It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA TODAY's Editorial Board: Trump is 'unfit for the presidency'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

In the 34-year history of USA TODAY, the Editorial Board has never taken sides in the presidential race.

This year, the choice isn’t between two capable major party nominees who happen to have significant ideological differences. This year, one of the candidates — Republican nominee Donald Trump — is, by unanimous consensus of the Editorial Board, unfit for the presidency.

From the day he declared his candidacy 15 months ago through this week’s first presidential debate, Trump has demonstrated repeatedly that he lacks the temperament, knowledge, steadiness and honesty that America needs from its presidents.
Source

The historic nature of this story alone makes it newsworthy in my opinion. To be fair to USA TODAY, they published the following response written by Mike Pence.

Mike Pence: Donald Trump is ready to lead

Does this surprise anyone? I find it to be a little shocking. Even The Huffington Post isn't officially taking a side (although we all know what side they're on). Breitbart News Network isn't officially taking a side (although we all know what side they're on).

Some people are saying USA TODAY's stance here reeks of desperation. That sure seems to be true. Or is it patriotism? I suppose perception may be reality in this case.
edit on 29-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I can only imagine the quality of their election reporting starting now.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I am not surprised.

1) He is unfit for the Presidency.
2) That is about the 100th orgaization to say so (not counting leaders of countries in that number).
edit on 29-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

It's common sense, not despration. Or are they desperate for the country to not fall to pieces? Could be the same thing by doing this.

They haven't taken sides before, so they are taking a side for a reason this time.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I wonder if they thought of long term effects of this crappy journalism,granted not everyone will quit reading this mental tripe,but as readers become scarce so will be advertiser's as they will go with the biggest viewing audienceso they think they shot themselves in the foot? I think they aimed higher

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Maybe they are just covering themselves in the event that he wins.

The "I told you so" will be printed in every paper along with the latest debacle.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

They Don't call it the LAME STREAM MEDIA for Nothing Pally .........

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I really have only heard Sarah Palin call it that. lol

Pick who's descriptions you want to copy.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So the USA today who is owned by the Garnett company, the same group of 'journalist' who put an interactive map of guns owner on line, is not only supporting HR(C) but attacked Trump. What are the odds?

The sad part is what are the odds that people know who owns the USA Today and how bias they really are? How many people won't see it for what it is?

A story about the liberal bias of the owners of USA today

www.nationalcenter.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't know if they think this is going to boost Hillary's chances much, but they are creating very dagerous narrative...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Your comeback is an unknown right wing media site? Come on.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
I don't know if they think this is going to boost Hillary's chances much, but they are creating very dagerous narrative...

That trump is unfit to lead? That is a true narrative.

If there is another narrative, that they give, let me know.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Clearly, they haven't figured this out yet.

The more they do this, the more determined it makes people to vote for him. No one trusts the press. No one trusts the people who are in power now.

They have blown any credibility they used to have. They helped create this election and now they're just digging the hole deeper.
edit on 29-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I see the USA Today headline every day, as part of my "New Tab" Edge browser page. USA Today is the same as CNN in their frequency of Anti-Trump headlines. As with CNN, I've never seen a truly POSITIVE Trump headline in the USA Today feed.

The only time the USA Today is worth reading is when you're at a hotel and bored. It's free at most of them.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I Forgive Sarah for Her Plagiarism , I actually Coined the Phrase.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Clearly, they haven't figured this out yet.

The more they do this, the more determined it makes people to vote for him. No one trusts the press. No one trusts the people who are in power now.

They have blown any credibility they used to have. They helped create this election and now they're just digging the hole deeper.

You are right about that. And it may be 'desperation' that causes newspapers that have never endorsed a candidate to do so now.

There is desperation, as Trump is definitely not ready and in my opinion, a nut. The fact that he is not ready is not opinion, it is fact.

Ignoring the problem, I don't think will help.

What do you suggest?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I Forgive Sarah for Her Plagiarism , I actually Coined the Phrase.

LOL

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: alomaha

That trump is unfit to lead? That is a true narrative.

If there is another narrative, that they give, let me know.

Criteria to be unfit for the Presidency:
1- Lying to the FBI: Clinton
2- Lying under oath to Congress: Clinton (just these first two points make her worse than Nixon)
3- Demonstrated gross inability to handle classified information (much less nuclear codes): Clinton
4- Rigging a Presidential primary against an opponent: Clinton
5- Demonstrated gross incompetence in foreign policy: Clinton
6- Gross third-world style corruption took money from foreign regimes in exchange for favors: Clinton

Don't let facts get in the way of your "narrative"....

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I see the USA Today headline every day, as part of my "New Tab" Edge browser page. USA Today is the same as CNN in their frequency of Anti-Trump headlines. As with CNN, I've never seen a truly POSITIVE Trump headline in the USA Today feed.

The only time the USA Today is worth reading is when you're at a hotel and bored. It's free at most of them.

It is not the best paper ever. It was once pretty good. Now, not so much. But their comment about Donald Trump has only helped them look like an actual news organization.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm voting for trump, and he has been a horrible candidate.

Spiteful, rude and unknowledgeable, while Hillary has been a rock.

That's not spin it is the truth. If ANY other candidate said half the things he has said, the GOP unites against him.

Trump is high risk, high reward no use in lying for anyone reguardless of team.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Even if they are right, which is not upon them to judge, it's perilous thing to declare. If they are right, they should have declared it long ago, not now a month before election day...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join