It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GUESS WHAT??? I just got my first GRANDSON!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yep... it was a total surprise! Ive been scarce on ATS ..which was my 2nd home at one time. There are many people on here that I consider my life having been enriched by. Ive learned so much on here. I hope Ive helped others learn some things. In the end Ive had a hell of a 2 years and becoming a grandparent is only one huge event thats occurred. So many things have happened and Ive been involved in a few huge things Ill have to share eventually. Things are slowing down and Id love to get to know some of the newbies and reconnect with some of the oldies.
SO here is a brief account of one of my adventures while on hiatus from ATS.

So, my oldest is 23 and was not feeling well. We took a drive to Kansas City and she was cramping. Thought it was poo or a virus or something. She was on her period so that was a possibility. SHe hadnt missed a period... NO idea at all she was pregnant. Ive seen it on TV and thought it was BS. Nope.. it really happens!

Ok.. ...

So Im asleep and the phone rings at 5:30. Its my soon to be son in law and he shakily says my daughter is in the hospital and she is in labor at 39 weeks. I said here.. talk to dad. I hand the phone to my husband cause I figured they were messing with me AGAIN. We all prank eachother so thats why I assumed. Last time I was called by him that early he was screaming about aliens... and I almost ran outside in the nude. Long story.. anyway. My husband wakes me back up and he said No S*** she's in labor. Im thinking uh oh... 39 weeks? No way! We had fam down from the Dakotas after that whole fracas up there... and they even saw her.. she wasnt pregnant looking! She is a thin girl... where would a baby be hiding?! So we get to the hospital and she is in active labor. A week earlier she had been to the same hospital for a work injury and gotten an Xray. They must not have looked at the lumbar xray or theyd have seen a baby in there Im sure! I guess its a crap hospital! LOL!

Anyway, a few hours later.. and a lot of worrying later.. a perfect grandson popped out. 7 lbs and 11 ozs. Im still wondering where he was hiding. In her lungs or something I guess. He is just under 3 months now. He's as white as his daddy... whitest skin Ive ever seen. I call him a fat white boy, but I guess Ill keep him.
LOL!! When he came out the Dr said LOOK AT HIS FEET! The kid has huge feet! My daughter is 5'11" and her fiancee is 6'6"... This boy is going to be a nephilim fat white boy. I guess my good indigenous genes are diluted into European blue eyed giants now. Joking.. kinda. Ive added to the multiracial multicultural mess, I guess you could say. He really is the best baby Ive ever seen. Quiet little guy that smiles all the time. Now I have an excuse to let all of my eccentricities out.. let em bloom.. I have a grandson and he will love me even if Im batsh*t crazy! LOL!

WHen I remember how to get a pic up Ill show you all. At first he looked just like verne troyer! LMAO!! You gotta see this kids feet and his size for a little under 3 months... its spooky!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
He sounds precious

Congratulations!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I can't remember if I've seen you around or not, but you just made me laugh like 7 times hahaha..

omg you must be a trip in real life.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Now tell me that doesnt look like Verne Troyer!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Congratulations!
Although I have taken great measures to ensure that I am NOT a grandparent any time soon, I am thrilled with babies and with your new joy.

I, too, had no idea I was pregnant with my first although I wasn't as far along as your daughter. That's amazing!

Looking forward to hearing about the 'huge' things that you've been involved with.

Good luck to all of you!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your amazing story!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Wow, Congrats

Offers up a toast!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I had to look the name up omg hahaha..

but serisouly I think that baby really is a giant..

Has he started playing basketball yet?

hahaha

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Boy oh boy is that child gonna be spoiled.......I know this cause it's what grandparents do, been doing it every day for the last 4 years......congratulations on the new brood.
edit on 29-9-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Congrats. You hear it all the time. Being a grandparent is amazing. No idea HOW much so until it happens. Welcome to the club. It's a blast.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

I had to look the name up omg hahaha..

but serisouly I think that baby really is a giant..

Has he started playing basketball yet?

hahaha

Not yet.. but Im expecting him to get up and run around the house any second now! LOL!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

What a sweetie! And what a wild tale! Congratulations!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

He already looks like a gen-u-ine character. LOL!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Congratulations

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

He already looks like a gen-u-ine character. LOL!

That orneryness.. thats my genetics. Already Ive decided he can do no wrong. Rob a bank? Thats ok, Grammie will give you an alibi. Lets go shopping..

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Now tell me that doesnt look like Verne Troyer!

wow! He is gonna be tall. Can the Buffalo Bills have him?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

As you can imagine Grandpa and I are already thinking of what sports we can get him into. Ill be crushed if he is more into interior design than football..

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

LOL

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Congratulations on a healthy baby! A real blessing!

I'm often a cynical Baxter but few things warm my heart like a healthy bouncing baby. Very happy for you.

I will admit I find it equal parts strange and endearing that ATS is one of the first spots you came to announce this picture and all. In the end though, just makes me feel better to be here in this community.

Cheers to you and your recently expanded family!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
He's toddler sized! I so much wanted one of my babies to be chunky when they were born. With my first, six weeks early, my sister cried and said he looked like a starved baby bird. Congrats on the happy healthy grandson. He's beautiful.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join