It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking Homosexuality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Sounds like a closet homo fighting with his own feelings.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So following this logic then people who follow religions, disabled people and left handed people are wrong too then. Because they deviate from the norms of society and if Darwin is correct should be culled out of society?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

While you're playing with dualism, consider another binary: subjective and objective.

Your argument here is entirely encapsulated within the first term and ignores the second.

Further, since your argument is dualism and binaries, perhaps all human sexualities have a logical position along the axis of "homosexual and heterosexual."

Both categories exist without being inherently harmful.

They can be seen to be relatively (or at least subjectively) polarized to each other, i.e. they are "opposites."

By your own argument then, homosexuality does indeed have a metaphysical "place."

Homosexual people "cohere" to a logical binary as much as anyone does.

QED

/shrug

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

You are cracking me up too.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
a reply to: kurthall

Enlighten ignorance then,

How are people born attracted to the same sex? What's the evolutionary purpose?

Basically, what scientific proof are you offering or are you reciting your own doctrine as fact?

A person can be born, deaf, blind. And dumb, what is the evolutionary purpose of that?

There is allot going on in the human brain, and most DRs Scientists, will tell you being gay is genetic, to some extant, and other biological factors make people gay.

I did not SUDDENLY decide, I like butch beefy men, I was always attracted to them! I tried very hard to lead a straight life, but thank God I gave up when I was 20! It was the hardest thing I have ever done it was 1991 and we were in the middle of an AIDS epidemic!

Also on my dads side I am gay, and 3 first cousins too, plus my uncle!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If people like you would quit trying to tell others whats right or wrong a whole lot more marriages would work. Alot less people would go through their lives trying to figure out whom they are and why they cant be the person they are because its wrong.

Think your reckless assumptions may have helped to keep a person from experiencing a life of happiness. Instead choosing a lonely unfulfilled life.

A gay man living a heterosexual life is not natural.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Appears to me people who think this much on the subject of homosexuality needs to look in the mirror and ask why?.
Stop denying and fighting who you are.
It is 2016 no one cares anymore If you are gay or straight or anything.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I won't lie, the OP is a bit much to read (translation, tl;dr most of it). But I did notice there was quite a lot somewhere in the middle about the need to restrain the feelings of sexual attraction that you consider wrong. Hmmm...

I'll just say this: mutual love between consenting adults is ok. Everyone deserves to be loved and everyone should experience the miracle that is "unconditional love". If your heart pulls you towards another adult and they accept and return those feelings, why does anyone else's opinion matter? The same goes for interracial and interfaith (and inter-caste) relationships. And if you think it's wrong, don't do it yourself. It's pretty simple.

I don't really see what the big deal is anyway. What consenting adults do in their bedroom should be no one else's business. In fact, if 2 or more adults decided to form a huge orgy/polygamy arrangement, why should it matter to others, as long as they're not cheating on other people at the time? If you think it's wrong, don't join in.

Religious arguments against it are ridiculous to me because that's between God and them. How can I determine that someone is "bad" because of consenting sex when there are so many other sins that are far "worse" in every religion? As in, I'd consider a room full of LGBT pacifists as being far more "pure" than a roomful of heterosexual mercenaries &/or killers. And an LGBT individual who helps the poor and fights for animal & human rights is far more "pure" to me than a heterosexual who abuses his/her workers and willingly pollutes God's Creations in Nature.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The act of homosexuality is wrong in the biological sense for a heterosexually reproducing species as well as some religious doctrines, but from a purely secular/personal perspective it's nobody's business what people do in the privacy of their own homes.

Socially, discreet displays of affection in the public arena are normally acceptable but nobody wants to see two people clinging/slobbering/petting/groping each other no matter what their genders are.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: thinline
a reply to: kurthall

Enlighten ignorance then,

How are people born attracted to the same sex? What's the evolutionary purpose?

Basically, what scientific proof are you offering or are you reciting your own doctrine as fact?

A person can be born, deaf, blind. And dumb, what is the evolutionary purpose of that?

None, and if we did not have modern medical science and higher technology to alleviate some of those disabilities they would very likely not be passing their DNA on to the next generation.

There is allot going on in the human brain, and most DRs Scientists, will tell you being gay is genetic, to some extant, and other biological factors make people gay.

Meh. More likely it's crossed wires in the brain during fetal development mixed with some type of pre-puberty mental trauma.

I did not SUDDENLY decide, I like butch beefy men, I was always attracted to them! I tried very hard to lead a straight life, but thank God I gave up when I was 20! It was the hardest thing I have ever done it was 1991 and we were in the middle of an AIDS epidemic!

Also on my dads side I am gay, and 3 first cousins too, plus my uncle!

Good for you. Do you want a medal? Out of curiosity, do you want to be a parent?
edit on 30-9-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
The act of homosexuality is wrong in the biological sense for a heterosexually reproducing species as well as some religious doctrines, but from a purely secular/personal perspective it's nobody's business what people do in the privacy of their own homes.

You'd better tell that to the bonobos mentioned upthread, who are overwhelmingly bisexual and promiscuous with it.

See: knowledgenuts.com...

Besides, you're confusing two meanings of 'wrong'. The first meaning you give it is the sense of being counterproductive for the survival of a species; the second meaning you give it is the sense of being against a divine commandment (i.e., a 'sin').

Well, the first is easily dealt with. Homosexuality is observed in hundreds of animal species, including homo sapiens, and if it were that damaging to survival prospects then obviously none of those species would be here. But they are, which means...

As for the second part, the bit about religion, yes, that's true, but the same big book that says homosexuality is a sin also says that you'll go to Hell if you eat seafood, get a tattoo, or wear clothes made of mixed fibres. And I wonder how many people take those commandments seriously. Not many, I'll wager, which makes it look suspiciously as though people are choosing which bits of that book to take seriously and ignoring the rest.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
Well, the first is easily dealt with. Homosexuality is observed in hundreds of animal species, including homo sapiens, and if it were that damaging to survival prospects then obviously none of those species would be here. But they are, which means...

Which means you haven't looked very deeply into those behaviors, because the overwhelming majority of them are a breeding and survival strategy. Some smaller male fish pretend to be females so they can sneak their sperm into the larger male's stream with the ladies. Some male insects take on female characteristics after they breed with a female to confuse other males into copulating with them instead, thereby increasing their genetic contribution over others. Etc.

But humans are a different animal, pun intended. We have the consciousness and intelligence needed to understand that homosexual behavior does not contribute to successive generations.

Should humans accept and engage in regular practices of cannibalism, infanticide and gang rape? Those have been observed in hundreds of animal species as well, and if it were that damaging to survival prospects then obviously none of those species would be here.

As for the second part, the bit about religion, yes, that's true, but the same big book that says homosexuality is a sin also says that you'll go to Hell if you eat seafood, get a tattoo, or wear clothes made of mixed fibres. And I wonder how many people take those commandments seriously. Not many, I'll wager, which makes it look suspiciously as though people are choosing which bits of that book to take seriously and ignoring the rest.

Did you notice the part where I mentioned secular/personal right after that? Hmmm? Please reel in the tired knee-jerk responses.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Which means you haven't looked very deeply into those behaviors, because the overwhelming majority of them are a breeding and survival strategy. Some smaller male fish pretend to be females so they can sneak their sperm into the larger male's stream with the ladies. Some male insects take on female characteristics after they breed with a female to confuse other males into copulating with them instead, thereby increasing their genetic contribution over others. Etc.

First you said homosexuality is (and I quote) "wrong in the biological sense for a heterosexually reproducing species".

Now all of a sudden it's become a "breeding and survival strategy."

And incidentally, what you are describing is not homosexuality.

I put it to you that you quite simply don't know what you're talking about.

Should humans accept and engage in regular practices of cannibalism, infanticide and gang rape? Those have been observed in hundreds of animal species as well, and if it were that damaging to survival prospects then obviously none of those species would be here.

You think homosexuality is morally equivalent to cannibalism, infanticide, and gang rape?

Really?

Did you notice the part where I mentioned secular/personal right after that? Hmmm? Please reel in the tired knee-jerk responses.

Yes, I did, and it didn't alter the first part of what you said at all. Which is why you've not only repeated it in your next post but expanded upon it.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

First you said homosexuality is (and I quote) "wrong in the biological sense for a heterosexually reproducing species".

Now all of a sudden it's become a "breeding and survival strategy."

And incidentally, what you are describing is not homosexuality.

I put it to you that you quite simply don't know what you're talking about.

Actually I said "The act of homosexuality..."

Before you assume things about me, maybe you should read what I type.

You think homosexuality is morally equivalent to cannibalism, infanticide, and gang rape?

I think they are all behaviors that are observed in the animal kingdom. You started the path down that road, not me.

Really?

Yes, you really did.

Yes, I did, and it didn't alter the first part of what you said at all. Which is why you've not only repeated it in your next post but expanded upon it.

Go back and read again.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

Hell I was only attracted to toys and sugar till I was 11.

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

It was amazing though when suddenly boobs became super interesting, almost immediately thereafter.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Still waiting for this response.

Out of curiosity, do you want to be a parent?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Go write a philosophy book. That was like trying to read Sartre. I think you're polishing the brass on a sinking ship.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Well said
You follow Islam also? I think some Christians need a page from your book.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Gay people can have kids.
Many straight people can not. Oh and who gives a toss? we are not having any problems filling the planet gay folk are not going to doom us all because the act of homosexuality can not produce kids.
Why do you care and why do you equate homosexuality (love) with cannibalism?.
Maybe because you are a bigot?.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well stated!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join