It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samsung’s ‘exploding’ washers raise serious questions about its quality control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

I know someone who´s stove glas shattered, too. Never heard that before in my life. Could it be it was that type of oven that won´t have hinges but rails for the door? Same thing, type not available, buy a new one.

About the not plugged in part.... on some appliances you can reset the electronic if you know the right button to press while pluging it in. That´s what he did probably. You might not even notice.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Got it. Samsung batteries need an upgrade to the new graphene batteries.

Did I read that correct? Samsung invented "levitating" washing machines?!! So I buy a fan, strap that on, hit spin, I can then go scooting around the basement not touching the ground?!! Now that is cool!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor
And I never said it was a Samsung, the video I posted is just for giggles, to see how a washer desintegrates.

edit on 30-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I wondered about the levitating part, too. I think they ment the drum "levitating" out of it´s bearings and buffers..
You can always throw a brick in it and see where the ride ends

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
And I never said it was a Samsung, the video I posted is just for giggles, to see how a washer desintegrates.

That comment was in response to a later poster not the original OP.

Just to point out to everyone, appliances these days are considered "consumables" much the same way as a light bulb or fuse hence the reason for being so cheap ....... if you want "forever" petition the manufacturers but, be prepared to pay the extra premium, be it white goods, TV's, Tablets, Phones etc etc, that is why manufactures give a time set warranty ...... nothing these days carries a "Life Time" guarantee (in the main)

You want forever? pay for it. My guess is no one will because ....... " But I want the latest Model, this one is old now" Not just manufacturers inbuilt redundancy but also human need for the latest gadget / app ...... they have us over a barrel, they know what we want / expect / demand and know we will Queue for it, take Apple's latest phone for example ....... we as a species now are all materialistic and "the latest"

Just saying

edit on 2016-09-30T13:32:21-05:002016Fri, 30 Sep 2016 13:32:21 -0500bFriday3209America/Chicago161 by corblimeyguvnor because: further comment added

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You want forever? pay for it.

Sure, the problem being that "forever" is now 2x the money then it used to be, even with inflation...and even then, like Kärcher, "THE" high pressure cleaner manufacturer in germany, that was really worth it´s money... Now you get cheap plastic pump casings that are not durable and artifically limited by small spacers that you can´t take out. Same motor, same electronic, double the price without spacers. It´s not mixed calculations, it´s pure rip off.
edit on 30-9-2016 by verschickter because: cut down that half a mile sentence...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

You want forever? pay for it.

Sure, the problem being that "forever" is now 2x the money then it used to be, even with inflation...and even then, like Kärcher, "THE" high pressure cleaner manufacturer in germany, that was really worth it´s money... Now you get cheap plastic pump casings that are not durable and artifically limited by small spacers that you can´t take out. Same motor, same electronic, double the price without spacers. It´s not mixed calculations, it´s pure rip off.

agreed, why are we debating LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I never saw it as a debate, just normal exchange of info

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I never saw it as a debate, just normal exchange of info

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing you can check the solution of your problem at this link : bosch dishwasher it has worked for me hope it will work you tooo.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The problem is not the quality control, its the engineering design that is wrong. Quality control is of secondary imprortance.

There is no design review that takes in the assessment of the risk of fire which should have been a primary risk review consideration at the design brief stage. For people like washer manfacturers this is baby level stuff.

This is a management issue not a quality issue.

cheers

edit on 10-4-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue
It´s the original title...but yes.

In the end it comes down to the quality of the product, that´s what I mean. the quality control in the engineering process itself. Hah

I like splitting hairs...effort recognized.

edit on 11-4-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

no worries, my reply was also spiltting hairs to some extent too so not to worry. They certainly have a liability problem though.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Most stuff nowadays is engineered to fail after a short amount of years, so there´s that. I have a friend who´s full automatic coffee barista thingy (2000€) died shortly after warranty was out. Much used though. He tried everything, reset, pluging it out for a day, reset again, nothing. I voiced the opinion that the uC lost it´s firmware... he put it in his car to bring it to the electronic trash collection site. Forgot about it, it was winter and in the deep freezing degrees. He tried one last time the other day in the garage and it started up. Completely reset, even the statistics (how many cups in it´s lifetime, runtime etc) were all set to zero. It never resets that statistic, I also fumbled around with it.

if(cupcount greater 10000) [ do[shutdown]]
or something similar. maybe the eeprom had a dataloss and it reset something that went active after it was used often enough or random generator, to disable the machine ;-)

It´s hard to proof, too. Not impossible but hard, if done right.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Most stuff nowadays is engineered to fail after a short amount of years, so there´s that. I have a friend who´s full automatic coffee barista thingy (2000€) died shortly after warranty was out. Much used though. He tried everything, reset, pluging it out for a day, reset again, nothing. I voiced the opinion that the uC lost it´s firmware... he put it in his car to bring it to the electronic trash collection site. Forgot about it, it was winter and in the deep freezing degrees. He tried one last time the other day in the garage and it started up. Completely reset, even the statistics (how many cups in it´s lifetime, runtime etc) were all set to zero. It never resets that statistic, I also fumbled around with it.

if(cupcount greater 10000) [ do[shutdown]]
or something similar. maybe the eeprom had a dataloss and it reset something that went active after it was used often enough or random generator, to disable the machine ;-)

It´s hard to proof, too. Not impossible but hard, if done right.

Very interesting, proof of a designed in throw-away point.

I've been convinced for some years now that deliberate poor qulaity goods are designed to acheive 2 objectives. One, to grow sales. Two, to keep people spending, a tool to keep people broke, to keep then treading the teadmill.

I could name many examples but dishwasher manufacturers have been manufacturing dishwashers for 20+ years. I do not believe they cannot make a dishwasher that will last at least 20 years.

Deliberate poor quality goods, are environmentaly unsustainable but that does not seem to clash with Agenda 21. Maurice strong, the bloke behind agenda 21 said when launching Agenda 21, heating and cooling in homes and workplaces is environmentaly unsustainble and has to be discontinued.

edit on 14-4-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I have old kitchen ware in use that is from the 50-80s. Bread/Cheese/Meat cutter, Mixers, Coffee grinder. Robust stuff, that dough hand mixer will probably mix concrete. Nearly indestructible, that stuff was made to last. High quality gears and rods, metall. Repairable. A bit heavy and not cloud powered but they do the job. It´s probably full of poisonous agents though if you look at it with 2017 norms...
edit on 14-4-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I have old kitchen ware in use that is from the 50-80s. Bread/Cheese/Meat cutter, Mixers, Coffee grinder. Robust stuff, that dough hand mixer will probably mix concrete. Nearly indestructible, that stuff was made to last. High quality gears and rods, metall. Repairable. A bit heavy and not cloud powered but they do the job. It´s probably full of poisonous agents though if you look at it with 2017 norms...

yes I agree. I kinda regret not keeping all the hand operated stuff from the kitchen and the farm we grew up on when I was a child in the 1950's. How much easier life would be in a survival recovery situation. I was only reading today about the 3 horsepower diesel engine that drove the dairy, milk seperator and powered lights in the house while it was running. At the same time it powered batteries for power in the house after the milking was done.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Projects for large prismatic electric battery cells are bound to be the future of batteries, not just for automotive reasons but in general. The simplicity in the electronic systems required to manage and balance a small amount of battery cells with high capacity cuts a lot of funds in electronics and software control systems a lot. Manpower and tooling required to build a battery with larger cells is less then manpower and tooling required to build a battery of the same capabilities but using small cells. Such simplicity is the only way to reducing prices of modern li-ion based batteries, independently of the specific application.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join