It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot, Kill Man in San Diego Area; Protesters Gather

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i wonder given how close the cops were, how hard would it have been to not know the difference between a vape and a gun of any sort. maybe the vape looked identical to a gun.

Someone was wondering that. They took a picture of themselves pointing their vape at the camera.

i.imgur.com...

The devices come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Most probably look nothing like a gun, some clearly can look like a barrel of some kind as in the picture above.

I think the issue isn't even what the vape looked like. The officers, especially the one to the right in the released images would only have seen that he had something in his hand, but that his stance was the stance of someone who was about to shoot a handgun. That is probably what got the guy shot more than anything else.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Understood, but like I said, I don't care if someone isn't acting like themselves--if part of that uncommon behavior is pretending to aim a firearm (with an object that, for all intents and purposes, could easily be mistaken for the barrel of a firearm) directly at officers who have their firearms aiming at you, I'm inclined to think that this was suicide by cop.

People who are suicidal and depressed don't 'act like themselves' either. But, that's just speculation on my part, but it sure would explain his actions toward the officers.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join