It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you give up all distraction for enlightenment?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan
No more smartphone, no more movies, TV, Non fiction, alcohol, drugs. Give up all that for peace and a pure connection to that which we are all connected.

No. For some reason I am now in the physical, and I doubt the reason is to pretend I am not. To eschew the physical once I get here seems to me to be missing the point of being physical in the first place.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You can still be physical, just less distracted by non-sense ... like my posts.
edit on 30 by AshFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

You can still be physical, just less distracted by non-sense ... like my posts.

You suggested we give up a number of things, which I took to be a non-inclusive list, in order to be more purely connected to "that which we are all connected." Now a literal reading of that sentence would suggest a tautology. It doesn't make a tremendous amount of sense. You seem to be suggesting there is a "more pure" way of connecting, but that we are already connected. The whole thing begs the question. Avoiding physical things while being physical rather misses the point.

I'm suggesting that we are made physical to experience the physical. There is no good reason to avoid the physical why we are here, and that is essentially what you are suggesting. If we are here to experience the physical, as our mere presence suggests, then there is no reason why we should not experience it fully.

Besides which, you asked the question, "Would you?" and my answer is, "No." That's my answer, along with my reasoning. It's not an argument.
edit on 9/30/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

No arguing, just sharing my utter lack of parameters.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
In my case I have seen jesus. He has wordlessly stated that humanity should enjoy their lives not get so hung up on the after and of eternity. Human life is but a blink and we should at least try to get something of it before we return to our true homes[yes homes. Sometimes souls come from other universes.] In closing like so many others have said...I would never give up on those physical things. Just my two cents as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join