It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Hack / NJ Train Crash

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

That is very odd...ordinarily I'd say maybe some glitch where the screen stayed on whatever was showing when the alert came through. But this doesn't seem to be ordinary at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
isn't that part of New Jersey also where the government alert radio station was hacked and broadcast warnings to Donald Trump on the 26th of September?

Someone said this News Station is in Utica. NY so ... May have been same hackers.

This is crazy!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So anyone still looking I have tried to deduce this to make some sense of it all. And the sad part is it may never make sense

So we all know FEMA did test nation wide, I saw them and didn't pay attention as I was at work and just figured it was a test.

In the Facebook response by the TV station they said they would contact the New York State Broadcasters Association who administers the emergency alert system simultaneously to all broadcasters to figure out the issue.

So the hack may have been on the NYSBA instead of FEMA. Even so, why would Utica get a different alert, more specifically one particular news station?

Logic says tampering was in play, as the system is automatic for the interest of mass communication quick.

Also, the train supposedly didn't have any of the automation though it's been thrown around Jersey is working on it.

I have three theories, all may be off.

1. Someone tried to whistleblow and or leave a breadcrumb trail from the inside? (doubtful just throwing out ideas)

2. A hack, but why so isolated, almost seems like on the scale they achieved the hack on, why not make more of a statement? (assuming they jacked the NYSBA)

3. This train did have more automation which would open a whole new discussion.
edit on 29-9-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

well they sot of explained that didn't they ?

FEMA replied that they did not send this out. They will launch a full investigation into how their codes were hacked. WKTV seems to be the only target of this hack. For now, we have disabled the codes in our decoder that trigger this alert. If there is a real National Alert, we will still receive it from the local radio stations we are assigned to monitor. WKTV will cooperate fully with FEMA, providing information about our hardware, software and internet access, and will provide log files from our devices. This information will be helpful to FEMA to track down the source of this hack.

Source

Now another member said they saw a similar message in Nevada, but who knows if they are telling the truth or not.
AND I am seeing something about people noticing it in Florida as well

What I was trying to find was any news source commenting on the actual message about trains, rather than just the fact that the EAS was hacked...
edit on 29-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's pretty strange, they use to happen here pretty late at night, around midnight. There was one the other day, during prime time tv, that was different. They've also been happening a lot on the radio station that's always on at work.

Who knows but it just seems rather strange, especially when lots of people are noticing and commenting about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If this is really a terrorist group of some kind playing a Joker-style game, there are lots more lines in "Green Eggs and Ham" to pore over for clues...

Would you, could you, in the dark

In the rain...

On a boat...

Also notice that the alert was for "hazardous materials"

edit on 29-9-2016 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Antz2xplicit

hmag.com..."

July 23, 2015

Green Eggs and Ham with Mayor Dawn Zimmer of Hoboken, New Jersey"

Any coincidence with this one???
edit on 29-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Thanks for that info. This is so strange, I still wounder why they isolated their statement to that one station, maybe it was easier?

With all the hacking going on recently it's hard to figure out why, and I'm playing with so many possibilities.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
DP
edit on 29-9-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Dr. Seuss was born in Springfield Massachusetts. The train originated in Spring Valley New Jersey. Hazardous material is carried more frequently on trains than any other transportation medium. It may be nothing, or could be part of the code.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think this rules out islamic hackers because they dont do ham

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason88

Yes, but this was a commuter train wasn't it? The only hazardous material that could conceivably be on a train that only carries people would be a biological agent...which seems improbable, since the train crashed and no one has reported anyone getting sick. Maybe the train was a clue for something? If so, then maybe there are more clues to a bigger message...I don't know. It just seems like such an isolated event, but there are too many weird aspects to this to believe that's all there is. What other things are happening that might tie in?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I see sabotage. It looks like EU's attempt to blackmail the Federal Reserve into printing more money for Deutsche Bank, UniCredito, SocGen.
edit on 29-9-2016 by Flanker86 because: par condicio

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I think he meant code to operatives. Not necessarily that it meant so much as more than a message to someone particular.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I'm guessing the whole thing is code in which each word translates to something else with the end result being 'attack a train in New Jersey.'

FYI -

ationsKRTV in Great Falls, WBUP and WNMU-TV in Marquette broke into programming to broadcast the false alerts.[38][39] Details on the hacking incident remain unknown at present, though a representative for Monroe Electronics, a maker and distributor of EAS equipment, mentioned that some stations do not change their logins or passwords, opting to use factory presets instead.
Source: Wikipedia

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I still wounder why they isolated their statement to that one station, maybe it was easier?

My working theory is that it required a person to physically have access to the hardware, upload malicious code through an automated thumb drive, and maybe it ran on a timer? For all we know, this was added to their computers or network months ago, and was either waiting for a remote order, or on a timer.

Now if Hollywood has taught us anything, the culprit gained access posing as a janitorial, custodial, or even private security. If they use those cheap yellow pages security companies, their guys are about as skilled and professional as a Wal-Mart door greeter, and screening them may be very basic and lax. Or it was someone delivering food.

a reply to: Reverbs

What I was trying to find was any news source commenting on the actual message about trains, rather than just the fact that the EAS was hacked...

If the two are in fact related, I wonder if the authorities would even want to make it publicly known?? If that were the case, the media may be on orders to not discuss the correlation between the two events. Keeping the two matter separate and quiet is less likely to trigger public fear.
edit on 9-29-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You'd think the EAS wouldn't be able to be changed station by station, but rather by the upper chain.

Then again, I'm going off of assumptions that the US emergency infrastructure is up to date.

Edit: I remembered we're talking about FEMA.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Could be that it's a botched or other attempt at looking to garner support this for this:

Bloomberg Report

“A bipartisan bill introduced Thursday by Senator John Thune (R-S.D.) would require the TSA to use a risk-based security model for these transport modes and to budget money based on those risks. It would require a wider use of the agency’s terrorist watch list by train operators and more detailed passenger manifests along with tighter screening of marine employees. The legislation would also increase the TSA’s canine use by as many as 70 dog-handler teams for surface transportation.”
-Source

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Or Internet security. If they can prove hackers could endanger life's, we could patriot act the Internet.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I couldn't tell you how lax security is pretty much everywhere I worked..

Airport
Football stadium

Let's not elaborate on that.

Just wow though.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join