It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If dreams aren't real, then why will dreaming of being burned cause 2nd degree burns on the body?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
To the skeptics who think that 'dreams' do not exist and are just widespread anecdotal myths. If dreams are just imagination and not another form of reality, why does dreaming of being burned, cause 2nd-degree burn wounds to appear on the body and dreaming of catching herpes actually cause herpes to appear in the body? Studies where people were made to dream of these things, confirmed this, so there is scientific proof.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1MisterLeonard1
To the skeptics who think that 'dreams' do not exist and are just widespread anecdotal myths. If dreams are just imagination and not another form of reality, why does dreaming of being burned, cause 2nd-degree burn wounds to appear on the body and dreaming of catching herpes actually cause herpes to appear in the body? Studies where people were made to dream of these things, confirmed this, so there is scientific proof.

Uh, if you think you are right, then why are you wrong?

Or more seriously, do you have any links to these studies or are you just using the word studies to get people to agree with you?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1

You are not actually being burned. It's your mind thinking it was and causing a red area on your skin.
And why didn't you just put this in the thread you already started about your dreams?

You're trying to make it sound like people are denying they dream or have said dreams are myths. Every one dreams. It's that the things in your dreams are not real.
edit on 29-9-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Once I dreamt I was with three super hot chicks and I got off. When I woke up... I had! DREAMS ARE REAL!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

siivola.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
wrong dude sorry.
edit on 29-9-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

siivola.org...

Interesting. Very interesting.

This implies hypnosis and dreams are the same of course.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

How in the actual hell can you catch a virus through hypnosis? I'd beat the hell out of my hypnotist if they gave me that sh**

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I have never heard of someone being burned or catching Herpes because they dreamed it.

Skin burns require elevated temperatures or strong chemicals being applied, Herpes is a virus. Are you suggesting that one would invent and create a living virus from scratch by the power of our imagination?

There are clinics which study sleeping people (I have attended one for my sleep aponea) and the physiological components of dream states are monitored by sensors (which measure galvanic skin response, temperature, movement, breathing and pulse rate), night vision video and attendant observers. In such situations, dreaming is observed very closely but such things that you describe don't happen.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

siivola.org...

This is about hypnotically induced psychosomatic symptoms in a patient who already exhibited hysterical blindness.

People usually remain awake and conscious during hypnosis, it isn't sleep. Hypnosis works by placing suggestions into the subconscious mind while the conscious mind is relaxed and taking a passive role.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The first problem I have with your premise is the idea that someone could make you dream about being burned or having herpes, nevermind the rest of it, how was this achieved?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

The first problem I have with your premise is the idea that someone could make you dream about being burned or having herpes, nevermind the rest of it, how was this achieved?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

ther·a·py
ˈTHerəpē/Submit
noun
treatment intended to relieve or heal a disorder.
"a course of antibiotic therapy"
synonyms: treatment, remedy, cure
"a wide range of complementary therapies"
the treatment of mental or psychological disorders by psychological means.
"he is currently in therapy"
synonyms: psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, analysis, counseling
"he's currently in therapy"

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It is called the Placebo Effect. Your dreams are absolutely real...to you. When people have physical manifestations such as red marks or pain upon waking, it is because their dream was so vivid that it fooled the psyche into believing it was actually happening in the waking world.

The power of suggestion causing the Placebo Effect is the psychological mechanism responsible for clinical hypochondria, for example. People suffering from hypochondria can convince themselves so strongly that they're afflicted with illnesses that they actually start having symptoms that require medical attention.

Another common example is the manifestation of a pseudo-pregnancy. The power of suggestion is so intense that women in the grip of it actually start gaining weight, having morning sickness, lactating...and in some cases, even testing positive for HCG in their urine. It is in fact sometimes so convincing that physicians order a transvaginal ultrasound to confirm that there is not actually a fetus in there.

There are a number of sleep disorders, and some of them can in fact result in death, and do, more often than one might think. Apnea is the most common of these. But there are many sleep disorders involving REM activity that can cause psychological distress and people who are experiencing these should really go get checked out by a physician. Sleep disorders that are untreated can cause such health issues as hypertension, chronic fatigue, anxiety and depression, to name a few. It's nothing to play around with, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There is a book called 'Projection of the Astral body' by Muldoon Carrington written in 1929 and he used to Astral Projecting (AP) while he was sleeping, as this way is the kindest to your body. He talks about something called Repercussion, where you can be hurt on the Astral plane and then your body exhibits that wound when you wake up.

I can assure you, you can be killed whilst Astral Projecting (AP) during sleep as it nearly happened to me. I still have double vision in one eye, due to them caving my skull in, when the evil humans abducted me in 2014. I refused to comply to their request and they tried to rape my daughter (as they had abducted all 4 of my family) so I killed two of the soldiers guarding us and one soldier rifle butted my skull broke my arm and left leg and several ribs. they then sent me back to my body to die. Fortunately I had been taught to heal my Astral body before returning to my body.
Both myself and my child had small wounds from that night and I photographed them. I had to have glasses after that day as well.

I read somewhere that our bodies are a projection of our consciousness, so if our consciousness is elsewhere during sleep due to Astral projecting (AP), then some people could (in theory) make new bodies. This is the concept of Berserkers in the Viking folklore. A book called The Real Middle Earth discusses this concept of Berserkers, where a certain man could go to sleep and a vicious hound would appear in this dimension, and then kill humans in the battle. Dragons and bears have also been documented in Viking folklore.

To get to this far in AP you must have been taught in holo type simulations and worked on those things that scare you.
Oh yeah and been born into certain bloodlines and be able to access that ability via your birth time.

So if you haven't been born into a certain bloodline nor birthed at a certain birth time, you have no worries. This is the majority of people btw. Your dreams are a collection of memories of that day and your brain is doing filing. You may not even ever experience deja vu (downloaded in your dreamtime) as this is bloodline ability too.

Of those that are, they are currently targeted and killed, if they haven't got to a certain level of spiritual growth, to stop death. These people are found and exploited by the Left hand path people. You don't even have to leave your bed for these b******s to use you, torture you and implant you, they have been taught to call your consciousness. So although you swear you have been abducted, your body never left the comfort of your bed.

But these abilities were given to mankind to fight the interdimensionals that are attacking atm. The Left Hand pathers want total annihilation of Earth populous and have invited the interdimensionals in and battles are occurring on the Astral plane.
These battles are written about in many comics, as they can see into the Astral plane.
And I knew this is true, due to personal circumstances.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

siivola.org...
Did you read that link or just the headline?

the ex­aminer gently brushed the dorsum of the patient's hand with a small flat file
This is not supporting your claim. What this tells me is if you rub a file "gently" (whatever that means, it's not scientifically quantified) on a person's skin, it can have an effect on the skin.

If it was actually dreaming causing the skin anomaly, why can't they just dream and have the anomaly happen without rubbing a file on it? Because it's a bogus "test" of dreaming having an effect, what it really shows me is that rubbing a file on the skin can have an effect on the skin which I could have told you without reading your link.

edit on 2016930 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

join