It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I gave up on people.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
BruceEfury....that guy looks pretty cool to me... I'd say he has a few stories to tell worth listening to
.... I agree it is necessary to let people go who you have outgrown, but just don't lose your compassion, all the best

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BruceEFury

I gave up on humans a long time ago too.

Patience is a virtue.

enjoy what life you still have left.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
Thanks for sharing friend, I enjoyed your sincere aproach. My reply will be short, some people are running away from the sun and others returning to the source of the sun.

An analogy to the Son of God?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The sun meaning the light and the source of everthing that lives on earth. None the less, its still an anology.a reply to: thepixelpusher

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Thank you for this thoughtful response.

Today I saw a young lady who is now 24. I was her nanny when she was a baby...from seven months old until she started school. Her whole family are like my family, and my kids are like her siblings. My own kids are 25 and 27.

Take your time, and go at your own pace. Many of your generation have been well educated, and are capable of fantastic things. You all are bombarded with information that we (your parents) did not have access to. We have been amazed as you have grown up with all of this.

It's important to remember that one doesn't have a birthday and suddenly become a "grown-up." In fact, you will always be in a similar position, to walk away from some things and toward others, and to have cohorts and companions that are suitable and empower you to fully be yourself.

Rare, perhaps, but not at all impossible. Hang out at places that you like to go, and others who hang out there will have at least that in common with you. Be authentic.

Just, be authentic. Be genuinely yourself.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
People can be crushing, and they can be uplifting. It's up to you to sort them out.

I'm also introverted. I love humanity, but 'people' I find difficult. Always try to keep a few people close. You'll know who they are.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

That is a fantastic TEDTalk. Thanks for posting it. I have shared it with others already.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I really enjoyed reading this, also because I come from a place where I actually love people. I find them fascinating, the way they think and endure life is so interesting to me. You posting this is interesting, your perception of people and how they influence who we are is so true!

I like your take on this because the truth is as much as I love people they are exhausting always over complicating life and competing with each other with no end, after all everyone always just wants "more" from this life.

I think you should be careful not to withdraw too much, although people can be ..well people, they also form the world we live in and we are apart of it. And I know society sucks, but withdrawing also means that other people never get to meet someone as interesting as you, who could possibly help shape them and help them to grow and accept changes.

The world needs more people like you so try to hide away too much

top topics

<< 1   >>

join