It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samsung’s ‘exploding’ washers raise serious questions about its quality control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

I know someone who´s stove glas shattered, too. Never heard that before in my life. Could it be it was that type of oven that won´t have hinges but rails for the door? Same thing, type not available, buy a new one.

About the not plugged in part.... on some appliances you can reset the electronic if you know the right button to press while pluging it in. That´s what he did probably. You might not even notice.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Got it. Samsung batteries need an upgrade to the new graphene batteries.

Did I read that correct? Samsung invented "levitating" washing machines?!! So I buy a fan, strap that on, hit spin, I can then go scooting around the basement not touching the ground?!! Now that is cool!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor
And I never said it was a Samsung, the video I posted is just for giggles, to see how a washer desintegrates.

edit on 30-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I wondered about the levitating part, too. I think they ment the drum "levitating" out of it´s bearings and buffers..
You can always throw a brick in it and see where the ride ends

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
And I never said it was a Samsung, the video I posted is just for giggles, to see how a washer desintegrates.

That comment was in response to a later poster not the original OP.

Just to point out to everyone, appliances these days are considered "consumables" much the same way as a light bulb or fuse hence the reason for being so cheap ....... if you want "forever" petition the manufacturers but, be prepared to pay the extra premium, be it white goods, TV's, Tablets, Phones etc etc, that is why manufactures give a time set warranty ...... nothing these days carries a "Life Time" guarantee (in the main)

You want forever? pay for it. My guess is no one will because ....... " But I want the latest Model, this one is old now" Not just manufacturers inbuilt redundancy but also human need for the latest gadget / app ...... they have us over a barrel, they know what we want / expect / demand and know we will Queue for it, take Apple's latest phone for example ....... we as a species now are all materialistic and "the latest"

Just saying

edit on 2016-09-30T13:32:21-05:002016Fri, 30 Sep 2016 13:32:21 -0500bFriday3209America/Chicago161 by corblimeyguvnor because: further comment added

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You want forever? pay for it.

Sure, the problem being that "forever" is now 2x the money then it used to be, even with inflation...and even then, like Kärcher, "THE" high pressure cleaner manufacturer in germany, that was really worth it´s money... Now you get cheap plastic pump casings that are not durable and artifically limited by small spacers that you can´t take out. Same motor, same electronic, double the price without spacers. It´s not mixed calculations, it´s pure rip off.
edit on 30-9-2016 by verschickter because: cut down that half a mile sentence...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

You want forever? pay for it.

Sure, the problem being that "forever" is now 2x the money then it used to be, even with inflation...and even then, like Kärcher, "THE" high pressure cleaner manufacturer in germany, that was really worth it´s money... Now you get cheap plastic pump casings that are not durable and artifically limited by small spacers that you can´t take out. Same motor, same electronic, double the price without spacers. It´s not mixed calculations, it´s pure rip off.

agreed, why are we debating LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I never saw it as a debate, just normal exchange of info

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I never saw it as a debate, just normal exchange of info

new topics

top topics