It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've come back to this...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hey ATS. Some ATS members might remember me, some might not. Either way... WTF?

I've come back this website full of political trolling and throwing crap at each other. Sure, I was guilty of it couple years ago, but this has gone full blown political nuke.

I miss the days when we were talking about everything else...

I love you ATS but can we back off the political bs for a day. Don't we get enough of that crap everywhere else?

Just sayin'.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hey I remember you!

Put your waders on because it's deep in here

Welcome back,

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Thanks!

Indeed it is. I lurked for awhile, but damn after reading some threads this has got a little crazy (even for me and thats bad). More than it used to be.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful
Hey ATS. Some ATS members might remember me, some might not. Either way... WTF?

I've come back this website full of political trolling and throwing crap at each other. Sure, I was guilty of it couple years ago, but this has gone full blown political nuke.

I miss the days when we were talking about everything else...

I love you ATS but can we back off the political bs for a day. Don't we get enough of that crap everywhere else?

Just sayin'.

-SAP-

Well everything else us just as much bs. People are starting to get wise to the bull crap.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Can't argue with that.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Welcome to the election season from Hell. No one really wants either one to win, but I think everyone wants one of them less than the other.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

So come on back into the fold and help kick it back up a notch!. We could use a few returning originals to bring back the old status quo!

The "freedom of expression" thing like other newer forum sites has taken hold by the younger membership who are used to saying whatever, whenever as they do elsewhere these days. Not all of them...and a lot of them have some great and new insights which we can use as well, but certainly...our tide has turned a bit.

Welcome back. Please speak your mind! Peace!
MS

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thank you for your welcome. I will try cause as little chaos as possible... Or will I...?

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Hey friend. The universe is MADE out of Chaos...Its our job to find something useful in it all....!

Talk with you soon on the boards...still got your tinfoil hat? Now a days here..we need to double line' em...just to be safe!

Cya........MS

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It's the same crap we see every election cycle. This one is a bit more vitriolic, but look at the two top nominees. It will calm down again come the start of the new year.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

i wish i could share your optimism - but i forsee continuted wingnuttery :

with claims that :

the election was rigged

the winner is not elligable to be president

the winner should be in jail

the would would ne a bitter place of < insert > was president

impeach the president NOW

and so on

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm New here, but Welcome Back!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
i try to stick.. with politics when meeting folks in public for the first time...religion too...maybe thats why i am not making many friends at bars and stuff!

ATS is a great place for topics other than politics, i agree and fully support your OP!
thanks for the thread@!
hi i am peppy, havent noticed you here,,its nice to say hello and write words on screen...
well take care, Sloanpainful...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

It's political season. So, while I agree with the fact that political mud-slinging is rampant, tis the season. That being said - the problem is that too many people believe they're the experts and know what "we really need" - when in fact they're actually just armchair experts who really have no foundation to make an argument. Although, that's kind of the M.O. of ATS these last few years.

That being said, the mud-slinging could also be amplified by the fact that we have two garbage candidates pointing fingers at each other to try and make the other pile of garbage seem like a bigger pile of garbage. We're also seriously treating these debates and elections as if they're the next biggest thing akin to sporting events. Seriously, have you seen the promo bumps for them? Is this for a new leader for our country, or a football game?

Bottom line, it's here...and no one's going to do anything about it - because that's the kind of society we live in. One where people do a lot of nothing.

a reply to: ignorant_ape

Maaaaan, you and I are ancient. Shouldn't we be whacking the newer members with sticks, and yelling at them to get off our lawn?

It's good to see a familiar face still hangin' around.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It's bonkers and great entertainment
....but then I remember what will happen when either gets in
If you have been away do you think the site is leaning left or right at the moment (obvious but would like your own opinion).

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Hey SAP , welcome back.
A divisive election has led to a divided ATS , hopefully normal service will be resumed in a few weeks but until then every sneeze or stumble will be accompanied by its own thread of claim and counter claim.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm waiting for all the Prophecies and Predictions stuff to start up again, but that all seems to be carried in politics these days.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

SloAnPainful,

It is an irony that your username describes perfectly, the very election process which has spawned this terrible state of affairs.

Every second or third thread is either directly related to, or tangentially linked with the election, and either one of the two entirely unacceptable candidates, which makes denying ignorance lately, more of a case of repeating the mantra "You are blind if you believe either one to be less evil and corrupt than the other".

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hey again SAP. welcome back to the Hotel california. SUch a lovely place.

new topics

top topics

join