It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Kneeling is not a sign of disrespect

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Kneeling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kneeling is a basic human position where one or both knees touch the ground. It is used as a resting position, during childbirth and as an expression of reverence and submission. It is possible to kneel with one leg and assume another position (such as squatting) with the other leg.

They kneel for Royalty, they kneel for the Pope, they kneel to pray, so why is kneeling for the National Anthem a sign of disrespect? Is it actually a law that we must stand for it? No. I think this whole broohaha over these people kneeling is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Kneel before me, peasants!

Kneeling is submitting. You can kneel if you want to- and so can they. I figure anyone has the right to submit to whatever they want.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
Kneeling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kneeling is a basic human position where one or both knees touch the ground. It is used as a resting position, during childbirth and as an expression of reverence and submission. It is possible to kneel with one leg and assume another position (such as squatting) with the other leg.

They kneel for Royalty, they kneel for the Pope, they kneel to pray, so why is kneeling for the National Anthem a sign of disrespect? Is it actually a law that we must stand for it? No. I think this whole broohaha over these people kneeling is ridiculous.

Anyone can think what they want about it. Fact is, the guy that started it, Kaepernik, did it because he is just a cop hater.

Just search for his socks he wore to training...little pigs dressed as cops. Hard to take someone serious when they are just acting like the spoiled brat they are....

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Of course what it all comes down to is how it is interpreted by another and in present day Amerika that will be hyperbolic.

Personally I find it a Peaceful and Subtle Protest.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

They kneel for Royalty, they kneel for the Pope, they kneel to pray, so why is kneeling for the National Anthem a sign of disrespect?

It's not. People just love to complain and bitch about how other people behave. There's NOTHING wrong with expressing one's beliefs, feelings or opinions, by kneeling or doing a jig. People have too much time on their hands and have their nose in everyone else's business.

Kneeling during the National Anthem, as people are doing today, is just a way of bringing attention to the fact that this country has some problems which need to be addressed. It's no different from holding a sign, having a sit-in or marching peacefully.

The people upset by this are just looking for stuff to be offended by. They need a safe space where they don't have to see anyone kneeling, I guess. I would wager that if someone were kneeling to protest BLM, these same people would be joining them! Hypocrites!
edit on 9/28/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He is a cop hater or hate what some cops have done
Some cops shouldn't be and need to be chased out

Wearing a badge doesn't mean you deserve it, plenty corruption in the police force, did you not notice?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've got the obvious answer. You kneel to propose. YIKES!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

They kneel for Royalty, they kneel for the Pope, they kneel to pray, so why is kneeling for the National Anthem a sign of disrespect?

Because they told you to stand. Sounds ridiculous, but there it is. Conform, submit, obey. They can't have people going off and doing their own thing, interpreting the rules any which way. Pretty soon, there be individuals that supersede the authority of the state...

There will be anarchy!

edit on 28-9-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Love that clip - one of my favorite movies. And I agree 100%.

They told us to stand. If we don't stand, they make trouble for us. Trump tells those who kneel to leave the country. If you don't conform and submit, then LEAVE.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Wearing a badge doesn't mean you deserve it, plenty corruption in the police force, did you not notice?

I don't recall anyone specifying certain cops....seems they want them all gone.

I say pull them all out...see how the towns work out for themselves. I wonder who would be crying then
...likely all those saying how bad guns are and don't have any.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Trump needs to read the definition, kneeling is an act of submission.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

It's clear that you have done no research to see what is actually being protested. But, instead, you have decided that they hate all cops. That's just ignorance of the facts.

Educate yourself. It's not cops that are the problem. What is being protested is a system that puts cops who murder unarmed black men on paid leave.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

How many people need to die from the hands of cops for you to understand that there is an epidemic out there, it is not all cops and last I looked there were some black cops involved in shooting black people. But kneeling is a sign of submission, therefore, there is no disrespect involved in this form of protest, if anything is a bigger sign of respect in submissive form.

Now maybe if they jump up and down and act like clowns during the anthem people would really have something to complain about, especially if they actually dress up like those creepy scary clowns.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Trump needs to read the definition, kneeling is an act of submission.

Trump needs a lot of things, but that's another matter.

Just a little background, at first, Kaepernick just sat during the anthem. Then, one of his team players (Eric Reed) approached him in hopes to understand his protest, saying that his sitting was an insult to our service members. After that discussion, he JOINED Kaepernick in kneeling, instead of sitting, out of respect for our service members. So, in this case, kneeling (instead of sitting) is a sign of respect, not submission.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Wearing a jersey doesn't mean you understand anything about reality, plenty of ignorance in the NFL, did you notice?
His girlfriend is a huge BLM advocate that's where this is coming from.
This pos will never experience anything close to police brutality.
You wanna kneel for the anthem?
Cool you can sit the whole game out for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I heard he was about to get cut because he sucks so bad and this was a way of preventing that. Can't get rid of him now or he will just claim it's because of racism and his protest.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Didn't you hear? J.J. Abrams rebooted the National Anthem. Now you can stand, sit or kneel during it and show respect.

edit on 28-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Trump needs a lot of things, but that's another matter.

Did you lose your train of thought or just Trump on the brain?

link   

Kneeling is not a sign of disrespect

This is an opinion.. everyone has one.

We all have the right to stand, kneel, lay down... that's what they fought for and this is my opinion although I find it disrespectful I still don't care that much about it to cry and whine and or protest.

There are so many issues within this world... kneeling isn't an issue I care to keep stirring up in the pot.

I wish the WWW. and television would cease to exist and the world go back to appreciating one another and nature. Problem solved.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

You don't recall or rather in lieu of actually looking you inserted your biases as facts?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

What a load of crap. Painting people protesting the excessive use of deadly force as being cop haters is nothing more than at the very least an attempt at censorship and at worst an act of submission to a growing police state.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join