It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google creating a new, unique operating system

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
I did not watch that movie, but I looked up the theme. Well, it certainly helps keeping the myth alive.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It may be thought a myth, but it's based in reality.

If we do not use our full mental capacity all at once, then we are technically only usually able to use a lesser percentage of that capacity at any one time, regardless of whether or not we utilise different areas (leading to 100% of capacity / ability) during the course of the day..we are still only able to use less than 100% at once...so not really a myth, more of a half-truth really.

I think of a car, with a full tank of fuel...we have access to 100% of the cars fuel and will utilise it all...at some point over time... Not all at once, but in small percentages until we eventually use the lot...
edit on 2 10 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Consider through if we cannot utilize a significant proportion of our brain at the same time then we cannot exploit the full potential of the thing.

We are not even sure as to what every part of our brain is actually for or where consciousness resides and how it relates to the reality we experience.

If Humans do indeed utilize 100% of our mind then we don't exactly have much room to grow. Humans don't use 100% of anything, we tend to exploit small percentages and waste the rest.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
That´s because your brain is divided into different sections, that all have different tasks assigned. You can´t just lend the part you need for "more thinking" from them because they are not wired for that. The brain can reassign tasks if it´s damaged, that´s true but other functions will suffer.

But I do agree, humans waste to much in general

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

How do we reconcile what you say, with the documented cases where individuals have been born with brain development abnormalities...such as a girl who was effectively born without a brain...she had just a very thin layer of neurons coating the inside of her skull, estimated at around 10% of normal brain volume..yet live a perfectly normal life, with no apparent deficit from the malformed brain?

And how does it jive with the fact that we really don't have just one brain...we have at least four 'thinking centres'..three in our skulls. The primal, (primitive subconscious) left hemisphere and right hemisphere with the neuronal equivalent of a superhighway linking all three 'minds'..and the fourth 'brain' being a rudimentary, but significant amount of neurons in our guts (little understood, but it's where we derive our 'gut feelings' from, amongst other more everyday tasks it handles).

Science is even beginning to think that each of our major internal organs have a collection of neurons specific to each organ that also acts as a very primitive and limited 'brain'.

edit on 2 10 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Source credibility aside, there are some Interesting points raised in this video. It's a tad long, so I suggest swiping through..

edit on 2-10-2016 by UFOxFruitcakeLOL because: Doh !

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well something to compete against Windows and Mac OS X would be nice

Linux is pretty good just don't care to use it at the moment really

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join