It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 months in jail for 87yo grandma who said Auschwitz was a labor camp.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

But she didn't just question history or voice an opinion or whatever reasoning you want to give it.

Look at her history. She has done this many times and, guess what? It caused violence and riots.

I don't understand how this is flying over your head.
edit on 3092016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: verschickter

So it's illegal in Germany to say that a certain law is stupid ?

What a repressive nation you live in

Yeah. The one with free post secondary education. You guys could learn a thing or two from them.

link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yes, I have that right. I can question it. Asking a question is not the same as making a statement. Get over it.

link   
Article 19.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

www.un.org...

Must have been a crap lawyer she had

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

She isn't questioning it though. She flat out said:

From OP source:

During her defence she said that the Holocaust of six million Jews 'was the greatest and longest lived lie in history.'

That's a statement, plain and simple. No questions there, she called it a lie.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Unless it's to incite violence or riots.

I'll give you a guess what this "sweet old granny" did.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Along the lines of suppressing speech, isnt there a movement now to make it illegal to question or "deny" climate change?

link   
a reply to: verschickter

Has that always been the case in school? because I used to go out with a German girl in around 92 and she wasn't taught anything at all at school she said it was like a page torn out of history.
Did they make you feel guilty at school? I can't imagine it dude, paying for sins of fathers.
Mind you one of your lot bombed Old Trafford
Uwe Roslers Granddad we all sing

link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Well the UN's human rights commission explicitly stated that holocaust denial laws do NOT clash with the declaration of human rights. Good try though.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

But she didn't just question history or voice an opinion or whatever reasoning you want to give it.

Look at her history. She has done this many times and, guess what? It caused violence and riots.

I don't understand how this is flying over your head.

Things fly over one's head when one continually ducks. Simple, really.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Again with the supressing speech BS.

She was trying to cause a riot, AGAIN. This isn't the first time she's done it AND it's not the first time she has cause riots and violence. That's what SEDITION is.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Climate change and the Holocaust aren't even comparable, not the slightest bit. Do you have a source for that?

link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I guess if drawing a picture of a "prophet" causes violence and riots, it should then be illegal to draw that picture.

edit on 30-9-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

link   
de.wikipedia.org...

Argentinia, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, European Union in general, France, Israel, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Poland, Romania, Spain, Tschechien.

All those countries have laws against holocaus denial.
Even the USA has ruled in court against it... But there are people here who say I should educate myself. Yeah right.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That's NOT what sedition is.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

No one is saying climate change is equivalent to the most deadly war in world history.

I am, once again, talking about the suppression of speech/thoughts.

US Attorney General: We’ve ‘Discussed’ Prosecuting Climate Change Deniers.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Neither is saying that you dont believe in (or "denying") certain aspects of history.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Aucshwitz actually was a labour camp so in that respect the lady was correct...................................... Maybe thefact that anybody unsuitable for doing the labour was immediately liquadised was an important point, but Auschwitz was a labour camp.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Which wasn't what the old lady was doing. She was PURPOSELY trying to incite violence and/or a riot. Just like she has done in the past.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Yes it has been, the girl was probably sleeping half a year in history or even lying. No they did not make us feel guilty, although there was an incident I will gladly talk about. My daughter was born in the early 90s, very close to 92. She also had at least half a school year about WW2 in school. WW1 and the 30 year long war was also a topic but not as much as WW2.

We had some russian-germans in our class and some kids thought it´s cool to be a neo-nazi and get on them. Six people.
So our history teacher and second school director sent the girls out, locked the classrom and put in a very gory movie about WW2, where people got killed and girls raped to cure them. He sat those six people directly in front of it, 2m away. It worked to cure them. Everybody kept his mouth shut about that incident.

edit on 30-9-2016 by verschickter because: additional information-

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join