It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old lurker upset with how discourse has devolved over the last 2 years.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathShield

It's just some light reading and typing. If people would stop treating it as more than what it is, they might get more enjoyment out of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Oh, there have been. Oh, my goodness...the stories I could tell.

Trust me on that. Usually though, the most militant soon find other pastures to play in.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Konduit
To be honest ATS has always been a bit of a cesspit. If it's not the elections, it's militant atheism or people trolling Mars rock threads saying users suffer from Pareidolia.

So, pick your poison.

A cesspit? Go to GLP and you will find a cesspit. That avatar really sux, too.

That's quite a deplorable statement, but coming from you I'll take it as a compliment.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: reldra

If it did lean it's right.

The site is a conspiracy site.

That is a little dissonance.

Regardless, the lean is not right.

Honestly, this place has always been about 50/50 or 60/40 on any given day, at one point there was a larger bias towards general libertarianism, though the advent of BHO and this election pushed newer and older users into left/right positions, and subsequently, everyone got louder. The religious forums in particular became inundated with Atheist trolls around the time The God Delusion came out, and of course after 9/11, and again in the 2008 elections when Huckabee was making rounds. Things mellowed out until sometime last year when LGBT narratives and issues were driven hard by online media and MSM. Things are swinging more left now it seems, and righties are getting louder in response.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join