It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Russia will continue to send troops home in body bags’: US to Moscow (over Syria)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

‘Russia will continue to send troops home in body bags’: US warns Moscow if Syria violence goes on

“Extremist groups will continue to exploit the vacuums that are there in Syria to expand their operations, which could include attacks against Russian interests, perhaps even Russian cities. Russia will continue to send troops home in body bags, and will continue to lose resources, perhaps even aircraft,” John Kirby, the State Department's spokesperson, told reporters at Wednesday's press briefing.
Source

From my perspective, it sounds like the U.S. is warning Russia about starting WW3. It's my understanding that the "extremist groups" being mentioned are supported by the U.S. Isn't the warning here that if Russia keeps pushing things, the U.S. is going to respond by proxy?

I posted the video below already, but I think it bears repeating. The video shows an open discussion in the U.S. Congress about the possibility of WW3. I can't recall that happening in my lifetime.

One of the most astounding things about the video to me is General Joseph Dunford (The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff) saying that the decision to go to war with Russia is "a pretty fundamental decision that [he] is not going to make." Isn't that an interesting choice of words? Who would be making that decision? If it were the decision of Obama the supposed "commander in chief", wouldn't Dunford have said that outright?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The USA does not have its lie of "weapons of mass destruction" to employ this time around, so all they can do is take a cue from South Park (re: Blame Canada) and blame Russia and create a war with Russia all the while duping the people of the USA into believing that it is all necessary for the protection of the interests and sovereignty of the USA. It will all be a lie, but that is how the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama dynasty rules the world ... lies, distractions, and total control of the main sources of news and information.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Why does the US care so much about #ing Syria lol?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

To be fair we run down this same road every few years now.

- cold war
- 9/11 and the invasion of the middle east/afghanistan divided the 1st world super powers
- Crimea invasion by Russia let to heated stand offs and big words from multiple world powers
- North Korea with (kind of) Russia/China backing
- Iran and their nuclear programme (now less of an issue)

The Cuban Missile crisis was probably *the* closest we got to actual nukes being launched by two world players.

I mean, I wouldn't panic or worry about it until it's something to worry about.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

Because Freedom, Democray and #.....

Come on any excuse for Chickenhawks to have a war so they have something to watch on TV while eating dinnner.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

Because the current establishment is completely in bed with the current terrorist network in the middle east.
Al-nusra = Al Queda = ISIS.
Yes folks by proxy we are infact the bad guys. let that sink in for a minute.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

From my perspective, it sounds like the U.S. is warning Russia about starting WW3. It's my understanding that the "extremist groups" being mentioned are supported by the U.S. Isn't the warning here that if Russia keeps pushing things, the U.S. is going to respond by proxy?

Your understanding is wrong. The "extremist groups" are the same ones the United States has been fighting in Iraq. Some of the rebels the US and its allies have been supporting have become radicalized and joined with Daesh, but at that point the United States loses influence over them. The warning is not that the United States will start a proxy war, the warning is that Russia is inviting domestic terrorism in the same way the United States' ill advised adventurism in the Islamic world brought terrorism here.

Russia has a large Muslim population thanks to its Eurasian empire. Islamic terrorism there was a problem in the 1990s. If Russia continues to kill Muslims in its near abroad, the Muslims at home may become radicalized and terror will return to the streets of Moscow. Putin's Chechen puppet will not be enough to stop it.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
When I was a kid and read the news about foreign affairs like Vietnam, I never really understood what was going on. I thought it was because I was a kid.

Now that I am an adult, I still don't understand whats going on.

In fact I don't think any of you understand whats going on either. You are all in the dark.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Russia has a large Muslim population thanks to its Eurasian empire. Islamic terrorism there was a problem in the 1990s. If Russia continues to kill Muslims in its near abroad, the Muslims at home may become radicalized and terror will return to the streets of Moscow. Putin's Chechen puppet will not be enough to stop it.

I agree with you on this...the only difference here being...Putin will not dance around the multi/culti...if things start getting heated back home. He's not restrained by appearances and liberal ideologies. I wouldnt put it past him to go full force on the muslim population in Russia if things develop the way you say they will.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I agree with you on this...the only difference here being...Putin will not dance around the multi/culti...if things start getting heated back home. He's not restrained by appearances and liberal ideologies. I wouldnt put it past him to go full force on the muslim population in Russia if things develop the way you say they will.

Putin has made multi-culturalism one of the pillars of his propaganda edifice. Although the Orthodox Church is the preferred faith, he has declared Judaism and Islam to be "Russian religions" and has contributed to the construction of a Jewish library and Muslim mosque. This pretense will not stop him from cultural genocide if he feels it necessary, however. The Chechens, Azeri, and Georgians can attest to this.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Putin has made multi-culturalism one of the pillars of his propaganda edifice.

I wasnt aware of this...

This pretense will not stop him from cultural genocide if he feels it necessary, however.

Agreed. Propaganda is one thing...but if SHTF...I doubt he'll be full of understanding for the "moderate ones".

You can expect aggressive action against.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

Globalism is the long term goal. Think Chelsea Clinton Queen of the world...
Short term it keeps the American military complex well funded and keeps the economy from total destruction.
edit on 29-9-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Are they Russian soldiers being sent back in body bags or are they russian "citizens on vacation" that will be sent back in a body bag?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Please use existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join