It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicknames, Have one? and Why?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

In the neighbourhood all called me "hat".., because of a hat I had. Genius, indeed! Some of the few friends I still meet occasionally yet call me hat. I reckon we'll keep referring between us, by childhood our childhood nicknames until the boots point-at-the-sky-day. Kinda sentimental thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I have 3, the first 2 are used interchangeably. The 3rd one is used exclusively by a select number of individuals who only know me by that name, and that reputation. 1, 2: "Sherman" and "Thurman" and 3. "El Chupacabra"

You don't want to know about the things "El Chupacabra" has done or seen... it would keep you up at night mi amigo

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Reefer, for obvious reasons.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Did I have any, a couple from when I was overseas. Why did I get them, I was very good at what I did ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I am Drinking Boy.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

When I played college baseball I was "Hoyle" .as "According to Hoyle" a book which has the rules for all the card games.

When I played pro baseball I was "Flipper" because I threw underhand/submarine.

When I was a beat cop I was "Officer Friendly" because I didn't yell and argue.

When I went to the Detective Bureau I became "Detective Friendly". See above.

Now I don't answer to anything...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I like your nickname, obviously. I also have an affinity for birds but that is from this lifetime I'm sure.

I think that I believe in reincarnation, at this moment. I think that we continue on after physical death but to what degree or what culmination, eventually, I don't know.

My daughters are convinced that our kitten is the reincarnation of my Mother. That is not of my doing. We were all just sitting around talking one day and it came up, and out of their mouths.

Both of my children have nicknames and rarely answer to their given names anymore after so many years. If you are going to use their proper names you must say it with emphasis and a little louder. Their nicknames are just taken from their real names. They aren't attributed to an act or habit or personality trait necessarily.

I have had many nicknames over time. It's funny, I suppose, that the one used predominantly now is a take on my given name and is an item that is found where I want to live out my life someday. When I get there.

It's almost like 'full circle'...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I got my middle name for a nickname - stayed that way a couple years at least. What happened was in 10th grade, my English teacher told us to say our middle name in a different style than we normally talk, as kind of a "get to know you" type thing. Well, because I was extremely quiet, I decided to pull a complete 180. When it came to my turn, I said it loudly in a grizzled manner. The room froze for about 5 minutes, trying to rationalize what just happened.

I was also known as "that trumpet guy", because usually if you saw me, it's because I had a trumpet case glued to my free hand (I refused to let it out of my sight).

No other nicknames, save for some inappropriate ones that need not be mentioned

-fossilera

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I absolutely believe in reincarnation and in my late years I have noticed some things I believe would happen and warned myself against have actually happened

One nicknamen I had in the 9th grade was muscles relating to the muscles in my calves ( I was 5 ft tall, 100 lbs at most). I seem to be born with these strong calf muscle because I never did anything to develop them.

In my late years of this life I took many dance lessons and became a dancer. Dancers dance on the ball of the foot which causes your calf muscles to tense and become stronger. A few years ago I had my first pedicure with my daughter and the pedicurist mentioned the strong calf muscle and noted my daughter who is 23 years younger did not have them.

Yes, if you have children and notice their preformed personalities, you know there is more going on in life than we can account for.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Since my Mom passed, I have had many strange visits from birds and I swear it feels like she is just letting me know she is with me!
edit on 9-29-2016 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Except maybe the wanderer?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

And you decided to omit them?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Because you were always referring to something?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

Then they can call you Boots!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Thanks for sharing Cat!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And your last name might be Connally? Tiny Canal?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: Argentbenign

Then they can call you Boots!

You would laugh about, but as autumn came I put my cowboy boots and I don't plan to wear anything else until summer. So by luck you just nailed it

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
No because "WEED" &" Mary Jane" were taken.a reply to: searcherfortruth

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well ever since my coworkers heard my bragging about my 1500 hours on the video game L4D1 and nearly 1500 on L4D2, they have decided to refer to me as Zombie Killer.

I'm cool with this. Lol.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Meathead, because well....im a meathead...

Also in my younger years my Korean friend gave me my Indian name : Joe Drinking Bear.

Because my name is Joe and I drink beer..

~meathead

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join