It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of unarmed man fatally shot in El Cajon says her son was not mentally ill as reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The mother of Alfred Olango, an unarmed man who was fatally shot by police in El Cajon, spoke out Thursday, saying her son was not mentally ill but grieving for a dead friend.

www.yahoo.com...

That is all that is at the link. Either way his shooting stance was a perceived deadly threat, but now we know he meant to do this with clear conscience. I wonder if the rioters will stop? /sarcasm

edit on 30-9-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Lots of trouble there...

Protests continue in El Cajon after deadly officer-involved shooting

Protests of the fatal police shooting of a Ugandan emigre at an El Cajon strip mall turned violent Thursday night, prompting the arrests of two men and the use of pepper balls by officers to disperse the crowd of about 50 to 75.

The third night of demonstrations over the death of 38-year-old Alfred Olango, which protesters maintain was unwarranted and racially motivated, started heating up around 8 p.m. in the area of North Mollison Avenue and Broadway where police said the crowd occupied the intersection.

The protesters stopped vehicles, broke car windows and knocked a motorcyclist off his motorcycle, according to Lt. Rob Ransweiler of the El Cajon Police Department.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
moral of the story, if you or a loved one are in mental distress, do not called the cops.
if the cops had not showed up, the man would have been alive. what a sentence.

but i wonder if i point my laptop a water bottle or a paper airplane or a tree branch at a cop and hold it like a gun, if he/she will say its enough to kill me... i think so.

but those mentalist protesters rioters should just save their energy.

stay tuned to next week, when another LEO feels threatened.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
moral of the story, if you or a loved one are in mental distress, do not called the cops.

but i wonder if i point my laptop a water bottle or a paper airplane or a tree branch at a cop and hold it like a gun, if he/she will say its enough to kill me... i think so.

but those mentalist protesters rioters should just save their energy.

stay tuned to next week, when another LEO feels threatened.

Moral of the story - don't reach into your pocket and pull something out, move in to a shooting stance, and point something at law enforcement. They're probably not going to wait for you to shoot first, or break out in a fit of giggles and be all "lulz jk guys.'

Fixed that for you.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Sounds like the moral of the story is - never take aim at the police with anything unless you want to be shot.

Can't see why people are protesting and rioting for this one, the picture couldn't be much clearer.

edit on 9/30/2016 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

Can't see why people are protesting and rioting for this one, the picture couldn't be much clearer.

Soros has paid his money and expects results, also a good riot has the chance of looting and a free TV and liquor are always a welcomed taking..

RA

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Lots of trouble there...

Protests continue in El Cajon after deadly officer-involved shooting

Protests of the fatal police shooting of a Ugandan emigre at an El Cajon strip mall turned violent Thursday night, prompting the arrests of two men and the use of pepper balls by officers to disperse the crowd of about 50 to 75.

The third night of demonstrations over the death of 38-year-old Alfred Olango, which protesters maintain was unwarranted and racially motivated, started heating up around 8 p.m. in the area of North Mollison Avenue and Broadway where police said the crowd occupied the intersection.

The protesters stopped vehicles, broke car windows and knocked a motorcyclist off his motorcycle, according to Lt. Rob Ransweiler of the El Cajon Police Department.

Yes there is. I think it is still going on as far as I know.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

Sounds like the moral of the story is - never take aim at the police with anything unless you want to be shot.

Wow, that's like wearing a red MAGA hat to a BLM rally!.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There is something else for the cops and anyone in general to think about in a situation like this. A hand gun does not always need to be a metal Glock or insert name, I am sure you all remember a few years back when the 3d printed gun was brought to the attention of the media that really just looked like a toy, the single shot hand gun not the AR15 lower..

Not making excuses but it is another angle that I am sure law enforcemt and security have looked into and I would hope the operators have been given training. However my point is that a deadly weapon that fires a projectile can come in many forms..

RA
edit on 30-9-2016 by slider1982 because: SP

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Anything can be made to look like a gun. More importantly, a gun can be made to look like anything or even from anything.

Put yourself in a cop's shoes with THAT information and tell me honestly if you would pull the trigger.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
In a round about way the morons that make up BLM movement have actually increased the chances of a "sigh" black person being shot..

They have made it social acceptable to show the police zero respect and we now have numerous people declaring open season on Police officers, Marches that have large crowds shouting "oink oink bang bang".. So what happens mentally to a officer when he is confronted with person that is showing a unhinged temperament and being aggressive possibly with a weapon??.

The officer will no doubt subconsciously be thinking about the threats and hence he/she is more likely to want to end the situation quickly.

Not saying they are right, but it has to be looked at.

It is also very sad that BLM have made a situation out of something that for many people was a total non issue, we had generations of people from all races that grew up with each other getting on only for this group to come along and try to force a wedge between everyone.. Dare I say it is almost like they need these so called issues as a excuse for failings???...

RA
edit on 1-10-2016 by slider1982 because: SP

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Could not have said it better friend.

top topics

join