It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling is not a sign of disrespect

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Kneeling is not a sign of disrespect!

(Unless you just planted your knee in somebody's groin. That could be construed as disrespectful).

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Kneeling when you are supposed to stand is obviously an act of disrespect.

thats my problem
the supposed to stand part
eh

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Slight over reaction dont you think? Slight issue with a megalomania type arrogance.

Tell me VC, are all cops good and decent people to you, do you think all cops are wonderful human beings, beyond error, saints of the holy precinct

It scares me when people deify others

Pull them all out hey? You the dictator now, extremists, no better than those you attack

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Trump needs to read the definition, kneeling is an act of submission.

Trump needs a lot of things, but that's another matter.

Just a little background, at first, Kaepernick just sat during the anthem. Then, one of his team players (Eric Reed) approached him in hopes to understand his protest, saying that his sitting was an insult to our service members. After that discussion, he JOINED Kaepernick in kneeling, instead of sitting, out of respect for our service members. So, in this case, kneeling (instead of sitting) is a sign of respect, not submission.

I haven't paid much attention to this whole thing, but have been a bit curious why people are making such a huge deal out of this, so thank you BH for clarifying what the actual story behind this is!

Apparently there are a LOT of snowflakes who simply need safe spaces to watch football with no anthem-kneeling, because they're so easily triggered.

I find it disturbing and hilarious how blind to their own hypocrisy the people who are so bothered by this are!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Really difficult to believe that all veterans or this supposed union you are implying condoned kneeling during the national anthem but I'll have to take your word on that one. Can't ever see any service man ever saying that when the anthem means alot to them.

It's not saying shut up or leave. Lol. It's saying you don't like america then stop disrespecting it and leave.

I would love to to see them kneel during a minute silence. Do they kneel during the memory of a young black kid who was innocent, killed by LEO'S unlawfully, as a political protest. Of course not.
I think the same respect should be applied to all colours myself.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: MamaJ

If you spent as much time Googling what NFL players do for the inner cities, as opposed to looking for anything negative, you'll find out how out of touch you are with reality. You know nothing about this. Just what you THINK.

I have... take your own advice because you are showing yourself to be having a knee jerk reaction without really knowing what you are talking about.

Again you seem to not understand the problem nor how to repair it.

I've never disagreed they (the NFL players) don't contribute to charities as a matter of fact I stated they should and do because of their taxes.

I also stated they may do it out of their business plan and not from the heart.

Even stated selling a home to a NFL player who chooses the study marijuana as his charity.

I stated my opinion in regards how to repair such a problem and you still continue to not understand the solution is quite simple and has nothing to do with kneeling.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Slight over reaction dont you think? Slight issue with a megalomania type arrogance.

Tell me VC, are all cops good and decent people to you, do you think all cops are wonderful human beings, beyond error, saints of the holy precinct

It scares me when people deify others

Pull them all out hey? You the dictator now, extremists, no better than those you attack

No...no overreaction here. No...not all cops are decent people. Not deifying anyone at all.

You think all the protesters are good and decent? They are encouraging the entire country to protest. Do the police not have the same right?

The problem is that all the country is doing is focusing on the negative which helps nobody. So pull them out to show just how much positive they have done. People would quickly realize their error and things could move on.

I am as sure that not all cops are good as I am that not all people are good....

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join