It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unable to Upload...Says I am Running an Ad Blocker?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Just like the title says, I am unable to upload anything to ATS. The upload page says I am running an ad blocker, which I do have as an add on to google chrome, but it has always been off for this site.

I see plenty of ads, so I know that the ad blocker is not working on the site on my end.

I wanted to upload a new avatar. The one I have is from earlier in the year when Negan made his appearance on TWD...
Of course, with the season premier around the corner, I guess it is appropriate again, lol.

TIA!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Its blocking from an addon or extension, or another setting outside the normal settings. Its on one of something..and being detected as on all......

Sorry cant help more...maybe go back to installs youve done or visits....find a date when it was good...and do a system restore to beyond that point back.

Sorry...maybe others have better advice
edit on 28-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: add

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I'd try disabling the extension and then just seeing if your browser then allows you to upload.

As far as I know/tested a whitelisted adblocker should still allow you to upload.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

I'd try disabling the extension and then just seeing if your browser then allows you to upload.

As far as I know/tested a whitelisted adblocker should still allow you to upload.

~Tenth

I did this, restarted chrome and it worked. Thanks!

I'm happy with my new avatar, LOL.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

clearing browser cache worked here

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I've had this problem as well even though I have ABP disabled on the site. I just use CCleaner to clear the cache and it goes back to normal, sometimes it takes a few minutes though.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Try using another browser for the task , which will save you all the hassle like F/FOX
edit on 28/9/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Welp, that was short lived. Checked the whitelisted sites and ATS is on there.

I see ads, and I do not mind having ads on ATS bc I do enjoy this site.

Any other ideas? I don't want to have to exit Chrome and log back in, etc. I could use Safari, but I don't really care for it.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I´m on firefox but I can attest, whitelisting ATS will enable you to upload. You don´t have to disable it completely. I get zero ads but on integrated youtube videos, I´ll get a banner. Nothing else.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Try using another browser for the task , which will save you all the hassle like F/FOX

I don't have ffox. I have Chrome and Safari...

Safari it is, I guess.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Your avatar is kinda perfect for that post lol

join