It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Hack / NJ Train Crash

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ffrealmsrider

train operator says he does not recall the crash, but remembers that this particular morning, everything seemed to be functioning normally

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

A nw Jersey Transit commuter train sped up and was going twice the 10 mph speed limit just before it crashed into Hoboken's terminal last week, killing a woman on the platform and injuring more than 100 people, federal investigators said Thursday.

The train's engineer hit the emergency brake less than a second before the train slammed into a bumping post at the end of the rail line, went airborne and hurtled into the station's waiting area, according to information released by the National Transportation Safety Board.

Thursday's report contained no analysis of the data retrieved and no explanation for why the train increased speed. NTSB technical experts and the parties to the investigation are scheduled to meet in Washington, D.C., next Tuesday to continue reviewing the data and video from the train

source

First set of actual data I've seen. Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Interesting - so the train operator thought they were going 10 MPH when they crashed, but it was actually found to be double that.

They don't state whether or not the emergency brake actually engaged or not, although evidently there wasn't much time to slow down since he hit it "less than 1 second" before impact.

I'm surprised this topic has all but died out completely. It's quite the bizarre case. I hope we find out more, especially in regard to the fake/hacked FEMA message before the incident

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Wow, that's pretty crazy. Seems like too much of coincidence for them to be unrelated.

Side note, I've noticed a lot of emergency alerts lately, like more than normal. My husband and me were talking about that Tuesday night. Then yesterday, at work, one of my coworkers said the same thing.

Bizarre.
my state had one for the first time beginning of the last week. Lit up everyones cell over the whole state 3 times over a missing girl that was found a couple hours later. The whole story didnt even come close to adding up. Seemed more like a live test drill of the system. Got people all worked up over it. It's never been done before here aside from the typical testing over the radio stations over the last few decades or so

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
The train's engineer hit the emergency brake less than a second before the train slammed into a bumping post at the end of the rail line,

This bit suggests that the all-too-mundane truth is that the driver had nodded off, to be quite frank.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

My guess.

The EAS hack gets crushed under the rug either way.

Maybe it was coincidence, or maybe it was a dry run and a blatant jab.

If it was a dry run, they saw after one hack, and another attempt forced them to turn it off. Which would leave everyone quite vulnerable.

Unfortunately we rely to much on automation technology (I realize this train was said to have no automation, though they have been working towards it for NJ).

Point being, even some of our most "secure" systems have been vulnerable, leading one to ask how automated should we be.

Here's a gem. Computer Virus Hits US Drone Fleet

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And it's not just new and up to date systems we need concern ourselves with. Look in to older SCADA and other legacy systems and what might happen were they to be compromised.

A person or persons with the specific knowledge and intent could cause whole world of hurt and some of the damage might not be known about until much later.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Unfortunately we could go on and on. Hopefully it's been different entities. Because if it's the same one, everyone (most people) forget these things weeks after. And many times the problems are not adequately addressed. I know for months after the Drone virus it was still not fixed as it would require grounding the fleet.

It didn't appear the culprit could actually control the drones, but they got keylogs and video, wounder if there was any juicy blackmail.

None the less if it is the same culprit, they have tested broad spectrum and have the ability for a broad approach.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Let's hope it's been thoroughly investigated and contained.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join