It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Iraq elections Ads, featuring Allawi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is a compilation of advertisements, one of which features Iyad Allawi.
I thought it was very interesting, especially the ending as it shows US troops leaving with the line:
"They move on, and we stay".

It sounds as if they are either planning to ask the troops to leave after the elections or just appealing to the Iraqis who want the troops to leave.

Iraq Elections campaign Ad.wmv (Streaming Media)

Here's the site for the Future Iraq Assembly:
www.futureiraq.org...

[edit on 22-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
From the 19th of this month, AceOfBase.

The attacks came as Iraq's interim prime minister, Ayad Allawi, said he would reveal plans next week for an accelerated buildup of those forces to prepare for an eventual American withdrawal.

Responding to political pressures within Iraq ahead of the Jan. 30 elections and mounting questions in Washington about the prospects for an American pullout, Dr. Allawi said he had been talking with the United States commanders in Baghdad about ways to accelerate the "training, equipping and deploying" of Iraqi security forces.

He added that "this in turn will accelerate the drawdown and gradual withdrawal of the multinational forces in Iraq." Those forces are made up of about 150,000 troops from the United States and upward of 25,000 from other nations.

--snip--

"I will be explaining this carefully planned process - what I call a 'conditions based' rather than a 'calendar based' gradual withdrawal program, in more detail next week," Dr. Allawi told reporters at a ceremony at Baghdad airport.

5 Car Bombs Rock Baghdad in Effort to Disrupt Elections

Perhaps this is what he is hinting at?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Perhaps but I think the Ad with the troops leaving may not be his.

When I originaly watched the video, I thought it was a compilation of Ads from Allawi's campaign.

It appears instead to be a compilation of various ads from Iraq and Allawi's was just one of many.

Here's the MEMRI trancript of the videos:
memritv.org...

CNN has an article on the ads:

CNN: Iraq vote ads
In addition to their Western look and feel, they carry Western messages such as freedom, tolerance and inclusion.

Powerful, slickly produced, and delivered primarily with music and images, they send the message that Kurds, Shiites and Sunnis are all Iraqis and in order to succeed, one has to leave animosity behind, embrace the future and give the young generation a chance at a better life.

The nature of the group producing the ads is unclear.

While the Future Iraq Assembly claims to be "comprised of a number of scholars, businesspersons, and activists who share a common and firm belief in freedom and progress for all Iraqi people," there is no indication whether it is made up of Iraqis.

The group's Web site says it is "the watchful eye over Iraqi Interests." Nowhere on the site does the group name its members, founders or financiers.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well, I like the videos, no matter who's behind them , at least they show positive statements and beliefs about tolerance.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here's a copy of just the video of the troops leaving:

Iraq Elections Broadcast, soldiers leaving, 2005-01-12 (MEMRI).zip

It looks like this video may come true as the person who may win the upcoming elections has said that he wants the foreign troops to leave:
Leading candidate in Iraq elections wants US out ASAP

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Another ad was aired yesterday, this one is directed towards Saddam supporters.

It start out as a cartoon and then goes into live persons.

Iraqi Elections Broadcast to Former Saddam Supporters (streaming Media)

memritv.org...
Iraqi Elections Broadcast to Former Saddam Supporters: There is Always Another Option

The following is an Iraqi elections broadcast aired on Al-Iraqiya TV on January 23, 2005:

The High Commission for Elections in Iraq

There is always another option.

Iraq's free thought.

Would-be terrorist: Hello. I'm coming now.

TV screen: Democracy is the Iraqis' way to self-determination.

Would-be terrorist: Self–determination… I'll show you democracy…

TV screen: Any Iraqi is the son of Iraq, and has the right to be the decision maker.

There is always another option.

Iraq's free thought.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thank you very much, I really enjoyed that pro Iraq campaign add. It made me feel excited for the people of Iraq. The people of Iraq will be overcoming a disease. It gives me the same feeling of a country overcoming slavery. I am excited for them
Perhaps Iraq will one day become a super power in the world with beautiful buildings and gardens. Perhaps join the established space nations.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I just noticed these ad campaigns on BBC's World Service where they have a little slideshow of the variety of commericals (& quality thereof).
About the 'US Troops leaving' commercial mentioned above and the one on the BBC 'I want to be an ambassador' (looks like an Iraqi Julia Roberts) or any other produced by Future Iraq Assembly: these I can firmly say are not produced from an Iraqii source. It is too glaring in its contrast of quality to other campaign efforts; I suppose the creators of these ads do not seem concerned with outside viewers realizing as such, the impact within is what they are designed for, but I would think that they would've purposely have toned down the quality so as to not blow away the competition... a comparison I would draw is a national Lexus commercial vs. a local Ford dealer jabbering on his lot about how 'everything must go'.
These adverts are produced / directed / written by well trained media types from the US and or Britain. The camera work and whole layout is simply too refined and trained to be produced by Iraqiis. Not to say the Iraqiis can not eventually produce such quality stuff, but there is no 'Mecca' in Iraq devoted to the learning, refinement, and art of media as such. Alot of what they are currently capable of is within the infancy of mass media: 2D, head-on, bleached colors, incorrect lighting, shot on video (as opposed to $$ 35 film). -speaking broadly, there are alway exceptions-
In short, I would love to know the director of those slick ads: or to trace where these are initiated from. (and their website is slick in it design too)

If anyone knows of existing Iraqii media of this refinement, please let me know, so I can shove my foot in my mouth.

new topics

top topics

join