It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Japanese team discovers 3,500-year-old mummy in Egypt In Perfect Condition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A Japanese team has discovered a mummy in an un-robbed tomb believed to be at least 3500 years old. The mummy, older than that of Tutankhamen, was discovered in northern Egypt. It is unknown if other artifacts were found at the site as well.

story.news.yahoo.com[/url ]
TOKYO (AFP) - A Japanese research team has found "a perfect mummy" in an unrobbed Egyptian tomb believed to be more than 3,500 years old, the team's leader said.

The mummy was in a sealed wooden coffin unearthed in the archaeological site of Dahshur North in northern Egypt, said Sakuji Yoshimura, who headed the team from Tokyo's Waseda University.

The mummified man was believed to be from a period 3,500-4,000 years ago, older than the era of Tutankhamen, the pharaoh of ancient Egypt who ruled in 1336-1327 BC, Yoshimura said, citing characteristics of the coffin.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its incredible that the team has found a tomb that has not been robbed. Hopefully the tomb contained other artifacts that will also prove as interesting as the mummy itself. No doubt this team will be busy for years probing thier find.

[edit on 1/22/05 by FredT]

[edit on 1/22/05 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Great! I can't wait to hear more of this! I wonder what types of beautiful arts will be found, who's tomb it is? Very exciting!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I love these storys
I take it they have already xrayed the mummy to know its a male? or did inscriptions tell them. Need more info.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Did you see the paint job on it -- how amazing is it that after 3500 years the colors are still so vivid. I can't wait to learn more about this. Good find FredT.

jm

top topics

join