It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth be told... I think I believe in a higher power.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Firstly, lets be clear, I'm a hardcore evolutionist... bitches better recognize that, lol.

But... when all's said and done, truth is, there's never been a time in my life where I've peered up at those stars and actually believed there wasn't something more to this existence that we inhabit.

I mean, everyone of us have been born to this earth, without any higher knowledge of anything. The only knowledge of anything any of us have, is simply what was taught to us, by people that were usually born to this existence before us.

The only thing about this life anyone knows for a fact, is that we will all eventually die. And it'll almost always be a very scary, painful and degrading experience... Doesn't matter how much money or power you obtain within this existence, everyone one of us has to deal with that same brutal & inevitable fate.

Yeah ok, the Abrahamic religions are probably at best just a bunch of BS and half truths, which is used by the elitists to control the 'have not' masses... but come on! who here can actually claim as a fact with a straight face that they don't believe there isn't something far deeper going on, when it comes to why we even exist in the first place?

There's obviously something far deeper than everyday life going on here, imo, that's all I'm sayin.

I've never been able to put my finger on exactly what it is... but it's definitely something!

Who here can with all honestly deny it? Like seriously!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I was asleep for 14 billion years only to awaken in a machine that lives for less than a century.

I reject all human notions of God.

But I do not reject the idea of God.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The only thing about this life anyone knows for a fact, is that we will all eventually die. And it'll almost always be a very scary, painful and degrading experience...

As painful and degrading as being born. After nine months in the womb we enjoy a lifetime, some say another gestation in this womb before being born again when we pass over...

...don't worry, there are midwives in attendance over there to make sure you come out alright. Everyone does it. You'll be fine as you were the first time you were born.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
How did the very absolute first thing happen to exist? If there is a god how did God come to be? It is to bad we have to kill each other over the unknown.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I reject all religions as they stand on earth today.
The idea of what we call a God in a religious context has to be the smallest schoolyard bully ever imagined, the simple idea that the universe is run on such an absurd notion is simply insulting.

Magic is not real.

I have had a few very personal and in your face paranormal experiences that suggest quite loudly that life is not all there is. I dont have a understanding of how a afterlife is possible, at all, but it seems over and over again in life my understanding is slammed in the face with something that...appears like magic (but isn't..magic isn't a thing. there is something else and it will one day no doubt be understood..even if science has to eventually change).

Is there more to life than just the meat body container?...logic says no, but experience is laughing at my logic...so, will simply say, I dont know (but I suspect there may be more)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The only thing about this life anyone knows for a fact, is that we will all eventually die. And it'll almost always be a very scary, painful and degrading experience...

...don't worry, there are midwives in attendance over there to make sure you come out alright. Everyone does it. You'll be fine as you were the first time you were born.

Hmm, I think I've been there, back in the day, while messing with mind alternating substances.

It was just like living a earthly existence, until this feminine entity approached me and asked if I "enjoyed my time there". I then realized I had taken our existence far to seriously... then a more dominate feminine entity told her not to talk to me... She said I'd gone to far and was going back, since I didn't belong there yet.

That's when I realized existence wouldn't be as brutal as I thought it was.... once 'they' allowed me the ability of hindsight.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think if more people, religious especially, would read and dissect man's history, his view of "God" from the beginning we would all come to the same conclusion and live in peace .

We are not alone... many dimensions and many lifetimes....

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Sounds like you died and lived to tell about it. Thanks for telling about it.

I was messing with physics one night in a muscle car and there was this horrific crash, while the car was still tumbling I saw someone pass over and enter that place, there were 'people' over / up there, making sure it all went according to some plan I was just a pawn in. I was allowed the briefest glimpse...
edit on 30-9-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join