It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warning - dont vote 3rd party or Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

in a sense that he/she doesnt have legal authority to change laws or introduce reforms.

Same here.
The President cannot change laws. You should have learned that.

Well, maybe he could have if Obama didn't constantly change laws with his EOs.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
EOs don't change laws.

Ask W.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

in a sense that he/she doesnt have legal authority to change laws or introduce reforms.

Same here.
The President cannot change laws. You should have learned that.

The president of the US has changed many laws! Where have you been for the past 8 years? You usually make a lot of sense with your posts but that one is just wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Anyway...I was rather shocked with this Obama statement for two reasons. It made no sense...and it made me cringe that you president can do this...openly cheer for a candidate.

Considering people/sheeple paradigm...sometimes this is all you need. Just put a talking head in a suit in front of the camera...and people swallow it up. Especially if said head is an authority figure.

From my corner...this is an unfair advantage for the dems. Not that this is the only thing that's unfair about US elections.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I keep hearing people say this about Johnson...can you explain why? Serious question, and I'm okay with links.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'm voting 3rd party. And I don't even care for the particular 3rd party candidate I'm casting a vote for. I'm just voting 3rd party.

It's time.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
So the president of the United States doesn't believe in Democracy? That's just great.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Yes...he's not very pleased if you have opinion that is different then his...and if he could do anything about it...he would force you all one by one to go to the booth and choose his favorite.

It's what this comment comes down to, and frankly I'm a bit appalled that he can do this.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

“If you don’t vote, that’s a vote for Trump,” Obama said during an interview on “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” broadcast Wednesday. “If you vote for a third-party candidate who’s got no chance to win, that’s a vote for Trump. Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Politico

So I'm not privy to rules of the US election, but this here statement from Obama makes no sense what so ever....unless...they know Hillary is losing.

Maybe some of the US members can explain it to me.

This statement from Obama can only make sense to me...if Trump is already far ahead in real votes...not online poles.

Why would voting 3rd party be voting for Trump...if Hillary is ahead as the mainstream media states ?

Please explain guys.

Hi! Longtime fan, first time poster here.

It's because most folks (yes, most) see a Trumpedency as a real downer. Almost as if they don't want it to happen. I guess they don't want any surprises, you know. Getting the word out. Do you stop hustling even though/just because you're leading? That's crazy talk.

I've seen (well, read) the goings on re: this election. What I see is a handful of level-headed posters on either side, and a whole lot of echo chamber stuff drowning it out. It's almost like some of the posters aren't even human. The things they say sometimes doesn't jive with what I believe rational, functional human beings would say. I hope I'm wrong on this, guys.

Anyway, I'm off to the New Members forum for my intro post. See you there, friends.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Lest we forget, the obama administration is the one that legalized propaganda- they can now legally say anything it takes to keep their cronies in power.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

I keep hearing people say this about Johnson...can you explain why? Serious question, and I'm okay with links.

He supports open borders. He got all politically correct on a person doing an interview who said, "illegal alien". Sorry, I don't have issues with people who come here legally and go thru the process of becoming a citizen and are willing to integrate with our laws and culture, but that isn't what is happening. That is my biggest problem I have with him. We are 20 trillion in debt and just how in the hell are we going to support these people when we have homeless of our own we can't? Johnson IMO has evolved into a global puppet.
edit on 29-9-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

“If you don’t vote, that’s a vote for Trump,” Obama said during an interview on “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” broadcast Wednesday. “If you vote for a third-party candidate who’s got no chance to win, that’s a vote for Trump. Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Politico

So I'm not privy to rules of the US election, but this here statement from Obama makes no sense what so ever....unless...they know Hillary is losing.

Maybe some of the US members can explain it to me.

This statement from Obama can only make sense to me...if Trump is already far ahead in real votes...not online poles.

Why would voting 3rd party be voting for Trump...if Hillary is ahead as the mainstream media states ?

Please explain guys.

This is actually common in every election. Its the same two party fascist crap each candidates party tries to throw out in each election as a scare tactic. We did have two elections in recent history that were won be a candidate because a third party managed to suck off a significant portion of the electorate to turn the election. So its been a major concern for both sides.

Hell, I can't even begin to tell you how many Trump supporters want to flip out on me saying I'm giving a vote to Hillary by voting for Johnson. Same crap, different pile.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

No one is going to relax and assume a win even though it looks very likely. They don't take anything for granted. They're not resting on their laurels or breaking out the champagne just yet.
These people work. They know what's at stake.
As long as trump is running of course there's a chance he could win.
Clinton's team assumes nothing.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Gary Johnson has proven in the past two weeks that he doesn't know anything about the world and is woefully uninformed. He couldn't name a single world leader he admires. Couldn't come up with a single name. Didn't know what never mind where Allepo is. Admits he's a pot head.

Voting for him is a completely WASTED vote.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: collietta

I find it appalling that people are saying they are being bullied into voting for anyone.
Did some guy throw you up against a wall take your milk money and say you better vote for Hillary or else while mimicking a knife across the throat with a hand gesture?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You always make me laugh.
Trump is winning. That's so funny. Thanks for the giggle.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61
The president of the US has changed many laws! Where have you been for the past 8 years?

Can you name one?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that Obama saying don't vote Trump or 3rd party, means to do exactly that to a lot of people in America.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Greetings! We do have left and right here. In fact, citizens as a group are not as divided as the main political parties are. It is the parties that are polarized, not the citizenry. To explain....

American government from the beginning was set up with 3 branches of equal power. We have a President (executive), a Congress (the lawmakers), and a Supreme Court (to make rulings on laws). And our President is seen as the leader of the party from which s/he comes from, so has no restraints as far as campaigning for another party member.

From the founding, two political parties were formed, with the idea that members would COMPROMISE in Congress to get things done. Up until about 20 years ago, both parties included liberals, conservatives, and moderates, who would "cross the aisle" to vote on legislation. In the 1980s, liberals started to leave one party, and conservatives started to leave the other. In the 1990s. one party became increasingly conservative, refusing to work with members who were not conservative enough; many of its members left that party and became members of the other party.

Today, we have one party that contains liberals and conservative moderates, but the other party is home to only conservatives who 20 years ago were considered far right or extreme. Because our parties are not forced to establish coalitions, one party has acted as obstructionist (through the last two presidential terms of office) to the other party's legislation and work. This is not how our system was supposed to work.

At the national level, we have only two dominant parties. Third parties have formed from time to time at the national level, but they do not get enough votes to win. Oh, that is another thing about our system. We have a "winner takes all" voting system. We do not have proportional/representational voting, as other countries might have. Our system was based on the idea that party members would COMPROMISE to make things work; there would be no need to seat other parties in Congress.

Actually, there are dozens of other political parties, but they function at the local (city or county) level or at best the state level (Libertarian, Green). For a third party to have the national political power of the two major parties, they would need to take more political control within each state, establishing themselves as real alternatives, or our voting system would need to be changed to proportional representational (these are MAJOR changes, not easily done).

We have 50 states, and each state is left to run its own political campaigns and elections, both for state and national elections. Which is why a presidential election can last months, but we don't normally have such long election periods as this one has been! This election cycle has been more of a reality show rather than the election cycles we have been accustomed to.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
I'm pretty sure that Obama saying don't vote Trump or 3rd party, means to do exactly that to a lot of people in America.

Why would that be?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join