It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge for Trump Supporters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

American corporations would undoubtedly profit from the cheap labor and lowered taxes/tariffs/fees while marking them up "per market spec" to Americans.

Americans would watch more manufacturing jobs leave. More so, our budding pharmaceutical industry would take a hit as well.

If I had to guess, I would say NZ would start to lose it's middle class as has the US while the job market gets screwy.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: xpert11

American corporations would undoubtedly profit from the cheap labor and lowered taxes/tariffs/fees while marking them up "per market spec" to Americans.

To be honest in terms of the lowering of tariffs is pretty much a token effort in the deal.

Americans would watch more manufacturing jobs leave. More so, our budding pharmaceutical industry would take a hit as well.

The manufacturing horse bolted from the New Zealand a long time ago. The same kind of concerns exist around the US pharmaceutical industry hijacking Pharmac via changes to our patent laws. There is no good reason for any legit Free Trade Deal to effect patent laws.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

my wife was raped by an illegal immigrant that was deported 3 times.

the "build the wall" policy is why i am voting for him. along with his stance on illegal immigrants.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
nm
edit on 1-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Teikiatsu
You aren't one already?

Negatory

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: BubbaJoe

He wants to cut taxes across the board. Do you have tax liability? Then you will be paying less.

Why do you hate people who have more than you so much that you want a cut for yourself but can't stand the thought that they might get a cut too?

It's not hate. It's recognition of wealth inequality. The government needs a baseline level of income to function. Currently we're bringing in $3 trillion per year and we're spending close to $4 trillion. In order to actually cover the things we need to cover we need to be spending $5 trillion. That's $2 trillion more in tax revenue that needs to appear. The bottom 50% of the country own .1% of the wealth, they simply don't have the assets to tax. The top 10% own 90% of the wealth. That's where you need to tax.

If incomes were more evenly distributed such that the middle and upper middle class had more money, you could actually tax them too (and lower taxes on the wealthy), but that's not how income demographics line up in the US anymore.

Lastly, Trump will not cut taxes. He probably won't raise them either due to the never raise taxes pledges the Republicans took, but he has proposed over the next 10 years 27 trillion in additional spending, and only identified about 2 trillion in cuts. That works out to $2.5 trillion per year in extra spending he wants to implement. You can't do that without increasing revenues.
edit on 2-10-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

That comes from his current tax plan. Trumps released 3 or 4 of them so far this campaign. Each one has moved more and more in line with the mainstream Republican plans (at this point, I think Pence is writing them).

Now whether he'll implement that, or if he'll go back to his historical ideas is anyones guess.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
Here are several, and yes I know that not all of this will happen

Cost cutting for medical care. This is the largest cost to the federal government by far, and it is caused because the medical industry has the illegal ability to price fix.

Education choice encouraging competition, no common core

Renegotiation of trade deals, and getting other countries to pay for our military's protection

Lower taxes for citizens, tariffs for imports.

A possible simplification of the tax code

Support for the second amendment

Enforcement of our immigration law

I would suggest you look closer at the issues and not just go by sound bytes if those are the issues important to you.

Medical care is legitimate, but it's not the health care providers that are price fixing, it's insurance. The problem is that insurance as a model only works when you use it to cover catastrophic coverage with the understanding that you're paying more in the long run on average. Insurance doesn't work as a cost reducing mechanism, it's sole purpose is to increase costs, but spread that cost around. In the case of medical issues though, everyone has them, which means everyone gets expensive bills if they live long enough. So insurance simply increases the costs on everyone. Health insurance for all is an unsustainable concept, but it's what people asked the government for and what they got. What people really wanted was single payer... I'm pretty sure we'll be there within 10 years no matter who is in office.

When it comes to education, common core is a state level initiative, the feds have no say over it.

Negotiating trade deals... it's probably unwise to start renting out our military. Turning the US army into soldiers of fortune just incentivizes the government to stir up trouble for the sake of profit.

Immigration law is being enforced. The border patrol is staffed by record numbers right now, and deportations are at an all time high.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I would suggest you look closer at the issues and not just go by sound bytes if those are the issues important to you.

Medical care is legitimate, but it's not the health care providers that are price fixing, it's insurance. The problem is that insurance as a model only works when you use it to cover catastrophic coverage with the understanding that you're paying more in the long run on average. Insurance doesn't work as a cost reducing mechanism, it's sole purpose is to increase costs, but spread that cost around. In the case of medical issues though, everyone has them, which means everyone gets expensive bills if they live long enough. So insurance simply increases the costs on everyone. Health insurance for all is an unsustainable concept, but it's what people asked the government for and what they got. What people really wanted was single payer... I'm pretty sure we'll be there within 10 years no matter who is in office.

Wrong, insurance is not the problem. The problem is medical providers don't have to provide a price for services before you get them, only after. This does not allow the consumer to shop around and drive prices lower through competition. 2nd the government is not allowing the import of drugs, so the US pays like 3-4 times as much for drugs. Then the gov pays outrageous prices for drugs through Medicare.

Negotiating trade deals... it's probably unwise to start renting out our military. Turning the US army into soldiers of fortune just incentivizes the government to stir up trouble for the sake of profit.

I just don't agree, why is it the responsibility of the us taxpayer to pay for other countries defense? We can't afford it nor is it our responsibility to.

Immigration law is being enforced. The border patrol is staffed by record numbers right now, and deportations are at an all time high.

Give me a break. If it is being enforced so well why are ice and the border agents endorsing trump.

edit on 2-10-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
All the above and energy independence.

And I wouldn't mind a few countries tip toeing around him.

I'm sure he wouldn't have lifted sanctions on the Iranian banks the same nite they got $1.7 bil and then start screwing with our Navy and lived to tell about it.

Secure the borders and extreme vett people from troubled areas.

Kick out anyone not supposed to be there.

Get rid of dead wood and red tape, cut spending, check the FED and the FDA.

Sanctuary city defunding. PP defunding.

That's enough for 1st 100 days.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join