It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting Jaques Vallée - Beyond the Control Loop

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
In a linked universe, not so very faraway, there lives an entity that depends on human beings. Does it exist in a realm of non-linear time and non-locality, using (dreaming?) humans to form space and time, and thus showing that the two universes are interconnected? What else does it need us for I wonder?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Jake27

What is this entity, and where can it be found?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
it's literally "sims city" but who is playing the game?
nice to hear from ya people

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stealthyaroura

Iain M Banks used to write about these 'neural laces' that were gossamer webs attached to people's brains and brain stems. They'd act as wireless interfaces between human intelligence and the future internet. Elon Musk has apparently taken the inspiration and has people working on the idea - brain-computer interfaces (BCI).

I was reminded of this whilst reading an article about fears that AI could make the leap into humans via something something similar. It's an amusing context to imagine Vallee's 'Control System' as an AI that's transcended our current abilities to define or describe it. It'd be something highly advanced and capable of dwelling inside and outside of human populations and individuals.

Of course, if we work on the premise the 'control system' is a real thing, we still cannot say where it came from or when. It may have been here forever and has been waiting for us to progress to the internet, and further, in order to express itself and exercise influence.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

i smell butthurt
but seriously, aliens are boooorrrriiing and really i would get very sad if they were telling the truth after all and they are extraterrestrial
the alternatives are much cooler

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

hey kandisky, why did you stop visiting my threads? theres a bunch of cool content that i am sure would be interesting to you

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

no, no and no
the synchronicities are the language of the universe, a language wich only gods can use
do i need to say more?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

If the ufo phenemon origins are not alien, and are from the future, then you might as well be right. I wouldn't doubt that these things are related to mental constructs that our species makes over time, while at the same being completely independent from it. Most mythology, beleifs that were the laws of the universe, have now become a form of entertainment today, an are apparent then ever these days.

Thing is, at what point in time, could such a future exist, being able to parallel itself with not only our world, plane, or universe, and being able to swing back an fourth with both past an present?

What would any grown adult, be more afraid of, reality, or something that would freighten children from a work of fiction, being a reality? Ancient man feared what it couldn't kill, let alone understand.
edit on 12-11-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

hey kandisky, why did you stop visiting my threads? theres a bunch of cool content that i am sure would be interesting to you

You post lots of good threads and I've read many of them.

I lost the fire for UFOs and humanoid encounters which is why I don't post in many UFO threads anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

It's a bit hard for me to wrap my head around it, but it's interesting to think about at some point future and past would essentially become the same thing, kind of just like left and right.
Idk just letting you know I'll be thinking about it...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

i know why you are tired, ufology has been veeeerrrryyy boring recently with all that tom delongue bs
but please i just post, good encounters
show your knowledge to us

also i may or may not be thinking of doing the rowley regis encounter as some sort of weird christmas special

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
hey buddy, that’s some theory and iv'e heard a little about what will happen when we reach the point of creating AI and i gotta say it's spooky. also very interesting if it's already here awaiting us to catch up and interface.

Thanks for the link i shall have a read.probably spook the heck out of me even more!

I'm with the "not such a good idea" club when it comes to creating AI that could get out of control.
star for you sir.
'neural laces' ! wow just wow. reminds me of the film "LUCY"
edit on 12/11/2017 by stealthyaroura because: wow

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Specimen

It's a bit hard for me to wrap my head around it, but it's interesting to think about at some point future and past would essentially become the same thing, kind of just like left and right.
Idk just letting you know I'll be thinking about it...

I like what Yoda said to Luke in the 2nd film, "Difficult to see, always in motion the future." The present can lead to the past, an the past, to the future, but it not important to worry about the future, not as much as the present, which apparently always in motion too I guess since the future will become the past like the present.

Anyways, back to the thread, I do like one connection I believe Jacque made, and it is relation to psyhic or even supernatural phenemon. What if the humanoid sightings are some kind of astral reaction from the phenomen coming into contact with us? After all, alot of more violent encounters sound like they could of been avoided, an don't seem to serve any of scientific basis at all ether.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Lets stay grounded people and never forget, the NSA has intercepted non terresterial radio signals.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

AND suppressed well...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Jake27

There is a theory that OUR atom bombs disrupted OTHERS as well as caused the greys to be more active.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join