It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late show with Stephen Colbert does a skit on Gary Johnson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Is Stephen Colbert presenting Gary Johnson as the lesser of 3 evils by comparing him to Trump?

edit on 30-9-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: fixed video

edit on 30-9-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: fixed video

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Link doesn't work. Video error.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The man is a absolute disaster.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
We have to end the two party cartel.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I agree, as I'm sure a lot of people do.

But we need a much better candidate, and I saw some others mention it, but it needs to start at the local level. Once a large enough base is established then there is a good possibility of a 3rd party presidential election.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
The man is a absolute disaster.

Well historically speaking he and his running mate are the only people running with a legislator and executive manager record and experience. Both having been good managers which is all a president can do.

Maybe its time for people to realize the president can only manage the situation, he isnt superman he or she isnt going to make america great again.

What will happen is if they are polarizing which both T and H are they will just be bogged down by congress at every move.

If they are good managers they will get bills passed.

The whole press and media hysteria around what a president can do and how they will save us is frankly embarassing for those that believe it at this point.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Wow, that made me embarrassed for him

I also haven't laughed that hard at Stephen Colbert in a while though, jeeeez!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

lol-do you mean Gary "hillary jr." Johnson?

He is a liberal if I've ever seen one.

I doubt if Colbert actually needs writers to come up with one-liners to mock him with.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I agree, as I'm sure a lot of people do.

But we need a much better candidate,Better than Clinton or Trump by far and I saw some others mention it, but it needs to start at the local level.Why? You can break the two party cartel in November. Once a large enough base is established then That can take years WITH a decent media PR campaign there is a good possibility of a 3rd party presidential election.

If we can just win two or three states we can prevent Trump or Hillary from getting 270.

Vote to get the Libertarians above 5% to be recognized as a major US party, fewer restrictions on ballot access on all 50 states, and get federal matching funds.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze

lol-do you mean Gary "hillary jr." Johnson?

He is a liberal if I've ever seen one.

I doubt if Colbert actually needs writers to come up with one-liners to mock him with.

Look up Liberalism.

Gary Johnson is a classical liberal(free markets,freedom for individuals,minimal government).

Hillary Clinton is a social progressive.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I'm more worried about the whole open borders and flooding the country with terrorists aspect of liberalism.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I'm more worried about the whole open borders and flooding the country with terrorists aspect of liberalism.

Just, no. That' not the platform, at least not Gov. Johnson's platform.

The platform is to rehabilitate the legal process to enter the country so that it's not such a convoluted mess of red tape and bureaucracy. Make it fast and easy for honest folks to come in legally so that there's no reason for them to come in illegally. That way we can screen who comes in, collect taxes on their earnings, and still manage to fill the jobs that need to be filled.

Once you have a clear, simple, and efficient process for legal entrance, then you clamp down on the border to keep out the few that are still coming over illegally, mostly because they can't get in through the legal system due to criminal backgrounds, etc. THOSE are the ones we do indeed need to keep out, and the best way to do that is to make it easier for everyone else to get in legally.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Terrorism is the opposite of liberalism.

Go look up what liberalism is.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
To bad only the 6 viewers saw it.

top topics

join