It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foresight or Logical thinking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Earlier this year I had employment in a warehouse setting, just normal sporting equipment stuff. I was going through a lot of crap with my personal life and drinking pretty heavily because of these things, which caused me to make stupid choices at work, ie, drinking, embezzlement. Its not like I needed these items or the money I would get from them, not sure if I was doing it for the thrill or because of previously mentioned heavy drinking. Anyways, not the point of this post.

I started having dreams where I would get caught. Sometimes they seemed very real and I would almost be afraid to go into work that day for fear of getting busted. It finally happened one day and I ended up getting arrested at work, very embarrassing, dont be an idiot like me, kids.

So, what do you guys think of these "premonition" dreams? Was it just my mind stressing out over the stupid stuff I was doing?
I dont really think we know enough about the human mind and consciousness to say for certain, but I tend to think it was just my mind stressing out over it. I dont fancy myself a psy whatever of any kind.

Sorry I cant go into details, I am still going to court over this. I thought it would be an interesting thing for us to kick around so I decided to share.

Not sure where to put this at all. I think I picked the wrong spot, lol.

edit on 29-9-2016 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You were obviously subconsciously worried about getting caught, and it manifested in your dreams.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
You were obviously subconsciously worried about getting caught, and it manifested in your dreams.

Bingo! That was my answer. I don't think it was anything more than that. Hope you learned your lesson OP.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

One can always argue that the OP subconsciously wanted to get caught enforcing the OP's conscious to clear up his act because of the influence of the extern force (getting busted) instead of the OP's own decision (which can derive from numerous things).

Then it is not about worried getting caught, but pushing to get caught.

You know, hypothetically...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

One can always argue that the OP subconsciously wanted to get caught enforcing the OP's conscious to clear up his act because of the influence of the extern force (getting busted) instead of the OP's own decision (which can derive from numerous things).

Then it is not about worried getting caught, but pushing to get caught.

You know, hypothetically...

Now that is interesting...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: smashdem

Not paranormal, called conscience. What did you expect?

Any way, I'm glad you have a conscience.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Sounds like a plain ol' case of guilty conscious. You sort of prove that in the way you write about the experience. It bothered you when you were doing the misdeeds and still bothers you with remorse.

I strongly believe is several aspects of psi stuff, but I see no need to invoke it here unless there are aspects you have not revealed to us.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I dont think there is anything to it other than feeling guilty for doing something I know I wasnt supposed to be doing. I wanted to see what other people thought of the matter though. And kind of just wanted to share the story, I feel it helps with getting through it. Maybe I should have looked for a psychiatry forum or something more geared towards the human mind, it does seem like paranormal was kind of the incorrect place.
edit on 30-9-2016 by smashdem because: Adds

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hi there, there is obviously something about this incident which seemed to strike you as perhaps a little paranormal. I would like to go ahead and say this sort of thing hasn't really happened to you before. In regards to these dreams as seeming to reflect on your concience trying to tell you something about doing the right thing that in itself is a manefestation of of your concience in a visual,audio and kinesthetic form. Some circles of study may suggest other ideas aswell. Some studies suggest that in your dreams you can perceive the future,at times in different sub realities and perhaps even other dimensions which are similar to your wold and reality. Now aside from that some studies would suggest otherworldly interference perhaps from a diety like a god or the god or an entity like a guardian spirit.By showing you what could or would happen they could perhaps be trying to help you down the right path. It depends whether you feel that this is an internal thing or an external thing. Are you in control of your life and everything happens as a coincidence randomly connecting with everyone and everything around you? Or is everything part of a pre destined plan? It's hard to come out and say what exactly is happening here there is so many different paths you could take to try to understand or theorize on what happened to you. Thanks for posting.

My original profile is toraylin
I can't remember the password
edit on 30-9-2016 by toraylin3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
How did your dreams of getting caught play out compared to actually being caught in waking life?
Did anything happen in the same way, or was it all completely different?

These kinds of questions should be asked before anyone decides it's "case closed".

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Honestly it was worse in reality, and not just because it was actually happening. I only slightly remember the dream/dreams about getting caught, they were different every time and usually it was just a fleeting thought of one of my bosses kind of scolding me or something to that effect.

Interestingly enough, I have a lot of dreams about still working there and hanging out with some of the guys like nothing ever happened
Live and learn

new topics

top topics

join