It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Soros cares about black people why not $650,000 to the survivors of Boko Haram?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I was criticizing donating to causes in the US that furthered his agenda and ignoring the very real need for food in Nigeria.

I had read (incorrectly) that Soros funded BLM. Making this thread cleared that up for me and I am grateful for that.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Here is a comprehensive list of organizations that are funded by Soros, though-- does show a pattern of funding leftist groups in US.

So, your "breaking news" is that Soros shows a pattern of funding lefties? That's not news... At all.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Can you give it up? I was mistaken and you cleared it up for me so thank you for that. How much more humility would you like from me?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
But Mr. SoreA$$ doesn't live in Nigeria... Is He a turd? No doubt. Are there even bigger, smellier turds? That depends on what side of the bowl You're floating. I'd wager some of My short-green and bet that other rich folks like Him, especially when He turns them onto upcoming calamities..

You ever wonder why all these old crusty turds cannot seem to turn off their $$$ grubbing schemes? You'd think they'd get tired of trying to separate folks from their $$ but nope, there they are, scheming. Evidently He has passed this trait onto His progeny as well...

I wonder how much dough these guys get to take with them? I think I'm going to opt for a RFID chip and put all My assets into and push out the 'other side' rolling like a Pharaoh.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Soros is a funder of the source of your news story.

© 2002-2016 Watchlist on Children and Armed Conflict. All rights reserved.

Watchlist on Children and Armed Conflict is a fiscally-sponsored project of the Tides Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and the nation's largest fiscal sponsor.
bottom of news source

Tides_(organization)
Tides has received at least $3.5 million from financier and political activist George Soros.[11

edit on 28-9-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Ha! Well, that's a bit ironic. This whole thread was based on a faulty premise (funding incendiary groups fronting as a proponent for the black cause, while real people starve).. so I'm very sorry to have wasted everyone's time anyway.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I posted that before I read much of the rest of the thread. Now I'm reading up on George Soros. He seems to be portrayed as "the man who is singlehandedly destroying the World" in some circles. Now I feel like finding out the whys and the who behind the demonizing. Interesting!

It was a slow day.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Ohanka

I agree that his money is being used for political gain and he probably doesn't care about black people.
Again I'm not a soros fan by any means.
but are you going to criticize any other billionaire for doing the same thing?
Is Zuckerberg sending aid to boko?

Zuckerberg might be, I haven't heard enough about that to make a decision. I'll look into it.

Though I don't think sending aid to Boko Haram would be something he'd like to brag about

I don't think there is a billionaire living today who is not a criminal. Trump included.
edit on -050004pm9kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I know you acknowledged and corrected, but if it were accurate, I still don't see the point. I've been confused for decades now about why people get upset about people donating to one cause and not another.

I've heard people complain about people donating to help homeless dogs, while not donating to help homeless people, or donating to a local food bank, while there are people in much more dire need of food on the other side of the world.

I get that Soros is a Delta-Bag, but I've never cared a lick about other people's motivations for and choices in who/what they donate their money or time to, nor do I ever expect to. Most people's opinions and perspectives differ from most people's opinions and perspectives.

I'm glad there are people who donate to Epilepsy foundations and Breast Cancer, because I don't - it's not close to my heart, even though I love breasts. Dogs are. Childhood cancer is. Homeless Veterans are.

Again, I know the OP was sort of retracted based on learned info, but at its core it brought up this point that's always bugged me.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Soros doesn't seem to care about black people with his support for Hillary Clinton nor do any leoliberals for the matter. They utilize them as political props and forget about them after election day.

Black people have been used for their legitimate anger and taken advantage by demagogues who don't give two halfs of an *excrement* about them.

After all its Hillary Clinton's Libya policy on direction from Soros And Rothschilds company that allowed the proliferation of Gadaffi Military weapons and APCs to flow south into Africa into the hands of Boko Haram and ISIL
edit on 2016 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Thank you for acknowledging retraction, and also for your valid point.

If I could be more articulate or clear about my stance, perhaps it would be that Soros donating to a group such as BLM, which claims to have the best interest of black people at heart but in reality is causing even more racial tension (now I admit, this is my opinion) and not actually achieving any real mobility for the people is so hypocritical considering (for example) that the UN is fully aware of the real plight of refugees in Nigeria and doing nothing. The original article I read, (not where I found the BLM mis-info) which wouldn't link here for some reason, stated that the only group currectly assisting the Nigerian refugees is the Red Cross.

My original point was if George Soros is really so concerned about equality and justice for all, why would he pick a divisive group to fund rather than real people in need? My personal take is that Soros would like nothing more than to have the soviergn nation of the US under his own thumb, but that is a different topic. I'm glad people donate to good causes but do not believe that Soros has anybody's interests at heart but his own. I have read some very interesting things about the man in the past but now am focused on finding the best sources for my information. So I'm off to do some more informed research.
Here's a booklet Soros commisioned about the Balkans if you're interested:
www.opensocietyfoundations.org...
Here's a well written article about Soros, but now that I've been proven wrong once today I'm a bit humbled and I have no way of verifying info but perhaps you could read it and form your own opinion on it:
theinternationalreporter.org...

And for the record-- I am all for racial equality and do hope I can help make a real change in the way our country and its countrymen support and contribute to the success of our black Americans. In my opinion, change must start in the neighborhoods and the schools and in the way we institutionally handle poverty and crime. I don't think BLM is going to achieve that but hope I'm wrong.
edit on 28-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

See, I'm not the only one who speaks out of ignorance. You don't know me, correct? So why assume I'm reading far right material and believing everything I've heard? In reality, I've always leaned towards the left. In the past I was very leftist in most issues and have modified my beliefs as I got a bit older. At this point in US election cycle I am pretty much apolitical because all of the candidates repel me so I'll probably end up with a write in or voting 3rd or 4th party in order to make a statement that a true democracy doesn't entail a choice between 2. So that's a bit about me.

As far as the racial tensions in my country and the ways in which they have been escalating recently, I have been watching the events unfold very carefully. I'm a firm believer that we are all human beings, all bleed red, all have a divine soul- plus I've lived and hung out in very "urban" areas where all colors are represented, love hip-hop music, rap, love blues and r&b, married a man who is of a different race than I, had a child who is not one particular race etc. People are people- some good some bad.

Here's a recent timeline of events that sparked this latest round of racial tension (of course there is an underlying systematic racism that has continually affected the black race but most Americans were blissfully unaware and I am focusing on issues that brought the problem to national attention).

1. Trayvon Martin- boy killed for walking home in a hoodie and perhaps for fighting off strange man following him.
2. Donald Sterling- Clippers owner caught on tape saying racist things to his non-white mistress
3. Michael Brown- young man killed for walking home in the middle of the street and struggling with cop who confronted him. BLM started to gain traction.
4. Walter Scott- unarmed man gunned down while running away from cop. Murder caught on camera.
5. Tamir Rice- young kid shot while waving realistic looking toy gun.
6. Charleston massacre- black congregationalists massacred by white supremecist wannabe kid in a church Bible study. Sparked confederate flag debate because the flag flew at government buildings. Man scaled flag pole and removed flag at protest.

It actually goes on and on from here. Cops ambushed and shot, cops shoot unarmed civilians, Dallas massacre, protests, riots, etc.
Our race relations are not on good footing. I like to read comments on the sites I go to (no, not far right but sites like this one and I used to go to Daily Mail for the sole purpose of reading people's views) and I can see the trend. It isn't coming towards a nice consensus, I assure you.

I don't think that BLM led directly to Dallas but it was the most visible and loudest (not the most extreme) anti-cop pro-black group and would be remiss to think it had nothing to do with it. Unless perp was a MK ULtra candidate which I don't discount either.

So there you have it. Why assume you know everything about someone based on a few internet comments? How ignorant is that?

edit on 29-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No! Even if this stupid rumor was true, his money and how he spends it is none of my business

Except when it comes to people with an R by their names, and goes like Koch.

Then it is.

(post by NorvinHobbs14 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Oct 6th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join