It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of the soul?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There are many ppl whom loses their personalities, egos, even thoughts, emotions, what does that leave for brain to do? Just habit the body? Many of them claim, what is left is the higher self, the soul that opens up whole new world to them.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes sir. And you can have my body too, since that's something I believe in.

And I hope there's some kind of artistic dark ritual in the woods or your basement for the soul possessing. That would be fun.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigtrousers

Throw a glass marble at a brick wall and shatter it into a thousand pieces. Now where is the marble? Still there. Only changed form into pieces.

The glass came from substance, molded into something else, used for still something more as a game piece, thrown and shattered completely apart...and now tiny glittering pieces all over the ground...where it came from originally.

And those tiny unidentifiable shards of glass...can still cut your feet. There would be no point of life if we only lived it once-pass or fail.

And the rock in my front yard doesnt move itself, change positions, grow or shrink, think, talk, replicate or end its own life/cycle...unless I throw it against the wall...and its still there....

The soul is eternal. Life is not..
edit on 29-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: gremlins crawling

link   

Duplicate thread
edit on 29-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

link   

Triplicate thread! (Gremlins)
edit on 29-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
And I hope there's some kind of artistic dark ritual in the woods or your basement for the soul possessing. That would be fun.

We shall consult the Necronomicon and determine what blasphemous ritual we should employ.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise
How admirable...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

ill believe it once its backed up by evidence.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Yea but you never asked for my soul, ever. So if you want it, come and get it big boy.

Or fight Augustus for it. I'll film it. It'll be a nice memory to look back on, I promise.

(but for real please come to the United States and take my mind, body and soul. I love you so much forever no matter what!)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

We live in a mighty big world where lack of evidence of real things is everywhere...yet they exist. Unless of course you believe youre NEO and living in a Matrix.

I'd figure that may be the case for you. What color is the sky in your world?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Get a room!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1

In all seriousness can you cite where there is evidence that a soul dies? There is no scientific way to measure the existence of a soul, so this leaves faith. Most faiths state that the soul (or its equivalent) is immortal.

So yes please tell us where you got this from.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: selfharmonise

Oh you bet your bottoms I have a room. And you're invited, too.

For soul feasting. You coming?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Interesting post. Depending on what study you're following the soul can be looked at as being many possible things. While some paths say that your soul is connected only to your singular body and that's it, others say that the soul is an ever present entity in an endless amount of vessels through time or even dimensions. To suggest that a soul might be a parasite isn't something new. Some look into old belief studies suggest that ghosts are souls and that certain levels of spiritual ability can allow the ghost or poltergeist to possess another person. In this study it's widely suggested that these entities are parasitic,feeding off of the hosts kinetic energies. Now if you look at a different study it suggests that souls are something which is tied to the endless string or destiny which has been foretold or written or whatever. In this study when one vessel dies the soul will move to a new body, usually said to be a newborn or such. In some of these studies it suggests that in each of the souls returning that the person will be conected to that same destiny as all vessels before it. Now whether you are supposed to pay for the past vessels sins or like keep trying to reach a certain goal or are supposed to avenge your past depends on what field of study you believe or if you believe in something else I dunno. Thanks for posting

My original profile is toraylin
I don't remember the password...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I really like that! I would like to believe the same thing, our souls are who we are and our bodies are just our instruments to express that.

I think we are not humans that have spiritual experiences, but rather spiritual beings that have human experiences... if we were just bodies without souls than surely that would mean all that really matters is what we are on the outside.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kimberley

You've put this into a much better way than I could.... I believe bodies are temporary ...soul-eternal

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If we are bodys then we are bodys within a greater body
A product of that greater body
When our bodys cease to be
The greater body still exists

All things are conceived, born and die
The cycle we are a part of goes on
Life goes on and is full of surprises

"Life is a great surprise.
I do not see why death should
Not be an even greater surprise"