It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Storm Matthew

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: speeddr2000

The forecast has become more dour since your post.
We're you in Florida for Andrew?
I was in the home furnishings business here in Virginia.
When they had to abandon homestead air force base many residents were transferred here to Langley. I did a booming business that year because those people lost everything. From bedding to stereos to pots and pans.
Please heed any evacuation orders. You can get new stuff. You can't replace lives.
Good luck.

wasn't here for Andrew. Stayed for George and Wilma tho. For where i live i only got rain for 10 mins maybe a few gust to 30. Andrew spared the Keys but Miami had it bad. I want to see where the loop goes in another 5 days.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
All is fairly quiet and still well here fwiw. Thinking we are far enough west to miss almost everything.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hurricane Matthew finally made landfall just southeast of McClellanville SC. I still can't find out if they evacuated the Red Wolves from the Seewee environmental center. This area is part of the Frances Marion National Forest also bordering the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge and the inter coastal waterway just north of Mt Pleasant where many very nice women make sweetgrass baskets for tourists to supplement their incomes.

Already scammers are getting in on the storm action.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is warning residents to watch for fraudulent emails that have shown up as Hurricane Matthew moved along the coast.

The governor said Saturday that people are receiving emails stating that they have an update on power outages. Haley said the email provides a link to get the update.

The governor said those who click on the link have opened their computer to hackers.

Haley says it's important for people to be sure they recognize the sender of emails before opening them. She says those from unknown senders should be deleted.

abcnews.go.com...

I'm including a live cam from Myrtle Beach, altho the storm is about 50 miles south, it's still working.
www.earthcam.com...

I'm devastated this area is taking the brunt of the storm. The Waccamaw Powwow is in just a couple of weeks and they were flooded out last year as well with a stalled rainstorm. It's their yearly fundraiser for educational programs. Despite Myrtle beach getting all the tourist hype, you don't have to go far afield to find all kinds of cultural activities continuing.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join