It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 months in jail for 87yo grandma who said Auschwitz was a labor camp.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The notorious extremist was summoned to court, however, after declaring on television in April that "the Holocaust is the biggest and most sustainable lie in history."

www.dw.com...

Not being alowed to ask questions is as wrong as all that Hitler did imo.

And yet, when we ask detailed and pointed questions, our historians fall short. They don’t really know when, where, or how the Jews died. They have no technical explanation of how it was possible, for example, to gas thousands of people per day in a single room, and then to dispose of their bodies—such that not a trace remains. They cannot find the mass graves that allegedly held thousands of bodies. They cannot explain wartime aerial photographs that show a disturbingly calm Auschwitz camp. And they refuse to even consider a raft of contradictory evidence. In fact, many aspects of the traditional story simply don’t add up. The deeper we look, the more puzzling the picture becomes—and hence, the great mystery.

inconvenienthistory.com...

It's always funny when deniers start throwing around accusations of ignoring evidence.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You sir are correct, at-least that was supposed to be the point of this thread.

Not whether what she said was "wrong or right" or "offensive".

But whether Western nations should be imprisoning people over their views in a "free and democratic" society.

And the hypocrisy of doing so considering current day calls for the extermination of yet another group, all the while condemning other nations for being "repressive regimes".

edit on 30-9-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Are you just ignoring the explanations given to you?

It wasn't just her "opinion". It was to incite riots and violence. LIKE SHE HAS DONE IN THE PAST.

link   

She isn't being imprisoned over her views. She's being imprisoned for actions that stem from her views. There's a distinction to be made between what you claim and what is the reality, and you're willfully ignoring it.

link   
She is an unrepentant Nazi with a history of claiming that the Holocaust never happened. Sorry to those who think it's harsh, but frankly she has had this coming for a long time.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

The holocaust does get special treatment, how many billions have died over the countless wars that humanity has had ?

Yet the holocaust is the ONLY one we can't legally have an opinion that differs from the official story ?

Dyadkin estimated that the USSR suffered 56 to 62 million "unnatural deaths" during that period, with 34 to 49 million directly linked to Stalin. In “Europe A History,” British historian Norman Davies counted 50 million killed between 1924-53, excluding wartime casualties

How Many People Did Joseph Stalin Kill?

Let's make any talk about this illegal too, plenty more died at the hands of Stalin than in the death camps, but that's OKAY because he was our best friend during WW2

But you're missing the point entirely, it's not the holocaust that is the problem, it's the principle of making illegal an opinion that differs from "historical fact". It's as wrong as denying the existence of the death camps..

And don't tell me I'm wrong, because it's MY OPINION and thankfully it's not illegal for me to have an opinion about laws and to voice it
edit on 30/9/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

As an American, I think its crazy that someone could be imprisoned for questioning an aspect of history.

In the US, we value our freedom of speech, even if that speech isnt politically correct.

Germany isn't the United States, our laws, rights and Constitution do not apply in that country. That's the problem with so many Americans, they think our laws and rights should apply everyone else in the world, but they don't. The world is full of many different countries and cultures, each with their own laws, why is so hard to understand that and respect it?

She also wasn't questioning history, she flat out said they 'were just labor camps'. That's not a question, that is a statement. In Germany, Holocaust denial is illegal, as it should be!
edit on 30-9-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: ...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
See Phages post above yours.
You compare 60k people to millions of people worked near death and then gassed. Then the prisoners had to walk in the showers to drag out their fellow men and shove them into the crematory.

How dare you say to me I should educate myself about our history? It was shoved down our throats EVERY WEEK in history class. Theres nothing more to say.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Not "we", it´s a law in Germany. Do you live in Germany? You can spout your lies everywhere but not here at ground zero.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Anyhow she is obviously a blooming Nazi...sod her and sod all Nazis.
As Indy said "Nazi's I hate those guys".

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Not being alowed to ask questions is as wrong as all that Hitler did imo.

1) She wasn't asking questions.
2) Are you serious?

Yes I am, freedom to look at history and speak openly is as important as not having a dictator like hitler imo, thankfully I have a right to my opinion.

Those of us who fought and those who have Family who died fighting for freedom understand this! This is why the KKK can exist and people must be allowed their free thought and speech.

Maybe this kind of fear and control was necessary directly after the war and the healing of the wounds but keeping this kind of control now has no excuse. People have the right to their denial if that is what they believe only fear makes people want to control everyone into conforming.
edit on 30-9-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
Very sad! It is shameful that the judge and prosecuting attorney cant see that they are party to the same narrow mindedness.

Actually, the law should be blind, so her age in the eyes of the lay is irrelevant.

The fact that the sentence was suspended shows leniency and consideration of her age.

Personally, people who seek to deny the sins of the past are morons, and that includes the crimes of Stalin and Hitler, amongst other monsters. At least Germany takes a principled stand.

link   

Can I ask your age my good man?.

link   

How dare you say to me I should educate myself about our history? It was shoved down our throats EVERY WEEK in history class. Theres nothing more to say.

Thankfully you have the right to question anything that was shoved down your throat.

link   

So it's illegal in Germany to say that a certain law is stupid ?

What a repressive nation you live in

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I dont agree with your (or their) assertion that questioning history is the equivalent of inciting violence or trying to overthrow a government...

IMHO thats a ridiculous leap and an excuse to silence her in the absence of any real crime.

edit on 30-9-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom
In my 50s. I´ve seen it with my kids, too, helping homework. WW2 takes up nearly a year in 10th grade when they are old enough.

link   

originally posted by: Discotech

So it's illegal in Germany to say that a certain law is stupid ?

What a repressive nation you live in

It's illegal in Germany to deny that the Holocaust happened. What part of that do you have trouble with?

link   

Now your equating political suppression to genocide? Bwahahahahaha.....

link   

Poor attempt spinning my words.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join