It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must we pay for our Internet?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Paying for internet is paying for satellite and communication tower. If you want free internet make one yourself.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You should be mOiOm is typographical more symmetrical

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8
a reply to: mOjOm

You should be mOiOm is typographical more symmetrical

My way has a bit more character though. But I like the way you're mind works.

edit on 28-9-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
a reply to: galien8
I already did pay.
The US government and military used my tax dollars to create the internet in the first place. That is why the internet abides by the constitution and why it must remain free, open source, and controlled by the user not the provider.

After 2001, MI5 began accessing a huge amount of telephone communications data without any independant oversight, it's probably still the case even though they say there is a 'traffic light' system in use that modifies the usage. The NSA is something similar, and so going by Snowden, it's a good bet that there is a dossier for everyone.
Thing is, there are at least a couple of reasons not to take the word of these secret services, (1) they routinely deal in criminal acts for the secret service, and (2) have been known to engage in spying for personal gain.
MI5 in the UK is expanding fast, and has offices now in most big cities in the UK and Northern Ireland. Military and police would also have access, and I think it is fair to say that those groupings have their own percentages of mavericks who could use information for their personal gain.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: JAY1980
I already did pay.
The US government and military used my tax dollars to create the internet in the first place. That is why the internet abides by the constitution and why it must remain free, open source, and controlled by the user not the provider.

After 2001, MI5 began accessing a huge amount of telephone communications data without any independant oversight, it's probably still the case even though they say there is a 'traffic light' system in use that modifies the usage. The NSA is something similar, and so going by Snowden, it's a good bet that there is a dossier for everyone.
Thing is, there are at least a couple of reasons not to take the word of these secret services, (1) they routinely deal in criminal acts for the secret service, and (2) have been known to engage in spying for personal gain.
MI5 in the UK is expanding fast, and has offices now in most big cities in the UK and Northern Ireland. Military and police would also have access, and I think it is fair to say that those groupings have their own percentages of mavericks who could use information for their personal gain.

YES!
They datamine a profile dossier on every citizen, fully automated, robot profilers, in principle they can have a predestination computer (a huge datacenter) controlling the cyber economy based on these robot generated profiles, I mean controlling the whole internet, for instance you can think you have bought for $500 5,000 clicks at Google Adwords, but maybe the ads were never shown, the statistics you get from Google Adwords and Google Analytics could be fake, the predestination computer could do this because in the robot profile dossier it says your a rebel without applause a trol.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You honestly don't know why you pay the ISP for their service? Or is this just a rant?

I doubt anyone is hunting you down unless you deserve it.

Why should we pay for something that is mainly intended to spy and manipulate us? Than it should be free just like facebook, twitter, gmail etc., which is also mainly intended to gather information. Get it? The governments should pay the ISPs, the governments are the ones that are doing the spying and manipulating I meant.
edit on 2016-9-29 by galien8 because: typo

edit on 2016-9-29 by galien8 because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join