It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So a couple days ago I posted one of the first stories I ever wrote. Here's another one, again from about a year ago. It's choppy, but I did that for a reason. It gives a sense of panic, or at least I think so. Enjoy!

Running
I’m always running. Running from something. I never really know what or why, but the need to not stay in one place is always there. I need to take a stand, to see if there really is a reason. To see if I’m crazy, or my subconscious is saving me. I wish I could remember.

I’ve been here in Des Moines for a week now, the longest I’ve ever been in one place. It’s hard for me. I’m starting to become paranoid. Well, more paranoid. I heard a kid yell and I hid in an alley for 7 hours. I thought something was coming for me. I hope nothing is. I need to run again, but I cannot let myself. I must take a stand.

I’ve been here two weeks now. Things have started happening. People have been staring at me. Dogs bark as I pass. None of this happened a week ago. I wish I knew what was happening. Children cry when I approach. Something must be happening.

It’s been two months now. I only come out at night. Last time I was out in the daytime I spent thirty hours in jail. People were afraid. They released me at night in fear of having to see me again. I live in an abandoned house on the west side of town. When I moved in, everyone else moved out. I don’t know why. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

Three weeks later and people have begun leaving the city. I know it’s because they do not feel safe. I know it’s because of me. I do not know why.

It was a year when they first came back to Des Moines. Except, they were not residents. They were military, or scientists. Either way, they were coming for me. I don’t know why, but I cannot show myself. I know they will get me. I cannot run now. If I move wrong, if I breathe wrong, if I think wrong they will find me. I know they will find me. They’re searching for me in my mind. All I can do is sleep to keep my thinking down. They’ve searched my house three times now, each time getting closer and closer. I need to run once more.

Six months later now. I have a plan. If I can make it to the woods I will live. I know why they are coming for me. I can remember now. I can control my thoughts, but if I move I know I will they will catch me. I’m an experiment. No. I was an experiment. I was, but am not any more. They’re afraid of me though. I can feel their fear. So there must be a way I can hurt them. When I know what that is I can go for the woods. When I know that I can run once more.

Two more months. I’ve stayed in this space unmoving for nearly two years. I hope I can run. I hope I can move. I know why the dogs would bark, I know why the children would cry, I know why people began to fear me, and most of all I know how to hurt them. I’ll wait for them to search my house once more before I run.

Another month and the time comes. They must be aware of me. They come in full force, all 37 of them. Armored and with weapons. Weapons mankind has never seen before. Then again, I now know I am not of mankind. I attack. I feel out into their minds. I paralyze them. I freeze their legs, their arms, all but their vital body functions. One man attempts to resist. He cannot, no one can resist me. I let them know to stop searching for me. I let them know I know who they are, where they live, and everything about them. If I feel them coming for me I will destroy everyone and everything they know. I will ruin them. They fear.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Good story... It gave me chills for osme reason...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Great story!
I like the way that the story started out with him fearing them, and in the end, they feared him. Again, good job.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thanks folks. Any suggestions to make my writings better?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hmm...if anything, I'd say to make them longer! Because, I honestly can say that I enjoyed every minute of reading that story.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Very neat cmd

I liked every minute of it

new topics

top topics

join