their lives and homes every year with firearms from criminals. What follows is but a mere handful of examples of a few adults and kids protecting their homes from criminals who would seek to make them victims, and probably succeed in the countries where guns are heavily restricted..

and other instances

An armed, educated family is an empowered family.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

What?

Pointing out that you've resorted to personal attacks isn't personal. It's stating that you've resorted to personal attacks.

But hey thanks for reinforcing the point, since you'd rather play the "I am rubber you are glue" game now.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

If you beat a hornets nest with a stick, you bound to get stung. Should not be surprised by it.

My personal view, is that firearms fundamentals, law, safety, and training should be a mandatory course in American education such as Math and writing, with progressions through each grade. Some may view my opinion and suggestions as extreme, but it would empower America's citizens for generations and the threats of foreign invasions or even domestic insurrections through the State Department (like the last eight years) would remain unlikely.

Many people, including children, successfully defend their lives and homes every year with firearms from criminals. What follows is but a mere handful of examples of a few adults and kids protecting their homes from criminals who would seek to make them victims, and probably succeed in the countries where guns are heavily restricted..

and other instances

An armed, educated family is an empowered family.

So it works a handful of times we should therefore ignore all the times it doesn't work?

For every YouTube video you post of someone protecting their family I could post three instances of someone getting accidentally shot.

So i'm not sure what the point of spamming the thread with these videos is, other than to try and overpower the argument.

Let me try and explain it to you in a metaphor...
It's the equivalent of posting videos of people jumping off buildings and surviving and claiming its perfectly safe.

It's an extremely small and simple-minded approach to a much larger.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

What?

Pointing out that you've resorted to personal attacks isn't personal. It's stating that you've resorted to personal attacks.

But hey thanks for reinforcing the point, since you'd rather play the "I am rubber you are glue" game now.

Do you know what the word personal means? If it's not personal, then who was it aimed at... maybe I'm confused because you seemed to be directly it solely at me yet its somehow not personal.
edit on 6-10-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Much respect for telling the truth.
Many people like guns enjoy hunting and range shooting. As long as they are responsible with them it's cool with me.
Only shot a shotgun and a sniper rifle (army range) and I will admit it I really enjoyed it I can see why folk like it.
Heck my weapon of choice is swords it gives me the same feeling as holding a gun....powerful

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: brutus61

The only way stop and frisk would be fair is if EVERYONE was stopped and frisked - all races, all genders, all nationalities, all citizens. If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear, right?

I agree with that but in the majority of the neighborhoods where it would do the most good you will not find the racial diversity that would be required to make it "fair"

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

At this point with all the attempts you have made, it is clear you do not even know how to use metaphors, because you keep getting it wrong. you dont make much sense anymore in this subject.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

At this point with all the attempts you have made, it is clear you do not even know how to use metaphors, because you keep getting it wrong. you dont make much sense anymore in this subject.

They were analogies actually,

moderator bigfatfurrytexan called them metaphors. Maybe you should take this up with them instead.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Many people like guns enjoy hunting and range shooting. As long as they are responsible with them it's cool with me.
Only shot a shotgun and a sniper rifle (army range) and I will admit it I really enjoyed it I can see why folk like it.
Heck my weapon of choice is swords it gives me the same feeling as holding a gun....powerful

If you let people intimidate you into "needing a reason" then you've already conceded the ground that a reason is needed. From that point, you're on the defensive. You're trying to prove that you have a reason that should be accepted by the other side.

I say "screw the other side".

I own things because I want to own them. I don't need to justify that.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

If you let people intimidate you into "needing a reason" then you've already conceded the ground that a reason is needed. From that point, you're on the defensive. You're trying to prove that you have a reason that should be accepted by the other side.

I say "screw the other side".

I own things because I want to own them. I don't need to justify that.

How about I come to your home and own a couple things in there, because I want to own them.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

He owns guns and you would be trespassing. You may get shot *shrugs*. I could be wrong.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join