It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology - Louis Theroux - Joe Rogan Full 2 hour Interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff. Very interesting to hear these two chat about this. Watching now, will comment afterwards

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Commenting to come back after work.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InspectorGadget13
Commenting to come back after work.

I hope you do. Its a great interview

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm afraid if I watch the whole video it will be two hours of my life I will never get back.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Sure, but its interesting. Im listening to it as i work. Louis gives some very very good insights into the cult and also speaks about his approach to the film he made about them etc. Your loss in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Give us a summary when you're done.

Louis is a bit of a tit. He's a god to the hipsters who believe his every word. He's pedantic and shuts down any alternative views by editing his work so people come across as stupid. He's patronising.

It's because of this the lefty media, The Guardian etc use him as a tool to control the beliefs of otherwise intelligent people.

That said, I hate Scientology, I fully respect and enjoyed his last documentary on it.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's a good interview. Theroux is a bit more reserved and respectful than I expected and the facts (as he knows them) are focused on rather than heavy handed demonization or ridicule.
I think he's getting smarter, as demonstrated by the final ten or so minutes and realizing that especially today where everyone is used to spouting their opinion as fact, the only thing that really comes of it is that everyone becomes more entrenched in their views.

Most of the relevant scientology stuff is in the first 45 minutes or so, then I suspect they just ran out of material and let the conversation wander far and wide. I don't know that he came across anything in his research that most ATSers didn't already know about scientology, other than perhaps illuminating the current state of the organization.
Regardless, am looking forward to the completed documentary.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Heading home, will post my views tonight.

Cheers guys

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Listening now. Scientology is one of the scariest cults in modern times. I was a kid when Dianetics came out, and even back then it was unnerving listening to the adults talk about the book.

Listening to ex members' stories is even worse then one can imagine.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Scientology always provides an entertaining freak-show.

How ppl get caught up into this # I'll never know.

I suppose they prey upon those who are vulnerable.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's only the first hour and half they really discuss about Scientology the rest is discussing trump/hillary and politics

Interesting interview though, very insightful
edit on 28/9/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Special Sauce:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Give us a summary when you're done.

Louis is a bit of a tit. He's a god to the hipsters who believe his every word. He's pedantic and shuts down any alternative views by editing his work so people come across as stupid. He's patronising.

It's because of this the lefty media, The Guardian etc use him as a tool to control the beliefs of otherwise intelligent people.

That said, I hate Scientology, I fully respect and enjoyed his last documentary on it.

How do you know he edits his programs that way? They have always come across honest to me and most people who watch them. Now, are you SO paranoid that you believe that he is being used to control us?

A god to hipsters? No, hes just a damn good investigative journalist.

Back to the video. Joe tried to get him to say what he thought of the whole Xenu thing and Louis suprised me by saying that he made a promise to himself before he started the film that he wouldn't mock their beliefs as that's insulting and easy to do. That way if he ever met a scientologist he could say to them that he never mocked them.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I guess you're a fan of his.

The line about me being 'SO' paranoid is very Louis. Picking an exaggerated connotation and making it a veiled insult. He'd be proud of you.

Do you vape?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I guess you're a fan of his.

The line about me being 'SO' paranoid is very Louis. Picking an exaggerated connotation and making it a veiled insult. He'd be proud of you.

Do you vape?

Please stop talking to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

You're him!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You're him!

yeah, I'm playing the long con