It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Alabama chief justice ousted over gay marriage defiance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So politics & religion, thought the Pit might be good place to crow.
www.reuters.com...

I just want to say,,,

YAY! We're Winning!
My first thought upon reading this very good news.

So after every thing else today is a good day.

K~

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I remember that guy. I guess he pushed it a bit too far finally.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

This was a politically motivated effort by radical homosexual and transgender groups to remove me as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court because of outspoken opposition to their immoral agenda," he said in a statement on social media.

Gosh wanting equal rights is so radical and immoral!

If he doesn't want to do it then he doesn't have to, why does he need to force his beliefs on others?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I remember that guy. I guess he pushed it a bit too far finally.

Yes he was sanctioned for the ten commandments display that he had installed at the court house, so gladly it only took one more straw.

Good riddance.
K~

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I know right, the nerve of those gay types wanting equal rights & all don't they know that big daddy gawd don't like them.

why does he need to force his beliefs on others?

Well isn't that the raison d'être of the religulous.

K~
edit on 30-9-2016 by aethertek because: wrds

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

He should be a preacher not a judge. I guess he'll have time to look into that now.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Whatever he does, so long as he's no longer in a position of authority or power over others is a blessing.

K~

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Is he on Trumps list for supreme court nominees?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

What right are they being denied?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

Is he on Trumps list for supreme court nominees?

If the idiots of America manage to get that buffoon elected the Supreme Court will be the least of our worries.

K~

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So long.

Farewell.

Ta ta.

Au revoir.

Bon voyage.

Adios.

Arrivederci.

Sayonara.

Ciao.

Farvel.

Aloha.

Alvida.

Buh bye.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

This was a politically motivated effort by radical homosexual and transgender groups to remove me as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court because of outspoken opposition to their immoral agenda," he said in a statement on social media.

If he doesn't want to do it then he doesn't have to, why does he need to force his beliefs on others?

Except LGBT do not want "equal" rights. They want special rights and it is them pushing their beliefs. Not the other way around. If you don't believe me, tell me why my son, at age 7 kept asking me if he should like boys or girls? Was he "born that way"???? Or did LGBT push their beliefs so hard, children cannot hide from it??

Oh and BTW, I am not allowed to answer my sons questions any other way than "both" without being labled by LGBT.

Who is pushing whos agenda on who? And who is being persecuted for their beliefs?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

They want special rights

That's a lie, you're bearing false witness, a deadly sin if I remember religulous nonsense correctly.

K~

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

They want special rights

That's a lie, you're bearing false witness, a deadly sin if I remember religulous nonsense correctly.

K~

See! I dont buy into LGBT... I must be religious?

WTF is wrong with you?

I guess I better learn to read the bible. LGBT has demanded it...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

What special rights do they want?

And your story about what your kid says doesn't change anything and you can answer him how ever you like. Stop faking persecution, it gets really old.
But if you really think you are the first parent to be asked that or if that is anything you then you are just being willfully ignorant.

They want special rights and it is them pushing their beliefs.

Who are they saying shouldn't be allowed to get married?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

LOL Ok, what about that lie though.

What "special rights" do you claim they seek?

K~

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
If you don't believe me, tell me why my son, at age 7 kept asking me if he should like boys or girls? Was he "born that way"???? Or did LGBT push their beliefs so hard, children cannot hide from it??

You're 7, go play with your Legos

There, I just solved your parental dilemma.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

What special rights do they want?

From what undetstand they want laws that are special to LGBT. It is already illegal in western countries to discriminate against race, religion, sexual orientation and gender etc. I remember an interview posted here where some activist for LGBT told the interviewer that he "does not know what is like to be gay!!" Because they would not accept the gays were specially targeted by terrorists.

They want their own parades to express how proud they are to be something that others are not. I would express the same distaste to any race or nationality that wanted the same.

Rainbows on the crosswalks?

They want children to be raised with their beliefs in gay households. I guess we are training children to be gay now?...

And your story about what your kid says doesn't change anything and you can answer him how ever you like.

I cannot send my child to school with the belief that boys should be with girls. No. Not without persecution from school staff, and his teacher would have to argue it due to PC watchdogs which would make the child even more confused. That is a terrible idea. Please leave parenting to adults. Thank you.

Stop faking persecution, it gets really old.

Did you really just say that? I have never met a single person - and I am in construction - that would harm or bully a person for being gay. I - on the other hand - better keep my mouth shut. The 80's are blury but even the 90's it was not considered cool to pick on someone for being gay. Dont get me wrong. Some of us were blown away (that wad NOT a pun) when some guys came out with it, and it was awkward at first but I dont remember any hate. Those that hate, hate anything they can that is closest to them.

But if you really think you are the first parent to be asked that or if that is anything you then you are just being willfully ignorant.

Thats what you think. I think that diving into a situatuation based on hype instead facts, is willfull ignorance.

If you believe that we need a shock-population-decrease for sustainablility - and that could be true - then we are definitely on the right path. Adopting is based on the idea of children living in deplorable conditions, so they need adoption. That is not a plan for sustainability.

The future could ride on the gay female couples pumping out the children of men who ejaculate into little white cups. Imagine that...

Who are they saying shouldn't be allowed to get married?

I think you are asking "who out there, believe that gays should marry?"

If that was the question then I suppose it would be some haters, some ignorant conservatives, some old fashioned seniors and some people that saying "slow down and think about this".

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You didn't mention any special rights....
What special laws? Stop with the generic statement and anecdotal 'stories'.

They want their own parades to express how proud they are to be something that others are not. I would express the same distaste to any race or nationality that wanted the same.

Rainbows on the crosswalks?

Oh boy parades and rainbow crosswalks is what you actually presented? Every one can have parades and they do. I don't like white pride parades but I don't see that as them wanting special rights.
And me asking you to stop feigning persecution had nothing to do with bullying, just to stop acting like you are being persecuted in anyway with people asking to be treated like the rest of us.

. I think that diving into a situatuation based on hype instead facts, is willfull ignorance.

Practice what you preach, you have presented no facts and just want to talk about this BS that you can't send you kid to school saying he likes girls.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Well isn't that the raison d'être of the religulous.

To some yes, to most, not so much. Kinda the flip side of the "good" judges attitude...kinda.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join