It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some need to just stop it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I am putting this here in Religious Conspiracies because to me, it's a type of conspiracy by misrepresentation of ones self. A mod may want to move it to "rants" and that's fine. Lately, we have people here, some old and some new, that seem like they are enjoying themselves talking as if they were a demi god, savior etc...speaking in such a manner that no one actually speaks in. Some that have been here awhile didn't speak this way in the past on the board, but do now. You know darn good a and well, no one leaves their computer in their home and continues speaking that way, so why are they doing it on the board? It's ridiculous and it makes people not look at them seriously......just talk normal...not like when you come on this board your suddenly empowered with some spiritual higher knowledge....it fools no one. Stop playing games and be yourself, you can express yourself without all the dramatics and little mind games.
I'll go sit down and shut up now.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Tell me about it!

Anway laterz!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
My spiritual self connecting with quazaculatoin, u cant see, undersatnd, up down, of the holy universe, doesn't understand.
Yeah i agree with you.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yekway
Tell me about it!

Anway laterz!

Careful with them short posts like that, posters get punished for that stuff now. I've got hit for some goofy 'mistakes' myself in fact. Just thought I'd let ya know in case you didn't know already!

LadyV,
Who or what style of posts are you talking about anyway??

The kind that use language in an attempt to sound like some "Ancient Mystic" speaking in "The Lost Pure Tongue" only to end up sounding like someone without a proper vocabulary and no sense of sentence structure???

Or

The kind that is more comprehendible than the former example, at least slightly, but is still more or less a confusing mess of Self-Righteous, Ego-Centric, "Preaching" as if they are The Moses of the New Age??

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

The kind that use language in an attempt to sound like some "Ancient Mystic" speaking in "The Lost Pure Tongue" only to end up sounding like someone without a proper vocabulary and no sense of sentence structure???

That'd be the type! It drives me nuts because it sounds so fake! We do have some very intelligent people here that do have mystical experience. If they don't speak that way...the others sure don't have to ....it makes them appear to be little wanna bees in seach of attention!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
LOl, i think you've clearly identified atleast one mystic tongued perp! I dont even bother to read his longwinded crazy rants.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
its no worse than the posts that run on and on with no punctuatrion bad spleeing grammar nonexistant and you get to the point that you dont know what they are saying and dont care personally i just dont read those posts i figure they dont have anything i want to hear if i have to work that hard to figure out what they ar saying
those people prolly arent gonna change so *shrugs*

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's funny.....try googling some of the user names and you get some interesting things...even from those that are oh so "mystical"

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Doh!

From time to time I lapse into a bit of Joycean grammar, and spell a few things wrong.

I really hope your not talking about me.....

I must admit it frustrates me when people seem to make no effort at all to write clearly...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I dunno, Lady V...your complaint reminds me of the snickering disdain I'd hear in a classroom when the nerdy kid at the front comes out with a quote from Carl Jung about alchemy or something. No-one else reads Carl Jung in the class but him, right? Everybody just rolls their eyes and looks to the fun loving ribald class clown for comic relief because the nerds intelligence just makes them nervous.

I think ATS should aspire to the very best language in posting...not dumbed down to purile pap.

I guess I'd rather speak and write to the best of my ability and take the shots for being a 'poser'as dues.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I've not seen anyone like this so far on ATS. Perhaps, I just don't click into the Religious conspiracy forum often enough. I do remember one person who claimed to be a prophet though and I know someone who claims the Zetans are involved in everything wrong in the world.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
How can you ask someone to stop being themselves?
These people you speak of, if consistently speak that way, they must believe it, who are we to ask them to change their beliefs?

The only thing we can do is not respond or show interest in their threads and comments. Or if you must take it up directly with them, perhaps they don't even realize what they are doing wrong in your eyes.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I think ATS should aspire to the very best language in posting...not dumbed down to purile pap.

You are soooo not understanding what I am talking about here at all! I am not referring to those that have proper command in language...I am referring to those that try to speak as if they are possessed by a mystic from the other side or something.....not speaking normally as they would within everyday speech...like you and I are doing right now, and like they no doubt do away from this board. Anyone can do this....it's has nothing to do with intelligence or command of the English language what so ever....

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
How can you ask someone to stop being themselves?
These people you speak of, if consistently speak that way, they must believe it, who are we to ask them to change their beliefs?

That's just it...they don't consistently speak that way....some are here for a short time...some, if you read what I said, didn't start out speaking that way, but they do now...others just do sometimes

EDITED:

"And I ask of you now, pass me your salt, so I may use it, for if you do not, I shall be forever, saltless"
You think people really talk like that at home, at work, at the store....give me abreak!

[edit on 1/22/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
maybe they have multiple personalties? or maybe the "spirit" that they believe in is really upon them, how can we judge. I rather ignore than ask them to change, unless it becomes harmful, there's no issue.

anyways, it's your rant, I don't mean to take away from your right to vent either, just wanted to add my opinion.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
maybe they have multiple personalties? or maybe the "spirit" that they believe in is really upon them,

Yep, and it's always "upon them" when they are here on the boards...see my "Edited" on the post before this one.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ok Lady V...I think I'm beginning to understand...it's like they start using dead phrases lifted out of time and sandwiching it between common contemporary language.

For instance; "...Lo' I am the bearer of dire Death, coming here shortly to get you'se".

)

yea...that'd drive me wonky too...

sorry for the misunderstanding...maybe I should haunt 'Religions' for a bit...I do love theologies of every stripe.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You mean like this????

And yea though the sheep shall lay with the chicken and eat unto its dead flesh and their spawn shall be as pigs roasting in the BBQ of Shaitan

Verily I say unto you you filthy pig and your filthy piglets and also unto Tiger and the Flinger of Pooh the streets shall run with the blood of the unbelievers

I cast my righteous damnation unto ye and shall cast thee out of the garden of olives. Ye shall leave on your pig-feet with your pig-tails tucked between thine legs and shalt sizzle-lean in the fires of hell.

And the smoke from your bacon shall rise up, up and away unto our father, the spirit in the sky and his mouth shall water and his blessings shall dribble down upon us.

Yea thou sinner that lay with his sister as if she were a alter boy and smokes UNFILTERED cigarettes after he spread his pork seed.

The minions of shaitan and also the teletubies and some of the muppets shall flee my righteous feces of the bull crying "save me miss piggy" but it shall be for not.

And Lo I say unto you I am the EGGMAN I am also the walrus koo koo kachew.

I hope this cleared everything up

some times you just have to answer them in their own language

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Naw, Amuk...that there is poetry of the highest order...Im waiting patiently for Lady V's reply on that one.

heh heh

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Damn it Amuk...now I gotta clean the diet sprite off the monitor!

new topics

top topics

join