It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking Homosexuality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mouthfullofkefirgrains

Neighbour, I'm a polytheistic follower of the pre-Christian Irish spiritual path. I know what Shamanism is, do you mean Tungusic spiritual practices, or do you mean the modern white plastic "shamaism"?

So yeah I understand what the spiritual is thanks.

Next.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

you are thinking strictly from a "do animals hump each other" point of view, imo…

for example, have you ever seen a male dog actually have sodomy or other gay sexual acts aside from appearing just simply a bit confused and hypersexual?

even with monkeys, its not like the apes are really very sophisticated in terms of how "gay" they are… from what I remember of documentaries on it, they were engaging in homosexual activity due to not being the top ape in the group or again, due to confusion and/hypersexuality…

as opposed to many gay men, who will tell you they are not attracted to female anatomy...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Again you appear to be thinking too highly of the Human condition neighbour, and I would point out that you really are not in a place to be unbiased.

Again, there is clear evidence of homosexuality in nature, beyond Humanity. You are now quibbling to shift the goal posts. That is a sign of a weak argument.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I mean that those who really have power and money and bling are "spirit worshippers" for a reason…

and these people do a lot to maintain contact and connection to this realm in order to stay wealthy and powerful…

the biggest shamans on the planet are in the vatican, imo… and I don't mean that in a positive light… other than this appears to be how God controls the actual course of history…via the consequences of our free will choices… which the very wealthy and powerful tend to use to game the system, so to speak...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

the basics about homosexuality appear to be suppressed by those who like being gay…

Yes, obviously there is a world-wide gay conspiracy to suppress the truth... it's nothing to do with the proven fact that 'gay conversion therapies' are cruel and pointless snake-oil sold to vulnerable adults and the homophobic parents of confused children. Absolutely nothing, do you hear?

I think the giveaway in your post is the link to a video made by NARTH (National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality), who are a bunch of obsessive oddballs.

Here's Dr Gerard van den Aardweg, one of the members of Narth's advisory panel, giving his views:

He also claimed the gay community in Amsterdam had tried to build an association with Jewish persecution, even though homosexuals were not persecuted in Holland during the war. He also claimed the Nazi party was “rooted” in homosexuals.

He said wealthy organisations were interested in imposing homosexuality on the world and included the abortion movement, feminism, and freemasonry international.

Source: www.irishtimes.com...

Alarm bells should be ringing by now.

The following passages occur in a very revealing account of what it's like to go through 'ex gay' conversion processes.

A member of NARTH’s scientific advisory board ignited controversy by suggesting that blacks were better off having been enslaved, which allowed them to escape the “savage” continent of Africa. Shortly thereafter, the board of NARTH removed Nicolosi, who was still president. In 2010 it was revealed that NARTH’s executive secretary, Abba Goldberg, was a con man who had served 18 months in prison.

Therapists associated with NARTH and [evangelical 'cay cure' outfit] Exodus were accused of sexually assaulting clients or engaging in questionable therapy practices. Among them were Alan Downing, the lead therapist of JONAH (Jews Offering New Alternatives to Homosexuality), who made his patients strip and touch themselves in front of a mirror; NARTH member Christopher Austin, who was convicted of “unlawfully, intentionally and knowingly caus[ing] penetration of” a client; and Exodus-affiliated Mike Jones, who asked a patient to take off his shirt and do push-ups for him.

The movement also suffered several high-profile defections. John Evans, who had founded the first ex-gay ministry outside of San Francisco, renounced change therapy when a friend committed suicide after failing to become heterosexual. Former ex-gay Peterson Toscano, who was involved in the movement for 17 years, founded Beyond Ex-Gay, an online community for “ex-gay survivors.” In 2007, Exodus co-founder Michael Bussee apologized for his role in starting the organization.

Source: prospect.org...

The main thing about 'gay conversion' therapy is that it has been proven to have a failure rate of 88 per cent. Of the other 12 per cent, nine per cent lost their libidos completely (i.e., became sexually dysfunctional). Three per cent reported converting to heterosexuality - and since there is such a thing as bisexuality, they probably weren't gay to begin with.

The long and the short of it is that it's a load of old rubbish that doesn't work, peddled by cranks, sexual offenders, and con-men.
edit on 2-10-2016 by audubon because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You are using the term Shaman in the wrong manner neighbour, so I can only assume you are using it in the white plastic manner, rather than the spiritually appropriate way. An actual shaman is not going to be thinking about "God", a new ager is.

Also do you have an issue with capitalization at the beginning of sentences?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I don't think so… when someone steals your donkey in S. America, you can go to your local shaman and he can tell you who stole it and where it is now…

it is very basic stuff…

that same shaman can cause other serious harm as well, and shamans in S. America kill each other all the time still…

animals are not in the game, when it comes to who chooses how things are played…

if they had true intellectual reasoning ability and a real ability to contact the supernatural realm and use the knowledge there, things would be very different for us…

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You clearly are indeed out of the realm of objectivity here neighbour. Do you think the only people with "power" are Shamans? You are also being humanocentric with your views. Fine, be it noted that you are biased. From what I can tell, you don't actually know what Shamanism is or does. You just apply it to any native faith.

Again, what does homosexuality have to do with spirituality? You have not illustrated this. I've no skin in that game, but I do with occult/mystical practices.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

i am using the term shaman in its truer sense, imo…

anyone who accesses the supernatural for knowledge, power, an edge over others, etc… is a shaman…

you appear to be one who seems to think there is some inherent advantage or moral superiority to non-white shamanism… my research into S. American shamans and history generally, does not align with that outlook…

I am personally Christ-centered, for many reasons, one of them being that pagan traditions typically seek to manipulate the supernatural for gain… where-as judeo-christian traditions sep to purify and transform the heart… to admit wrong-doing and to sacrifice an animal for that, in order to atone and to show a change of heart or recognition of wrong…
a pagan would sacrifice an animal to gain access to supernatural forces… to show thankfulness to them for good hunting, etc…

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I assure you I know a lot about shamanism…

but you are right, in a sense, that my research and experience has led me to a different truth than yours…

this was a very interesting doc on a shamanic tradition in S. America:

I'll Never Go Back - Shaman Testimony
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I assure you I know a lot too, enough to know that Tungusic peoples are the only people it should be applied too. It does honour to the culture you are borrowing from, to use the correct term. It is cultural appropriation otherwise.

I've got bad news for you, when you are talking no spiritual matters (homosexuality is not a spiritual matter), the "your truth" dodge, is indeed a dodge.

You have yet to illustrate your points against homosexuality, yet you clearly have an axe to grind, as seen by several other threads you jumped in to

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

indeed, what does homosexuality have to do with spirituality?? good question….

because, imo, there is always a spiritual component to the human condition…

why is homosexuality so prevalent among powerful elites, for example? why is it being promoted so much right now?

why is it so prevalent among celebrities? has always been so… even among most of the hip hop artists people listen to… it is part of what they have to go through to make it… why might that be?

good question indeed….

where do you see society going in the coming years?

my guess is, homosexual stocks will rise…

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

So you don't understand why the idea of balance, and equality is being pushed so hard at the moment? Perhaps you think that melanin levels have a spiritual elvel as well?

While many aspects of life are spiritual, not all of them are, and I don't believe sexuality is one of those. There is a good indication that sexuality has at least epigenetic. Sorry you can wave your hands around all you like, but its not a spiritual thing. Epigenetics is a physical one.

Again, no one has shown a connection, my ancestors certainly did not give a damn about who people slept with.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
Again, there is clear evidence of homosexuality in nature, beyond Humanity. You are now quibbling to shift the goal posts. That is a sign of a weak argument.

There have been observed behaviors that approximate what humans interpret as willing homosexual behavior, but in reality are survival strategies for increasing the animal's odds of passing their DNA on to the next generation, or they are some type of dominance display. One has to look deeper than the superficial appearance to discover the strategy.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

indeed, I do have an axe to grind… having hired and worked with and for many gays in the fashion/advertising world…having known the culture personally and having had many friends who are gay…

I find it sad and tragic that the agenda seems so one-sided…

the media talks about "gender fluidity" but the only way they want it to flow is towards being gay…

meaning a lot of people will unnecessarily carry on with self-destructive lifestyles and never have a family (many of them), never find love for the opposite sex, always live a life that is more dangerous statistically and less rewarding/long-lived…

never know that they can turn to psychological means or spiritual means (as witnessed by the many testimonies online of gays turning to Christ to find love for the opposite sex) if they CHOOSE to want something else…

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

No you are using shaman in a lazy sense. I have made no statement of whether I feel any particular ethinic group is better than another. I don't I do believe in showing living cultures respect. Growing up around the Maori culture, taught me this.

I think you mistake the term white plastic, for talking about skin colour, as opposed to plastic (fake) and manufactured.

I term my own path (along with others) as Págánacht. It is right for me. I don't steal names from other cultures, living or dead.

Oh and stop right there with the "a pagan would sacrifice" rubbish. You clearly don't understand what that is.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

not from what I have found, amigo:

yt: Are People Born Gay? Genetic and Epigenetic Determinism in Homosexuality
youtu.be...
Joseph Davis provides an overview of recent studies in genetics whose findings do not support the self-reporting deterministic claims in homosexuality. Rather, they provide evidence that there is no gene that exclusively determines homosexual sexual identity. This lecture is part of the 2014 Faith and Science Conference.

but even so, I believe in miracles, I believe in free will, I believe that what we choose to believe effects our reality…even our DNA… and this is actually exactly what some biologists are saying: you can tell someone that they have cancer and they might die from it, even if the diagnosis was incorrect!

Biology of Belief - by Bruce Lipton (full documentary)
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

No one does not have to "look deeper". Homosexuality, Bisexuality, and heterosexuality are sexuality. No mater the species. It exists in the animal kingdom, thus it exists outside humanity. Therefore the supposition that it is "human specific" is invalidated. Every thing else is weasel words to try and ignore the facts.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

hey bra, we live in the 21st Century and people don't need to grow up w an indigenous tribe to access very intimate information about their religious practices… and then cross-reference them with other pagan practices from around the world and throughout history…and even visit and get to know some of them themselves…

so stop w the holier than thou "you don't understand" rubbish…

it is very clear what many of the pagan traditions are doing and it is something that is global in scope and typology.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

oh, so now we don;t need to 'look deeper" at topics… let's just keep this superficial, shall we??

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join