It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats object to Chick-fil-A voter registration drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Democrats in Pinellas County Florida are fuming because the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections has mounted a voter registration drive at Chick-fil-A restaurants.

A Democrat organization there is complaining hard.

They compare this to something like have a drive at Planned Parenthood.

Is this dirty or illegal I wonder?

Looks like registration cards are being handed out with food orders !!

Chick-fil-A is well known for their faith based policies and business practices.

Democrats object to Chick-fil-A voter registration drive

A controversy is clucking in Pinellas County over chicken sandwiches, sweet tea and voter registration cards.

The Stonewall Democrats of Pinellas County are crying foul over Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Deborah Clark's decision to hold voter registration drives at nine Chick-fil-A locations. Chick-fil-A, the fast-food chain known for putting faith ahead of profits, supports conservative causes.

Susan McGrath, leader of the Stonewall Democrats and head of the Pinellas Democratic Party, said the decision to use Chick-fil-A would be similar to a Democratic supervisor of elections holding the event at Planned Parenthood.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That's the thing. No body should ever object to any voter registration drive. More votes better elections and candidates.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
That's the thing. No body should ever object to any voter registration drive. More votes better elections and candidates.

I agree.

As long as nobody endorses or smears a Candidate.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, this sounds like sour grapes. Instead of being crabby about it and saying "no fair!" they should get creative, double their efforts and see if there are any local businesses friendly to them that might pass out voter registrations to a demographic more to their liking.

Anyway. This is one county in one state. It's not like the whole country is upset. And who's to say that those that register might not vote Hillary! lol!!!

-= AB

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: amazing

I agree.

As long as nobody endorses or smears a Candidate.

Yeah but that's a fine line. We know Chic Fila endorses Republican/conservative candidates. Everyone knows that. But still , more voters and easier voter registration is still good no matter the party responsible.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I agree, this is really crying about spilled milk.

Not surprising who is taking this and running tho, the link didn't work so googled it to see the article and it didn't surprise me who had the story running.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
In the event that the story is true...

It's a stupid ass thing to cry over so just let 'em cry.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Maybe it is because she is "supervisor of elections"....holding a registration drive at a known Republican establishment...

Maybe she could have the same enthusiasm at a locac labor union hall next weekend?

She is an American citizen and has rights, but in her titled position seems a bit biased

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I noticed that later in the article McGrath was just dandy with opening lots of satellite offices in predominantly ethnic neighborhoods, though.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They're still letting Republicans vote?

Even Christian Republicans?

Even White Christian Republicans?

What the hell is wrong with this country?

Isn't it bad enough that we sill let them raise their own kids?

Do you have any idea how many people we have to bus from Chicago to Milwaukee to exercise their right to vote twice in order to counter this madness?

I guess we still have to let a few vote, a token of sorts to maintain respectability.

Felt good to get all that sarcasm and snarkiness out

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Remember that time Democrats used taxpayer funded transportation to bring their voters to the polls? Or the time last week in Virginia when Democrats were caught registering dead people for absentee ballots? They have no shame it seems, so I'd expect nothing less than for them to be upset about this. I hope Hobby Lobby has a registration drive too.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well, unless they are giving out flyersthat say vote for trump/clinton/johnson/stein, I really don't see the importance or relevance.

Pete for Prez!

new topics

top topics

join