It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA: No Timetable for Kratom Ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

A spokesman for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration says there is no timetable yet for kratom to be formally classified as a Schedule I controlled substance – a move that would make the sale and possession of the herb a felony.

Under an emergency scheduling order published in the Federal Register last month, the DEA could schedule kratom as an illegal drug as early as Friday, September 30. But that appears to be increasingly unlikely.

“I don’t have a timetable. It could be this week, could be in the future, I just don’t know,” DEA spokesman Rusty Payne told Pain News Network.

DEA: No Timetable for Kratom Ban

Now for a break in the doom and gloom of the political season, a possible light in the tunnel for those who use Kratom;

An unprecedented grassroots lobbying campaign was also launched to get the DEA to reverse or postpone its decision. Over 135,000 people signed a petition asking the Obama administration to stop the DEA, and hundreds of kratom supporters rallied in front of the White House.
-Op source

Also, props to the many who helped stall this off, and more hope for the future in having this issue resolved.

Another Source-Activist post-
"Kratom Ban No Longer 9/30: DEA Says Timetable Indefinite"

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

One of the good things about this level of corruption is that it truly exposes Big Pharmas power over regulatory agencies.

How they could attempt to ban this plant? What "science" are they using?

Hopefully this movement will carry the torch and demand the end of oppression of Cannabis as well!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Fantastic News.
Makes me thankful we live in a time where we can mobilize so many to be involved in such a short period.

Winter

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is not actually about Kratom.

The DEA is losing the war on MJ. This will eventually allow Congress to ask, why do you still need all of those Agents fighting MJ when we solved the issue.

Enter Kratom or any other substance the DEA in their stupidity, can go after.

Expect more of the same.

This is about DEA's budget and they are striking before they lose MJ altogether.

As long as you know this is all about them getting their budget allocation then, it all makes perfect sense

P

edit on 29/9/2016 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

TY for posting this.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Would you like to elaborate?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: pheonix358

Would you like to elaborate?

Sorry, I glitched when I was making the thread.

P

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

This is really good news. The DEA needs to recognize this plant's immeasurable ability to mitigate opioid/opiate withdrawals and it is completely natural. This ban would simply put those in the process of detoxing/withdrawing back onto the street to obtain the very narcotics that are killing young people more so than automobile accidents. Yes, more people (mostly young adults) are dying of accidental overdoses of heroin (fentanyl-laced heroin is everywhere and it kills quickly and without discrimination) and, to a lesser extent, opioids than car accidents. The DEA is making a monumental MISTAKE in scheduling this plant the same as crack coc aine and will simply exacerbate an epidemic of drug ODs never seen before.

This scheduling (potential) of Kratom is unforgivable and isn't supported by any evidence other than it will take money out of Big Pharma's pocket in their production of alternative forms of addiction maintenance drugs like methadone, suboxeone, and other pharmaceuticals that are just as hard to kick once you're sufficiently into the maintenance program. It's sickening and cruel. All though I feel it will be only a matter of time before it becomes listed in the CSA, but at least there seems to be a time to be bought. I hope so.

Thanks for the thread

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Wait a minute how is this possible? Alll these Obama fans will tell you it is not the Obama administration the handles the scheduling .

ETA... And why would 135,000 signatures do anything for kratom when millions have signed petitions for weed with nothing.

edit on 29-9-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Just in case anyone thinks Hillary will help us over big Pharma.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Mark my words, you will see states banning certain nootropics within the next 2 years. Phenibut will be the most likely next target. All this crap started because kratom shots like VivaZen started showing up in gas stations. And here in Alabama I've been seeing phenibut shots popping up next to the 5-Hour energy shots, filling the void left by our kratom ban that occurred in May.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
Wait a minute how is this possible? Alll these Obama fans will tell you it is not the Obama administration the handles the scheduling .

ETA... And why would 135,000 signatures do anything for kratom when millions have signed petitions for weed with nothing.

It's about perception. The DEA still likes to play the false narrative that drug users are dirty filthy hippies or criminals, and I think when the thousands of regular people who use this daily flooded their phone lines and the offices of senators and representatives it made them take notice.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
Just in case anyone thinks Hillary will help us over big Pharma.

I don't doubt it. Big pharma has their tentacles in every area they can get into. Trump (Nixon-Lite) isn't any better.
edit on 30-9-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
They’ll ban pepper next.

top topics

join