It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've seen an amazing UFO 3 nights in a row.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
We have it on camera but it's useless. It looks like a star and it seems like we're just moving the camera.

In the south-eastern skys every night multiple times per night a bright light appears, as bright as venus at it's brightest, but an orange color.

Suddenly it appears out of no where, it darts quickly to the right, stops on a dime and reverses direction, then it'll drop altitude rapidly, stop on a dime and go straight up.

After 30-seconds to 2 minutes of intense aerial maneuvering it suddenly vanishes.

I need a UFO researcher with a high quality camera on a tripod, I've emailed my local chapter of MUFON. I'll see what they have to say.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

after the 2nd night you still didn't get or barrow a decent camera and take pictures.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Tonight is the 3rd night, I just saw it again 20 minutes ago.

No one I know has a camera anymore, everyone uses their cell phone. If the cell phone could pick up the mountain in the background you could use it as reference to see the movement of this thing and know for a fact I'm not moving the camera.

I'd assume it would take an expensive camera to see a mountain at night, I can see the mountain clearly with the naked eye at night, but it won't show up in pictures or camera.

The only thing I can think of is to email a field investigator, which I did. I'm sure he'd have more expertise on what I need and I'd be willing to bet we'll see it again tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth sounds like a drone. Mine light up different colors

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
May I inquire as to where in the world you are?
edit on 30-9-2016 by HoJu69 because: Mistakenly posted before typing reply

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

It just seems to far away and to high, there is nothing by me put fields it's very rural.

Could be a drone, but it seems like its 30,000 ft in altitude at least, if I'm right on the altitude estimate then it can't possible be a drone.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

That's the problem with the camera phone revolution... everyone has a low quality video camera in there pocket, so barely anyone bothers buying a good quality video camera anymore.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

but it seems like its 30,000 ft in altitude at least

What makes it seem that high?
There is really no way to judge the distance or altitude of a light in the sky without a point of reference.

edit on 9/30/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Edit: Phage beat me to it.
edit on 9/30/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hopefully it's not earthquake lights like I saw before the Kumamoto quakes. That was an orange light, but it moved slowly.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

but it seems like its 30,000 ft in altitude at least

What makes it seem that high?
There is really no way to judge the distance or altitude of a light in the sky without a point of reference.

You're right, there is no point of reference, it's just a wild guess.

I just downloaded some "night vision" crap apps, they might actually work though in testing a free version the mountain showed up in the background.

I'm going to buy the paid version that lets me record video and go back out there to sit and wait.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You dont have a local college, community college or other near you? They have photography classes...and those students have cameras. You didnt think of that? Cmon man!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

iPhone cameras suck but Samsung phones cameras are great. Someone must have one.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

iPhone cameras suck but Samsung phones cameras are great. Someone must have one.

my wife has the new edge 7, i have the iphone 6 plus camera which i thought was great.

anyway, I just bought the night vision app, it's grainy but it works. I just sat outside for 15-20 minutes and no luck yet but I'll be in and out all night.

I will get footage of this thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Samsung cameras suck too. No phone camera is going to get anything of quality at night most of the time anyway. Even fiddling around with the varied settings makes no difference, either with pictures or video. I'm actually surprised that OP was able to get something as small as a distant star on video at night.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

We see something...a lot of somethings, actually...like what you're describing at least two or three times every night. Can't figure out what they are, but they move sideways, up, down, really fast and look exactly like stars, except of course for the fact that stars don't move.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
As was already asked, location?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It appears he/she is in Jacksonville Florida, according to the Avatar.a reply to: jaynkeel

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Any astronomy clubs close ? I'd think you have a large population there in Jacksonville, perhaps an astronomy club member or a couple might find enough interest to come on over. They often times have some pretty elaborate telescopes with tracking and cameras, plus the incredible magnification. The might even spot the UFO and its label ....lol.....'Made in China'

Seriously, it might be worth looking for a club local to you.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Mostly posting so I have a quick way to get back to the thread but could it possibly be a light on the mountain side?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join