It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birth of the Dragon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Bruce Lee is back!!

Well not really Bruce Lee, but a new drama movie about his life and his legacy..
A awesome quote;" When the Student is ready the teacher will appear."

It seems to be a unique story about Bruce Lee and his life philosophy and the ancient universal dogma of the old world..

See you at the flickr!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Sausage party was more closely based on actual events than this. Think I'll give it a miss.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

My martial arts instructor is basically a Bruce Lee historian, teaches JKD, and just earned his Master Instructorship from Sigung Richard Bustillo, one of Bruce Lee's students (who, coincidentally will be giving a seminar next weekend at our school). He's making it pretty known that it appears that there will be many, many inaccuracies in this movie.

That said, as a fan of martial arts movies, I'll enjoy the movie for its entertainment value, I assume, but can't look at it as a documentary, by any stretch. I'm sure that some of it will be accurate, though, but I think that this contemptuous relationship that is the focus of this movie is so shrouded in mystery when it comes to details, and so full of hearsay, that it's probably impossible to get it very accurate at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

My instructor posted this link, and I thought that you would find it interesting. It's kind of a lengthy read (as far as internet attention span is concerned), but a good one, and it will send you into the movie with a little better understanding concerning the background of this fight and the contempt between the two characters.

Bruce Lee vs. Wong Jack Man: Fact, Fiction and the Birth of the Dragon

top topics

join